Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Benyon to Wycombe - Season long loan  (Read 14023 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:19:24 »

Perhaps PDC thinks we play in a 5-a-side league or something? Somebody should tell him PDQ.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:20:06 »

Rumour rjack? From where?

In all honesty i didnt rate the lad. He scored goals at this level true and thats something not to be sniffed at. I guess if Paolo has watched the videos of the games from last year he hasn't seen enough to keep him.

I guess eye brows are always raised when you loan a player to a higher division club!
Barry Scott

« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:22:28 »

Strange one, but I can't imagine the loss or Benyon being fundamental to our success or failure this season. The squad is certainly wafer thin, but while we've still (apparently) got our key midfield 4, I'm not too bothered. The less players we have, the more there are to bring in. The more we bring in, the more potential points of excitement exist!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:23:11 »

Born In Wycombe
Family in Wycombe
Wycombe fan and season ticket holder

Yep definatly all the clubs doing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:25:03 »

The squad is certainly wafer thin, but while we've still (apparently) got our key midfield 4, we've so far kept our best.

That's useful so long as we don't want to try and keep goals out, or score them at the other end Smiley

Di Canio must have a few strikers/defenders lined up to allow this to happen. Surely?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:26:01 »

Rumour rjack? From where?

In all honesty i didnt rate the lad. He scored goals at this level true and thats something not to be sniffed at. I guess if Paolo has watched the videos of the games from last year he hasn't seen enough to keep him.

I guess eye brows are always raised when you loan a player to a higher division club!

The bloke who told me said it came from Benyon himself but i'm sure it'll all come out in the next few days
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:29:24 »

clearly we have players coming in who can fill these gaps otherwise all these players wouldn't be leaving.

but i do have a feeling the club is starting to be run how it was 5 years ago which is rather worrying

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:29:28 »

That's useful so long as we don't want to try and keep goals out, or score them at the other end Smiley

Di Canio must have a few strikers/defenders lined up to allow this to happen. Surely?

We're clearly not going to NOT sign any strikers having let all ours go*. The consensus at the end of the season seemed to be that the deadwood needed clearing out to make way for new signings. The fact that one has happened before the other should not be undue cause for concern. It's the 20th June, not 5th August.

(*Unless he's planning on playing a Roma-esque 4-6-0 with Ritchie in the Totti role? Only kidding.)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:29:52 »

Strange one, but I can't imagine the loss or Benyon being fundamental to our success or failure this season. The squad is certainly wafer thin, but while we've still (apparently) got our key midfield 4, I'm not too bothered. The less players we have, the more there are to bring in. The more we bring in, the more potential points of excitement exist!

Spot on Barry, that's the way i'm feeling.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:30:44 »

So...

Half a defence, a midfield with very little back-up and no strike force.

Going to have to be very, very busy in the transfer market this week because we're really going to need a good pre-season to get a "team" together.

Roll on the good news...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:35:22 »

WTF is going on, we have a player that is proven at L2 level that we bought for a fee and then we go and loan him out for the season when we will be needing goal scorers, why not give him pre-season to prove his worth, strange, I think more detail is needed on this one
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:35:32 »

Its amusing me, PDC said he wanted the squad together for the start of preseason (we all know that never happens) but this maybe the smallest squad that ever come back to start it off with, what will those still here think!

A poll on how many join this week? officially only Devera so far so what do you reckon?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:35:52 »

We're clearly not going to NOT sign any strikers having let all ours go*. The consensus at the end of the season seemed to be that the deadwood needed clearing out to make way for new signings. The fact that one has happened before the other should not be undue cause for concern. It's the 20th June, not 5th August.

(*Unless he's planning on playing a Roma-esque 4-6-0 with Ritchie in the Totti role? Only kidding.)

Quite.

May: Our squad is shit, we need a clear out. What are they doing?
July: Oh my god, they're having a clear out. What are they doing?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:36:19 »

No idea why but I reckon we'll sign Clayton Donaldson very soon.

No sauces, just pure guesswork.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 12:38:34 »

he'll play along side Phillips then surely Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: