Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40647 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 18:10:13 »

Good fucking riddance. Frees up a decent wage. I'm nowhere near panic mode. in fact, I'm actually quite happy with where we are. I wanted the players cleared out and they have been. I'm not too arsed so far by the lack of signings. I'd happilly see some of the youngsters given a run. As for Knight he's a cunt but he's only on trial. Even if he behaves and scores a shitload I can't see us giving him a 3 year contract.
My glass is half full.

Well i am the opposite.
Yes the squad had to be trimmed,Douglas now gone has really fucked me off.....Wray has a lot to learn already,Two weeks ago we had a signing to get the fans imagination......Leon fucking Night really gets my imagination going.
Last week he tells us that he was almost certain that Douglas was staying....heres a tip,dont say nought until you know in future.
My glass is fucking empty tonight.
Barry Scott

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 18:13:27 »

Shame he went, but life goes on. I'm disappointed he's left, but at that same time not going to get overly annoyed about it and won't care in a few days.

Dougie is was a proper defensive midfielder, but Ferry is a more complete player and out of the 2 I'd be more disappointed at losing Fezza. I think Ferry can easily play the Dougie role if we need a deep lying central mid, so hopefully we don't miss him.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:05:08 »

[Grumpy Alert]

Bad Mood

For those that say good riddance, remember that thought for next season when our (non-tackling) central midfield pairing of Timlin & Ferry are being over-run.

I just hope that this kid Smith from York can add a bit of bite, because if he doesn't we could be in a bit of trouble.

I think too many people have forgotten what it was like before Douglas, when we were crying out for someone who would get stuck in.

As many have posted here, it's the fact that the club keep on with the "exciting signing imminent", "he's going to stay" shite when in reality they have fuck all agreement with these players.

[/Grumpy Alert]

Mind you, all will be forgiven if we smash the shit out of the Scum on Aug 21st   Cheesy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:10:46 »

Now the dust has settled and reality has kicked in if we are being honest we were just hoping that we would see players like douglas,jp and the others maybe return to the form of the previous seasons.

If we are being honest it was the form of the players who we let go last summer that probably allowed douglas to have a fantastic season and once they went we really saw a few of their true colours.

Lets remember alot of these players had all been released from elsewhere before we took them on yet no one came in for them last summer while our other players were wanted.

Fuck the lot of the cunts
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:29:31 »

Now the dust has settled and reality has kicked in if we are being honest we were just hoping that we would see players like douglas,jp and the others maybe return to the form of the previous seasons.

If we are being honest it was the form of the players who we let go last summer that probably allowed douglas to have a fantastic season and once they went we really saw a few of their true colours.

Lets remember alot of these players had all been released from elsewhere before we took them on yet no one came in for them last summer while our other players were wanted.

Fuck the lot of the cunts

Well i was hoping he would stay on account of the new chairman saying he was almost certain he would be DRS.
But the last line of your post makes a lot of sense in fairness.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:39:35 »

Maybe the new chairman was repeating what he'd heard from the player and his agent?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:45:16 »

Which just shows he is still naive benny.The board for all the good stuff they do need to realise the way they communicate through the press is the main outlet and that not all fans are understanding.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:50:13 »

The press conference that wasn't (Timlin signed) made them look a tad foolish.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:56:29 »

The press conference that wasn't (Timlin signed) made them look a tad foolish.

Spot on, if you don't have any actual news then say nothing.

Don't pander to the fans desire for info & announce random shit before the deals are done.

Wray has assured us that the squad will be complete before they go to Italy, but after the last couple of weeks does anyone actually believe him now?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:10:16 »

[Grumpy Alert]

Bad Mood

For those that say good riddance, remember that thought for next season when our (non-tackling) central midfield pairing of Timlin & Ferry are being over-run.

Ferry and Timlin will put in alot more tackles than Douglas and Prutton did last season.

Ferry and Timlin have more fight in them. Infact I'd go as far as to say they should have been our central midfield pairing of choice last season.
Doore

« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:11:56 »

Spot on, if you don't have any actual news then say nothing.

Don't pander to the fans desire for info & announce random shit before the deals are done.

Wray has assured us that the squad will be complete before they go to Italy, but after the last couple of weeks does anyone actually believe him now?

I don't know if anyone really believed him in the first place.  We all know, or should do by now, that deals fall through all the time, offers come in, and players become available at the last minute.  Having a "deadline" for the squad to be complete is never going to be completely adhered to.

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:16:23 »

Ferry and Timlin will put in alot more tackles than Douglas and Prutton did last season.

Ferry and Timlin have more fight in them. Infact I'd go as far as to say they should have been our central midfield pairing of choice last season.

Douglas deserved his place in the team. But your general opinion on him i agree with
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:16:28 »

i'd agree with your first point, but the second one i think is with too much hindsight. neither were earth shattering when they were given a go, mainly because we had (wilson decided) to play prutton and/or douglas in place of them

in theory it works well, but i think we need a steve lomas figure in there

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:20:09 »

Douglas deserved his place in the team. But your general opinion on him i agree with

Douglas was awful last season.

I think he deserved his place at the start of the season the back of the previous season but by December I thought Ferry and/or Timlin should have at least had more of a chance in a 'well they couldnt do any fucking worse' sort of way.

Did they both play away at Charlton?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:22:44 »

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about those going, Douglas would run riot in League 2. Last season's performance doesn't change that.

But would he... 2009-10 well playing team high flying he was fantastic, 2010-11 poorly playing team scrapping for results he was anonymous. I would have been concerned that in D4 he would not have been man enough!

But we will never know - if all the stuff coming out from the Adver that he wanted to stay, contract agreed with Agent etc is true then thats what upsets me - but life goes on, not a player whose career I will follow after this but hey ho.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: