Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott McGleish  (Read 9240 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 07:51:57 »

Why aint we going in for decent strikers?

Please fuck off, thanks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:11:42 »

McGleish was one player i was hoping we'd consider. Maybe we did, who knows. still, loads of players still out there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:20:50 »

Maybe we did, who knows. still, loads of players still out there.

Exactly right, who the fuck knows the quality of striker we are trying to sign? I am confident that PDC knows some very good strikers that WILL sign for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:25:04 »

He's not stupid. I think he'll feel his squad is coming together, but the attacking department is the one area that needs the most attention. The problem is, so is everyone else... which is often why these players are the last to arrive.

Look at Donaldson and Le fondre, both certs to leave but not sorted where yet.

Still a lot of transfer activity ahead.

I'd be happy if we had – realistically – two newbies, two experienced if poss, or one experienced the other a (season-long) loanee perhaps, plus the lad from Livi and one other, whether that's Knight or someone else.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 09:00:59 »

I've always wondered why LeFondre has never moved on, something very strange going on there.

McGleish is in his twilight, he's had 1 season in the sun I don't think he'll recreate it, if I'm wrong though, it's a master stroke by Buckle!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 09:05:23 »

Unfortunately that's a nice little group of signings that Rovers have made, they are going down the "been there done it before route".  A safe, less risky route than we are going down.

Dont know which is going to work best but its looks like Rovers could be up near the top of the league.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 09:20:36 »

I've always wondered why LeFondre has never moved on, something very strange going on there.

McGleish is in his twilight, he's had 1 season in the sun I don't think he'll recreate it, if I'm wrong though, it's a master stroke by Buckle!

100 odd goals in 250 Apps.

Derby and Leicester were both looking last year but from the odd bits i have seen on messege boards talk is that his fitness is very suspect and may struggle at a higher level to maintain it.
Thats not to say in lge 2 he wont score for fun but you want more than a lge 2 striker if you are paying big bucks.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:19:25 »

Unfortunately that's a nice little group of signings that Rovers have made, they are going down the "been there done it before route".  A safe, less risky route than we are going down.

Dont know which is going to work best but its looks like Rovers could be up near the top of the league.

Not sure how their policy will compare, but certainly agree they'll be in the top seven.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 12:58:03 »

Spent part of the morning with an avidf rovers supporter season ticket holder, share holder the lot.

He is totally pissed off with the signings made by them so far.  He sees it as Division survival not promotion.That includes the Management appointment.

He believes that we have been very clever in our appointments. Getting our players from across Europre not across Devon like them.

Apparently the move to a new site at UWE is dependant on London 2012 money!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 13:10:42 »

I agree with you but that doesn't mean they'll gel and play well together as a team.  Here's hoping they don't  Cheesy
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 13:14:10 »

Spent part of the morning with an avidf rovers supporter season ticket holder, share holder the lot.

He is totally pissed off with the signings made by them so far.  He sees it as Division survival not promotion.That includes the Management appointment.

He believes that we have been very clever in our appointments. Getting our players from across Europre not across Devon like them.

How funny...the grass is always greener...
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 13:47:05 »

Doesnt surprise me this. Safe options taken by Buckle. Which team is going to be more interesting to watch...no brainer....

Bathtime
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 13:55:11 »

I'm surprised that Joe Kuffor is still there. Mind you I was surprised he stayed there in the division above. He surely could do better.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 14:29:08 »

I'm glad we haven't taken the same approach as Rovers, they have signed plenty of average players.

In terms of players who other clubs have signed, there's only one I would really have liked to see at Swindon and that is Danny Schofield, who has signed for Rotherham today. I think he will be excellent at League 2 level.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 14:39:15 »

I'm glad we haven't taken the same approach as Rovers, they have signed plenty of average players.

You mean sign experienced players with proven track records at this level?

Im not saying our collection of new lads from all corners off the world wont be succesfull, they could be world beaters for all we know but the Rovers transfer policy seems pretty sensible to me. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: