Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grounds Visited  (Read 23392 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 23:16:40 »

May as well stick my full list down.

County Ground  Smiley
Bristol Rovers (Trumpton), Bristol City, Oxford (Manor), Southend, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Bolton (Burnden), Leeds, Brighton (Goldstone), Yeovil, Peterborough, Fulham, Southampton (both), Wembley (both), Millennium, San Siro and various non league.
REDBUCK

« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 00:49:54 »

Including our own, I've seen us play Bristol Rovers at 5 grounds.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 19:45:32 »

Including our own, I've seen us play Bristol Rovers at 5 grounds.

Haven't been to the Memorial Shed but have seen us play them at the other four.

Also seen us play Charlton at four different grounds
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 20:08:20 »

Also seen us play Charlton at four different grounds

Ooh this is a good one... I recall Selhurst, what were the other two?  I guess The Boleyn might be one
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 20:11:13 »

Ooh this is a good one... I recall Selhurst, what were the other two?  I guess The Boleyn might be one

Yeah, Palace & West Ham with the other two obviously being The Valley & The County Ground
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 20:33:15 »

What about grounds you’ve visited that no longer exist - for the older gents!

Filbert St, Victoria Ground, Maine Road, Highbury, Goldstone Ground, Leeds Rd, The Dell, Vetch Field, Boleyn Ground, Burnden Park, The Den, Boothferry Park, Roker Park, Springfield Park, Ninian Park, Baseball Ground, Elm Park, Plough Lane, Eastville, County Ground, The Valley, Manor Ground, Gay Meadow, Underhill, Layer Rd, Highfield Rd.

Jeez, that’s some list of clubs with new grounds. Not counting the likes of Chesterfield and York City.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 20:56:17 »

Yeah, Palace & West Ham with the other two obviously being The Valley & The County Ground

Oh right.... thought I may have missed one there.

STFC playing Prem giants Bormuff at Dorchester, another oddity.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 21:14:05 »

Filbert St, Victoria Ground, Maine Road, Highbury, Goldstone Ground, Leeds Rd, The Dell, Vetch Field, Boleyn Ground, Burnden Park, The Den, Boothferry Park, Roker Park, Springfield Park, Ninian Park, Baseball Ground, Elm Park, Plough Lane, Eastville, County Ground, The Valley, Manor Ground, Gay Meadow, Underhill, Layer Rd, Highfield Rd.

Jeez, that’s some list of clubs with new grounds. Not counting the likes of Chesterfield and York City.

You could have seen Town play Yeovil at the original Huish complete with slope in the Cup in 62. Town put The Glovers firmly in their place and a young Don Rogers starred. The present Huish Park a different ground with Park added.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 07:44:01 »

That's an impressive trip down Memory Lane, Audrey.  I'll do mine later but I'm guessing you may have missed one off your list -  Fellows Park?  You must have been there.  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:18:09 by Private Fraser » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:22:31 »

That's an impressive trip down Memory Lane, Audrey.  I'll do mine later but I'm guessing you may have missed one off your list -  Fellows Park?  Hmmm

Fellows Park.... only ground I've seen us lose 5-0 twice  Sad

I've never seen us score 5 at an away ground... a 6 and a surprising amount of 4's, but never a 5.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:24:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 08:58:35 »

I'm just over the 70 mark as well. Some of the odder ones not able to count have included:

Histon, Boreham Wood, Tooting and Mitcham, Carterton, Hungerford, Hampton and Richmond.

Saw us beat Rovers at Ashton Gate, and i'll throw Feethams into Audrey's list.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:03:03 »

Millmoor, although still standing apparently.
Next to a scrap yard and narrow alleyways.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:16:00 »

Fellows Park.... only ground I've seen us lose 5-0 twice  Sad

I've never seen us score 5 at an away ground... a 6 and a surprising amount of 4's, but never a 5.

Getting 5 away from home is a rare beast.  The only one I witnessed was the 5-2 win at the Hawthorns in 1994/5 when Peter Thorne got 3.  Apart from that, I think there's only been the 5 at Dartford last year in the FA Cup and then 5-2 at Stockport in 2002/3; 5-3 at Tranmere in 1968/9; and 5-1 at Mansfield in 1965/6.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:33:14 »

Getting 5 away from home is a rare beast.  The only one I witnessed was the 5-2 win at the Hawthorns in 1994/5 when Peter Thorne got 3.  Apart from that, I think there's only been the 5 at Dartford last year in the FA Cup and then 5-2 at Stockport in 2002/3; 5-3 at Tranmere in 1968/9; and 5-1 at Mansfield in 1965/6.

It is a rare beast... the WBA was on the box, so did see it second hand, but not quite the same.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:37:00 »

I am now on 75 current grounds watching Swindon and 86 in total as a neutral, did loads of the old grounds too.

As for high scoring away games, I have seen Swindon score a 7-0 at Kettering in the FA cup in 83, 6-0 at Torquay in the LC in 92, 5-2 at WBA in 92, Dartford 5-1 in the FA cup, 6-4 at Birmingham in the league in 93 and several 4-0 and 4-1 away wins in the cups and league at Bristol Rovers twice, Bristol C, Chesterfield, Plymouth twice, Stevenage and Watford.

I have seen Swindon score 4 goals away at Bristol Rovers 5 times in total.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 09:39:28 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: