Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40906 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:49:48 »

It's only disappointing in the sense that the club, media and player suggested he would remain at the club.

He was seemingly just as responsible as the others for our plight.

My only concern is that we were told that Di Canio would bring a mix of Football League experience and Johnny Foreigners.

So far our FL experience is Devera (he has plenty) and maybe Leon Knight who has a track record of goals but also plenty of negatives.

Not panicking as the week is young.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:50:34 »

Boo urns!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:52:30 »

Wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever gazzza is now
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:52:34 »

I must admit, I'm a bit pissed off that Douglas has gone. I thought he might just have had the bottle to put right what he had a large part in causing last season.

However, thats another big earner off the books, and it might just be the case that some of the deals that have been stalling or haven't come off have been because we didn't know whether Douglas would be staying next season, and therefore, didn't know what the wage budget was.

I'm hoping that this'll clear the way for us to dip a little further into our pockets and sign a few decent players.

Although I admit, I'm stupidly optimistic sometimes.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:54:35 »

Wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever gazzza is now

A fly on a padded wall hopefully

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:01:53 »

i guess he wouldn't take the drop from his huge wage of the last 2 years.
Couldn't give a shit really,he is overated by most, is replaceable and probably for a player that will score a few goals too.
fuck him.....
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:09:19 »

What a shit day this has been.

Not only have we lost Douglas, our 6ft plus young striker from Brazil has turned into Leon Fucking Knight on loan.

The optimism of the last couple of weeks has gone, the new signings (assuming we can get anyone to sign) are becoming even more important by the day.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:13:41 »

When did Leon Knights trial turn into a loan?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:31:55 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/8993396.Douglas_sorry_for_Town_s_relegation/

Sticking to his word eh
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:33:56 »

I'm getting slightly concerned, I know we needed a clear out but that is 1 player out of all the out of contract that has signed - and that is becasue he didn't get a better offer.

But Dougie to Brentford is a surprise, surely you would think staying at stfc being the midfield lynchpin getting promotion back to L1 would be a better season than mid-table with brentford (no offence to Brentford...fuck it yes there is)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:40:29 »

He wasnt crucial to the cause though.

Far from it, he was fucking rubbish last season and will be no loss.

Do you honestly think if Dougie played well last season we wouldn't have been relegated?

The reason we we're so shit last season and got relegated was because we lacked at the back and up front, not the midfield.

Douglas has been the best midfielder we've had here in years. Before he came here we were crying out for someone that does what he does.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:43:54 »

Because Douglas is leaving? The bloke was fantastic the season before last, but very average last season.

We've still got plenty of time to bring a few more players in and although they may not be 'names' I don't think that's an issue.

Most of the successful players we've had here have been virtual unknowns to most of us before they arrived.

Relax, have a drink and don't have a heart attack!

I'm pissed off with Dougie because I really thought that he and Ferry could be a fantastic central midfield next season.

But I'm more pissed off with Knight. We have not had a proper strikeforce since when, Easter last year? We keep being told that we are looking to bring in a striker by deadline day, and then it doesn't matter if we don't because the loan market is open. And it hasn't happened. Now we have some real optimism about the place, and we are going to bring in some decent strikers. And what do we get, the little shit himself. He must have been more hated inch for inch and pound for pound that any other player I can think of over the last few years.

Yes he's had a tough time, and everyone deserves a second chance, and God knows how Rushden have effectively forced him to go abroad for the last three years, but I don't want him playing fro Swindon. I was at Brighton, I saw him clock the mighty David Duke, and I don't want him wearing the red and white.

I'm sorry for caring and yes, the world ain't going to come to an end, but I am fucked off about both Dougie and Knight.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:49:35 »

Uwe Rösler must be a smug german now!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:50:39 »

So playing for Swindon in L2 is better than playing for Brentford in L1? You'd rather play at morecambe than sheffield united?

Get a grip.

he's joined brentford because it's a higher standard of football and because he can still live in cotswolds and commute, pretty simple.
Spencer_White

« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:54:57 »

Douglas is a seasoned pro, and knew to not to burn his bridges.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: