Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where to stand?  (Read 3330 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 19:46:43 »

To be fair I was pretty drunk that day and I called him a cunt...I'm 27 and I got a bollocking off my dad as he dragged me to sit down, the shame!!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 19:53:14 »

should have told them to stand up themselves and show some passion, fucking tourists really pissed me off that day
If anyone was in the bottom tier... slightly to the left of the goal.... That was me walking up and down the aisle trying to gee up the support... I was so fucking angry.... 10 minutes left... only need a goal and they're sat there in silence!!! Ah I'd repressed that memory for so long...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 20:12:58 »

i remember when the ball fell to that CUNT playing for Burnley, i pushed the bloke infront of me over as he was telling me to shut up all game... and i ran down the stairs of the bottom tier behind the goal getting ready for a spirited comeback and .......  Bad Mood

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 06:55:40 »

Oh dear this thread has brought back some not so pleasant memories. What a shite 2 hours that was from start to finish. Arguing with other Town fans at Wembley was not how I thought I'd spend the day.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 07:44:26 »

The pre-match singing in the pub that day was just about the best I've known.  Brilliant day up until about 2pm.  Sadly, it all went downhill from the moment we set foot inside the stadium.

I did notice that when Reading were there recently for their play off final, they did a good job of communicating designated singing areas to their fans.  Basically, if you're not going to sing - buy your tickets somewhere else.  I think it's a good idea that we would do well to copy next time.  (Not that it helped Reading this time, mind.)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 08:15:13 »

At least you get all like minded fans together. You can expect singing and standing in that area.

On standing I kind of have sympathy. I was asked to sit down by a mum with youngish children who were struggling to see (mine was too). But if I sat down I wouldn't see. And I wasn't waiting 20 years to see us at Wembley just to see someone's back when we got there.

An easy solution for next time - rigorously enforce seating in the non-singing areas. Be lapse in the singing areas. Everyone is happy.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 08:28:08 »

The pre-match singing in the pub that day was just about the best I've known.  Brilliant day up until about 2pm.  Sadly, it all went downhill from the moment we set foot inside the stadium.

I was in that Marquee at the Green Man before the game, was probably one of my best memories ever as a Swindon fan everyone together singing. Got to the ground at 230 and from that moment on the day turned into one of my worst memories as a Swindon fan.
Then almost wet myself on the coach home because it didn't have a toilet, got back to Swindon and went for one of the worst currys I have ever had in Gorse Hill.
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 17:07:36 »

Gorse Hill is the home of shit Swindon Takeaways.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 20:16:52 »

Someone said that to me at Wembley funnily enough.
Someone said that to Flash and he was ready to take them & their friends on.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: