Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At risk of stating the obvious re the squad  (Read 10648 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 08:48:26 »

Nice to see you back Banbers, I still owe you a pint from from when we were in the bottom league last time!

What with you and jan back in 1 day perhaps the debates may become more of a debate and a little less heated as they seem to have become lately.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 09:05:02 »

Nice to see you back Banbers, I still owe you a pint from from when we were in the bottom league last time!

What with you and jan back in 1 day perhaps the debates may become more of a debate and a little less heated as they seem to have become lately.

Hi JJ - Bury away if I recall ?

Yes I most often read the posts but don't contribute so much now !!
I am working in Europe quite a bit at present though still did not miss a home game last season and that was fucking dire and depressing.

My eldest boy is 7 and went to a few games last year. Lost interest but he is ready to go again this season. I dragged him to Rochdale away last season and he actually enjoyed that one.
My youngest is just 4 and he wants to come. I may need to give him another year !!

This season at least will be exciting.

Will be great to catch up with you. Where are you living now ?

Anyway being older generation you don't need reminding the 2 most important games of the season. Rivalry at its best.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 09:13:34 »

Yes it was Bury, there was you, me, Moomin and Lanky there on that bloody hot spring day got me noggin burnt! and the only part I remember was Fred having a blazing slanging match with Christian Roberts for being lazy!

Still in Somerset and not getting to as many games as I would like since my illnesses but hey ho, I am ever eager that the season coming is going to be the best ever, I have faith in PdC and feel he will contribute the goods to the cause, but even if we don't go up I so bloody wish we put one over on the "auld enemy" for people like you that live local and put up with the crap day to day.

Onwards and upwards mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 09:28:03 »

If this thread was started in 3 weeks time, then I think we'd have cause for concern.

I just want to see a couple more friendlies organised against some other football league oppo, so that we can start guaging what these new guys are like. Especially Risser - that is a bit of a strange one that he's been offered a contract after a couple of days training...

Still, s'all good for now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 09:37:43 »

If this thread was started in 3 weeks time, then I think we'd have cause for concern.

I just want to see a couple more friendlies organised against some other football league oppo, so that we can start guaging what these new guys are like. Especially Risser - that is a bit of a strange one that he's been offered a contract after a couple of days training...

Still, s'all good for now.

I've said this before. We do not have enough games lined up for what is a completely new squad of players.
Spencer_White

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:30:18 »

I hope we get beat in all our friendly games against professional sides, because I think that will make the squad realise the amount of work theyve got to do.

Worst thing possible would be if Reading turn up with a bunch of reserves who went out on the piss the night before and we stuff them.

Crewe are always a tidy well organised outfit, and they will embaress us if we are not ready. Anyone remmember being played off the park by them a week after losing the cup game to the scum? That was a low, really low.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:34:12 by Spencer_White » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:34:39 »

I really can't understand how people on here can already know how our season will go. It's just turned July and there are still 5 weeks until the season kicks off!

We've still got players to come in and pre season proper doesn't start until next week.

But don't let that stop anyone from making knee jerk reactions already...

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:36:23 »

I hope we win all our pre-season games and take that momentum into the season.

Spencer_White

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:38:59 »

I hope we win all our pre-season games and take that momentum into the season.

Good pre season = shit start. Look at the results over the last 10 years? Players get complacent if they beat a side from a league above. I honestly dont think you get any momentum from pre season, because the second after FT on the first game of the season, pre season is totally forgotten.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 10:46:18 »

I like the fact that we've only got 5 friendlies arranged this summer. Playing 10+ doesn't achieve a great deal.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 11:08:36 »

Crewe have 6 friendlys and cheltenham have 5.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 11:20:49 »

On the oracle (FM2010), I had 7 friendlies.

So 7 should be the exact number of friendlies we should be having
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 11:58:50 »

I remember was Fred having a blazing slanging match with Christian Roberts for being lazy!

Cheesy

That was the day that I took a flying elbow from Jukebox when we all bundled him after scoring.

Ended up with a right shiner and had a job interview on the Monday

Happy days
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 12:01:52 »

Fred you have been quiet.

May i ask you your take in the dicanio appointment and the pre season so far.One is intrigued to hear ones point of view.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, July 2, 2011, 12:04:32 »

May i ask you your take in the dicanio appointment and the pre season so far.One is intrigued to hear ones point of view.
i bet he hasn't, he's just been swearing at the dog instead.
oh and you sound well posh deano

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: