Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Elliot Benyon - Another waste of money ???????  (Read 3251 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 10:58:06 »

Quote -    ELLIOT Benyon’s desire to play at a higher level and the lack of a guarantee of first-team football contributed to his loan move to Wycombe, interim Town chairman Jeremy Wray has revealed.

Is this yet another Premiership Wannabee who thinks he's much better than he is  Huh??, at 23 if he was that great he would be setting the stage alight by now.
Seems that yet another player we've invested in is just using us as a stepping stone, thinking that he is much better than he actually is.
He needs to have a good look at himself and remember No player at any club is guaranteed first-team football, you have to earn the right.

What will happen at the end of next season when the loan term runs out ??, assuming (hopefully) we are promoted and Wycombe are relegated will he be back with his tail between your legs pleading his undying devotion to the Town again ??.
You've had your chance, face facts, you just were not good enough, Obviously Di canio feels the same way,  if you'd been that good we'd still be in League 1.

You were quick enough to accept the deal, if you think the pressure here is too much for you then think again, you will be in the same postion next season as you were last season.

OK - I agree, maybe you did'nt have that many first team opportunities but 1 goal in the 12 games you had does not make you a candidate for first-team football.

I'm keeping an open mind on this one, not sure if his return would be welcome, but I've a feeling this won't happen anyway.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Zippy

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:00:36 »

I agree. Greedy twat.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:02:02 »

If the club were interested in keeping him,do you honestly believe they would loan him out for a season?
He has been here a few months,cost a fee and is under contract. If he was rated he wouldn't be loaned out. Even if he wanted out he would be sold on, as is the norm.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:04:27 »

Footballers are professionals with career aspirations just like anyone else.  He was scoring prolifically for Torquay during the first half of last season, and probably felt he had earned the right for a shot at a higher level.  So he moved to us.

Having moved, it didn't work out.  He got injured and never had a chance to make his mark when Wilson was here.  By the time Hart arrived, the ship was practically sunk already.  Would he feel any loyalty to STFC?  Very much doubt it.  If I was him, I would probably be doing something similar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:05:48 »

Quote -    ELLIOT Benyon’s desire to play at a higher level and the lack of a guarantee of first-team football...

I think this says it all. If he was looking likely to be a bench warmer then why wouldn't he move?! He has my sympathy. It just didn't work out here what with Wilson getting the chop then the injury then Hart.

To me this signals that PDC must have a couple of strikers lined up who he think are better than Benyon.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:10:34 »

When your the only forward on a teams books and they cant guarentee you first team football, it would seem to speak volumes about what they think of your ability.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:13:26 »

When your the only forward on a teams books and they cant guarentee you first team football, it would seem to speak volumes about what they think of your ability.

this

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 11:59:52 »

Or you plan to play a 4-6-0 formation.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 12:00:36 »

Or you plan to play a 4-6-0 formation.

is paul hart coming back?!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 13:55:13 »

is paul hart coming back?!
No.. no...no.............Please No............................................ Sad

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 13:56:43 »

If the club were interested in keeping him,do you honestly believe they would loan him out for a season?
He has been here a few months,cost a fee and is under contract. If he was rated he wouldn't be loaned out. Even if he wanted out he would be sold on, as is the norm.
Exactly what I am saying......not that good.............Another waste of money.

Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 17:46:29 »

I dont think Di Canio thinks he's any good.

You never know, he might bang them in for Wycombe and STFC get back more than what they paid for him. Could happen.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 18:45:19 »

but when you consider that he's gone a league above to start regularly, and that last season he scored regularly in L2, then maybe someone's been a bit hasty, stupid even, in their assessment of your ability.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 18:54:00 »

The guy is from Wycombe, he wants to play in L1 and wasn't penciled in to lead the Town attack. It's a no brainer, no point having a player mope on the bench.

Perhaps it's because I didn't rate him pre-joining but I really don't regard this as puzzling in any way.

Did Benyon deserve a chance at Swindon? Absolutely. However it's not worked out, it happens... esecially when a player is brought in and the man who signs him leaves weeks later.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 18:57:53 »

but when you consider that he's gone a league above to start regularly, and that last season he scored regularly in L2, then maybe someone's been a bit hasty, stupid even, in their assessment of your ability.
I think we are better off waiting until the end of the season before we determain that. No one has even said that was the case infact he was only told he can't be promised a starting place which is what every manager does isn't it? He was asked like every other player if he wants to stay and fight for his place and has obviously decided against it so fuck him.

Where he is a new manager i think too many are looking to jump on him at every opportunity here. 99% of us were happy to get rid of nearly every one of these players at some point and now we are people are panicking.

Benyon no matter how people try and cover it up has had 1 and a half decent seasons in league2 and is hardly proven.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: