Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At risk of stating the obvious re the squad  (Read 10836 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:01:26 »

Was Lou Macari not a bit of a fitness monster?

He was, but we got off to an average start in our record winning season didn't we? Flies in the face of my theory.  But then again that was 25 years ago or so!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:02:11 »

Cheers BR and others.  Life's good, got married, got a little 6 month old, life's good.  Just hope Town begin to pick up.  Matilda hasn't experience the results man declare a Town home win yet in her lifetime.

Congrats! You must be getting sleep again by now.

Still remember my lads first time wearing his baby Swindon kit. We lost in the cup against Notts County Sad But his first live game we beat Vale 6-0. The results man will buck his ideas up this season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:03:40 »

Hello Jan
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:05:12 »

Hello Jan

Fuck off tans.  ;-)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:09:02 »

what brings you back Jan

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:09:14 »

Was Lou Macari not a bit of a fitness monster?
Without a doubt. We used to play about 10-15 pre-season games, most of which were against local non-league sides, plus the (in)famous boot camp on Salisbury Plain. When we got the double promotions in 85-86 and 86-87 there's no doubt that we didn't have the best players individually but we certainly had the best team who were incredibly fit and worked their bollocks off for each other.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:12:38 »

what brings you back Jan

In a word 'fascism'.

No, not sure, I often had a read on here every now and then, but thought interesting times at the CG, why not?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:13:16 »

Best side I saw that year by a mile football wise was Burnley, they passed us off the CG, we were terrible, result 2-0 win, we just wore them down by effort and teamwork alone, It was bloody awful to watch though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:14:50 »

This squad is at least 5 players short to even be challenging for the play offs. We need at least 2 more permanent strikers (first team strikers), a new first choice goalkeeper, and competition for the full backs.

We can possibly leave 2 players to purchases on deadline day, but no more.

I fear the Pox game will come far too quickly for us.   Angry

In a division where the likes of James Cunstubble, Elliot Beyon and Chris Zebroski are top end players - I dont think we are looking that weak.

I do however think we'll be putting some faith in Kennedy and Thompson as the full backs, which could turn out as a disaster or a damn good move we should have tried last season.

If we start the season with

Smith

Thompson
Devera
Comazzi
Kennedy

Caddis
Ferry
Timlin
Ritchie

De Vita
Bodin

I've gone with Thompson as Amankwaah is injured at the moment. Yeah we look short on strikers but the rest doesnt look too bad.

....and its only the first of July.

So - a month to get in another left back, right and left winger and two strikers in my opinion.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:15:45 »

still no panic from me. Look at what is going on in other football transfers,it's all talk with not masses of moves. We are just rolling along like all the other clubs seem to be doing.

Bushey,then janagge in the last few days. Toni will be next
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:17:52 »

Toni will be next

Smiley

Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:29:37 »

In a division where the likes of James Cunstubble, Elliot Beyon and Chris Zebroski are top end players - I dont think we are looking that weak.

So - a month to get in another left back, right and left winger and two strikers in my opinion.

Come off it, Smith was absolutely terrible a lot of games last season. Nowhere near good enough now.

Hoping that we will be good because its a weak division = certain failure.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:29:45 »

Dicanio joined 5 weeks ago and has bought in 5 players that's one a week and we got 5 weeks left until kick off. Do the maths.

I got a feeling you will see us bring in some decent strikers.We have released aload of players and have a very big budget left to play with as we have not paid one fee yet so don't be suprised to see us spending money on strikers
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:32:52 »

I reckon they might go for mcleod
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 20:34:23 »

mcleod

there can be only one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: