Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC comedy  (Read 7997 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 12:58:04 »

Yeah she is.

But I like Not Going Out.

How Bogus Dave can like the fucking American version of The Office and not like Curb Your Enthusiasm beggars belief.

I think the The Office (U.S.) is brilliant. However, I also think that Curb is better.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 13:07:38 »

I wish they'd hurry up and make Series 4 of the The Thick of It so I can contribute something to this thread...made me think about how little TV I actually watch now.

Thick of It is fucking amazing. Malcolm Tucker is a genius.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 13:55:49 »

Best US comedy by a mile is Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Wrong. It's The Big Bang Theory. It's simply the funniest thing on TV by far, and when you consider that in the US they cancel shows on a whim, they've already signed up Big Bang Theory for another 3 years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 13:59:31 »

Wrong. It's The Big Bang Theory. It's simply the funniest thing on TV by far, and when you consider that in the US they cancel shows on a whim, they've already signed up Big Bang Theory for another 3 years.

That doesn't mean it'll make it all the way. If ratings dropped enough then the network would have no hesitation is ending it.

Big Bang Theory's canned laughter winds me up.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:11:04 »

I like the cheesiness of Not Going Out - admitedly the recent series really shoe-horned the gags in. The first few with the amercian girl who was very cute were some of the best.  I think she went on to be the doctor in the mental hospital in season 6 of House
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:15:24 »

The last comedy of any real quality on the BBC was Summer Heights High, it was Australian and aired about 3 years ago. .
Summer Heights High was very good and I'm enjoying Angry Boys with the same bloke writing and acting in it (can't remember his name off the top of my head).

Have to agree with The Thick of It being brilliant and I will also add my name to the list of people that like Not Going Out even though I know it's not cool to like a comedy that's "gone mainstream".  It's just very funny.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:20:11 »

Of recent BBC comedy i've only really enjoyed Lead Baloon and The Trip. The Trip I thought was brilliant. It had it's really funny moments that would just crack you up. It was something a bit different as well. Lead Baloon isn't always the funniest but it has it's good episodes as well as it's bad ones. The last one the other night was actually pretty funny.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:40:02 »

Big Bang Theory is OK, it's very samey, i'm amazed they are dragging it out for another 3 seasons.

How I Met Your Mother is better Smiley
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:57:25 »

Summer Heights High was very good and I'm enjoying Angry Boys with the same bloke writing and acting in it (can't remember his name off the top of my head).

Have to agree with The Thick of It being brilliant and I will also add my name to the list of people that like Not Going Out even though I know it's not cool to like a comedy that's "gone mainstream".  It's just very funny.

The bloke is Chris Lilley. Very talented. I Like Angry Boys aswell but it isn't better than SHH.

Mr G is up there with Tubbs (LOG) as being my favourite ever tv character. Genius.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 14:58:58 by mrverve » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:29:31 »

I generally give so called comedies 5-10 mins to amuse me,if it fails then off it goes.
That pile of shit with Will Mellor i tried and switched off.
Mrs Browns boys was good i thought. Gavin and Stacey was overated imo. Was watchable and at times amusing but nothing special.
The best Comedy i've seen recently from the beeb was the xmas edition of The Royle family. Different class was that.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:32:22 »

Snuff Box is my favourite BBC one from the last few years. The Wrong Door was very good also. Both are well worth a watch.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 20:27:55 »

Hooked on Angry Boys now, Spent today watching all the episodes that have aired on bbc Three
Grayson

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 14:35:38 »

Watched "Him and Her" on BBC 1 the other night and thought it was funny. It was previously on BBC 3
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 16:18:05 »

Of recent BBC comedy i've only really enjoyed Lead Baloon and The Trip. The Trip I thought was brilliant. It had it's really funny moments that would just crack you up. It was something a bit different as well. Lead Baloon isn't always the funniest but it has it's good episodes as well as it's bad ones. The last one the other night was actually pretty funny.

The Trip was great
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 18:25:54 »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: