Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something Bad is happening in London  (Read 22625 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 10:59:53 »

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with this. I bet most of the al queda dont give two figs about Iraq. Terrorist attacks happened before Iraq aswell.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:00:58 »

Barry I think you are being a bit nieve.

There is an increased risk 'thanks' to the golf war, but Al'Q are not the only terrorist organisation. The IRA had different reasosns before it. The Palastinians have now. As do the 'G8' protesters.
Piemonte

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:02:36 »

Batch, thats total bollocks.
McLovin

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:05:25 »

If it isn't a load of Muslims, i'll be extremely surprised.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:06:56 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

In what way?
Barry Scott

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:09:19 »

I agree.

We had little or no terrorists wanting to cause us problems pre 9/11. Iraq and various other american arse licking acts have made us a target for terrorism. FACT

And you call me naive.
Piemonte

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:14:17 »

Quote from: "Batch"

In what way?

In the way that not many organisations with anti-uk views have the means or motive to carry out such a co-ordinated attack other than muslin extremists be they Al Quaeda or another group with similar values.

The co-ordinated nature of the attacks bears all the hallmarks of Al Quaeda
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:14:57 »

I disagree with the war in Iraq  and agree that it had made us much more of a target.

But to blame a muslim fundamentalist organisation (which may well be the cause)  before the facts are known is  out of order. Most likely but not the forgone conclusion that you have stated. Thats all I ment.

e.g. More specualtion:
Quote from: "PressAssociation"

British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before today’s explosions they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.
Israel was holding an economic conference near the scene of one of the explosions. Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was supposed to attend, but the attacks occurred before he arrived.
Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy and said warnings of possible attacks had been received, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:16:40 »

Do not get me started on Israel, without this nation the world would be a better place.  Don't mean to offend but that one country has been getting away with murder for years.

Sort out Israel and we'll sort out half the world's problems.  

Free Palestine!!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:18:05 »

I disagree with the war in Iraq  and agree that it had made us much more of a target.

But to blame a muslim fundamentalist organisation (which may well be the cause)  before the facts are known is  out of order. Most likely but not the forgone conclusion that you have stated. Thats all I ment.

e.g. More specualtion:

British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before today’s explosions they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.
Israel was holding an economic conference near the scene of one of the explosions. Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was supposed to attend, but the attacks occurred before he arrived.
Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy and said warnings of possible attacks had been received, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.

I wouldn't say that it is out of order to blame Al Qaeda, sure it may not be them, but their sole purpose is to inflict terror on others, it's not as if they are friendly happy-go-lucky lot is it?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:18:08 »

i'm at my dad's in fulham broadway sposed to have been catching a 12:30 coach from victoria, but that's fucked now.

i think, like 9/11, it was actually a government consipracy.
makes us all kind of forget the atrocities in africa therefore giving leeway to the PM and other members of the summit to perhaps not act in the way we all went them to (increased aid, wipe out debt), which, lets face it would be somewhat disastrous for the government's money etc.
instead, an intricate terrorist attack, no doubt the government would use as justification for an increase in military and defence funding.

the happiness of the nation thanks to the olympics may well be another reason for a conspiracy. a happy nation certainly doesnt consume as much as a scared nation.
the government want us all to consume, and we will do after such a disaster that has happened just a few miles from where i am now.

of course absolutely none of this can be proved and i dont actually believe it myself. but you'd be foolish not to realise waters run alot deeper than " a load of muslims"

officially blacker than the night.
Piemonte

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:20:36 »

e.g. More specualtion:

To say its well out of order is a bit over the top, whilst I'm obviously only speculating I'd be stunned if I'm wrong.

If the palestinians were to attack anyone, it would be the yanks. We've never really been that involved in the dispute compared to Amercias outright support of the isralis.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:21:43 »

Thing is with Israel is that it belonged to the palestinians (sp?) and then the americans gave it to the jews to settle and it rightly pissed the palestinians off, something like that anyway it is far too complicated too explain.

Kinda like if America decided that all canadians should live here and kicked us all out, we'd naturally be extremely pissed off wouldn't we?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:23:15 »

Yeah, "out of order" is over the top Pie, sorry. Truth is we may never know who did this unless they admit responsibility.

Think I got a bit worked up by Pappas 'ban the muslims' rant and went off on a tangent.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 7, 2005, 11:24:05 »

regardless of who's behind this, i'm sure it means tony blair will be wedged even further up bush's arsehole now in the "fight against terror"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: