Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40658 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:19:06 »

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about those going, Douglas would run riot in League 2. Last season's performance doesn't change that.
we all assumed he would do the same last season but failed on all levels. he obviously wanted to leave so it was out of the clubs hands

with pruts and douglas gone ferry can now step up
adje

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:19:09 »

Who's gonna get the goals from midfield now?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:19:51 »

Who's gonna get the goals from midfield now?
Ritchie
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:20:19 »

Dougie would have been a good asset in league two but if he doesn't want to play for us, then I don't want him here.

The squad is looking a bit thin but there is plenty of time for new players to be brought in, when do they go to Italy?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:22:16 »

Not saying we'll get a player of Dougie's quality, we wouldn't in L2 anyway, but if it gets two/three players that do a job...
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:25:06 »

We need a player that can do more than just a job though. If we want to get out of League Two we need players that are proven in higher leagues not run of the mill League 2 players 'that know the league'.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:27:06 »

Douglas was crap last season, along aside his 'mate' Prutton, so no great loss especially as captain, where his record was...crap.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:29:58 »

We need a player that can do more than just a job though. If we want to get out of League Two we need players that are proven in higher leagues not run of the mill League 2 players 'that know the league'.

And how do you know we won't get a midfielder proven in a higher league?

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:32:19 »

And how do you know we won't get a midfielder proven in a higher league?

I don't know, I'm hopeful but I just think it's unlikely.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:36:04 »

I don't know, I'm hopeful but I just think it's unlikely.

Well then, aren't you jumping the gun a bit?

I would have liked him to stay, but him going doesn't mean we can't still have the strongest midfield in the league.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:38:18 »

I'm not jumping the gun I'm just merely giving my opinion on whether or not the team is stronger with or without Douglas at this stage. How's that jumping the gun?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 16:49:25 »

I'm not jumping the gun I'm just merely giving my opinion on whether or not the team is stronger with or without Douglas at this stage. How's that jumping the gun?

Because you're acting as though he is irreplaceable and the money can't be used elsewhere. Let's just wait to see who comes in shall we?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 17:32:29 »

Really? Have a look at the squads that have won promotion out of league 2 over the years, don't think you'll find many players that were 'proven' in higher leagues.

League 2 squads are usually made up of league 2 players. We've already got a few players that have played at a higher level (Caddis, Ritchie, Timlin, Ferry) I don't think we need the whole team to be league 1/Championship quality.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 17:43:02 by herthab » Logged

It's All Good..............
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 17:37:49 »

League 2 squads are usually made up of league 2 players. We've already get a few players that have playedat a higher level (Caddis, Ritchie, Timlin, Ferry) I don't think we need the whole team to be league 1/Championship quality.

Most definitely this....

I seriously don't understand why everyone's so down about Dougs leaving, he's a good player, I would've loved him to stay, but we all knew that if any league 1 club came sniffing he'd go straight away, so surely its hardly a shock.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 18:04:03 »

Good fucking riddance. Frees up a decent wage. I'm nowhere near panic mode. in fact, I'm actually quite happy with where we are. I wanted the players cleared out and they have been. I'm not too arsed so far by the lack of signings. I'd happilly see some of the youngsters given a run. As for Knight he's a cunt but he's only on trial. Even if he behaves and scores a shitload I can't see us giving him a 3 year contract.
My glass is half full.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: