Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OXFORD v POLICE  (Read 15017 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 20:24:55 »

Did Pox get run by Aldershit?

[url width=600 height=450]http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/data/roadbike/500/I-see-what-you-did-there-Fry.jpg[/url]
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 23:32:44 »

The 2nd poster is a fucking mong for stating that Hardon Wick is NEAR Swindon.  With that level of intelligence they deserve to have the shit kicked out of them by the police.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 06:10:34 »

The 2nd poster is a fucking mong for stating that Hardon Wick is NEAR Swindon.

Perhaps they haven't been to Swindon since 1980. Ask Reg, proper north Swindon stops at Moredon Smiley
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 06:49:47 »

According to reg ye olde Swinedon stops at old mrs miggins pig farm at the bottom of ye olde vic hille
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 08:33:32 »

I'm no hardman, even on the keyboard, but it is very much part of the matchday experience to see a win on the pitch and Wiltshire's finest wading into the yellow and blue on the Stratton Bank - don't really care whether the Pox know their rights or not.
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 08:45:47 »

That thread on the Pox board should be re-titled 'how can we avoid getting done for all the trouble we want to cause in Swindon'.

I guess the penny is dropping that its been 11 years since they were last at the CG, and the Policing of football games has changed.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 08:59:40 »

It all comes from our local police being complete fuckwits in the early part of last season. There was virtually no police presence at our early matches, then someone brought a decent number of hardmen (can't remember who, Aldershot maybe) and there was no-one there to deal with it.

I got it wrong, it was Port Vale, not Aldershot.

That thread on the Pox board should be re-titled 'how can we avoid getting done for all the trouble we want to cause in Swindon'.

Did you even read the thread? Its not about that at all, and all you need to do is read the first paragraph of the first post to realise that.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:00:33 »

I'm no hardman, even on the keyboard, but it is very much part of the matchday experience to see a win on the pitch and Wiltshire's brainless wading into the yellow and blue on the Stratton Bank - don't really care whether the Pox know their rights or not.

Corrected it for you.
Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:35:27 »

This thread seems to have gone off on a bit of a tangent from what the actual O*ford thread is about. It seems to me, at least from the first post and brief scan, they're raising issues over how the police have become a bit shit and in some cases heavy handed (brutal even) and seeming to sometimes incite the crowd. I think they're very valid points (being anti-police state) and as fans we should be aware of the pigs and way they treat fans.

Maybe Swindon and the Pox should join forces and completely and utterly fuck the police over. I know I'm getting tooled up like a murderer.

Edit:Worth a read: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/03/football-fan-attacked
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:43:28 by Barry Scott » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:45:08 »

Did you even read the thread? Its not about that at all, and all you need to do is read the first paragraph of the first post to realise that.

Yeah, yeah, bullshit!

Im all for supporters knowing their rights, but even I cant give you any sympathy, when a lot of the posts on that board are looking forward to kicking off.

I do agree that the Police's use of Horses and dogs is controversial. Basically a way of causing people serious injury without assaulting people themselves. And BTP do HATE football fans, no exxageration. Best to avoid if you can.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:55:31 by Spencer_White » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 10:47:17 »

You're normally pretty rational, Spencer. Engage your brain and read the thread again, at least the first post. It's not about that.

Barry, woolster and Kinky Tom have got it.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 11:56:49 »

Obviously dont want to see anyone get hancuffed and mauled by dogs, but youve got to face some facts, youve got too many fans spouting about kicking off in Swindon on that website, its going to cause your fans problems with the Police on the day. You will get some of your rights infringed, certainly in terms of movement in Swindon. Just looks a bit pathetic to be moaning about it now. Its different if it just stays on Hooligan websites.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 12:18:23 by Spencer_White » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 12:22:14 »

I think you're talking at crossed purposes.  OF (& Barry, Woolster etc.) are absolutely right.  The opening post of the thread was all about the potential for a police over-reaction...and even the possibility of police incitement to violence.

But I think Spence is trying (badly!) to make the more general point that the general tenor of that forum does seem quite aggressive...when it comes to matters concerning ourselves, at least.  Violence/trouble seems to be of more interest than the game of football itself.  In my humble view, there appear to be far too many folk in Oxford who are far too hung up on us.

I love a local derby like the rest of us...but I'll never lose sight of the fact that Oxford fans, like us, are football fans who have chosen the local side over following a Prem side from the armchair.  We have more in common than many would like to admit.  (Would you rather spend a couple of hours talking in a pub with an Oxford fan or a Man U/Chelsea fan?  Answer the question honestly.)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 12:28:57 »

I love a local derby like the rest of us...but I'll never lose sight of the fact that Oxford fans, like us, are football fans who have chosen the local side over following a Prem side from the armchair.  We have more in common than many would like to admit.  (Would you rather spend a couple of hours talking in a pub with an Oxford fan or a Man U/Chelsea fan?  Answer the question honestly.)

exactly how i feel ardiles
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 12:47:27 »

But I think Spence is trying (badly!) to make the more general point that the general tenor of that forum does seem quite aggressive...when it comes to matters concerning ourselves, at least.

But it's largely keyboard warriors talking their usual shite.  We've got a few on here but there's either not as many or they're not as vocal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: