Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grounds Visited  (Read 23704 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 07:10:09 »

Happy now?

Thankyou.(Although alphabetical order would have been nice) I think you might have assumed my comment was aimed at you though..
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 07:12:17 by nevillew » Logged

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 07:10:40 »

Is the topic not called "Grounds Visited"?  Anyway, I copied and pasted, I wasn't sitting there typing them all out, I've got work to do, allegedly!

Hmmmmmm....yes...but I think most people tend to automatically exclude parks and childrens' playgrounds (apart from Gary of course) Cool
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 07:37:25 »

I think you might have assumed my comment was aimed at you though..

Not at all

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 14:40:04 »

39 Smiley

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 15:21:51 »

81 plus 5 new ones to do this year for me. Getting close.

Ok i admit it i am a bit of an anorak.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 15:55:25 »

Played against him loads of times-a tough bastard.Had a younger brother who also played did he not?Not as good tho'

Hard as nails and crafty with the foul.  He played in goal once (V Langford) and this bloke ket elbowing him, eventually Sammy flew out like Superman to punch a ball clear, one fist for the ball and another in the mush for the Langford forward....dem were the days.

Salisbury and District quality is shit now!

Clems Army!
Dave

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:38:00 »

Stafford Rangers, Ebbsfleet United, Forest Green Rovers, Northwich Victoria, Tamworth, Woking, Salisbury, Histon, Barrow, Kettering.  Pint
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 17:17:12 »

A debate i always have with my Reading supporting mate.

Do we count based on current grounds or by club? The 92 club says current grounds but then most of them are anorak's.

I'm just a closet anorak.

I think the 92 club count the grounds but to me its the club. I have been t gay meadow so that's Shrewsbury ticked off!!!

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 17:46:08 »

I've been to 36. The breakdown by division is pretty depressing...

6 in Premier League
9 in Championship
9 in League One
12 in League Two
Dave

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 14:45:37 »

I have visited 50 of the 92, plus 14 of the current tier five 24. Thank you.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 14:49:58 »

I have visited 50 of the 92, plus 14 of the current tier five 24. Thank you.

What is your favourite and least favourite grounds?

What are your views on the Kassam stadium and the County Ground? (as non-biased as you like now please)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dave

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 15:35:55 »

What is your favourite and least favourite grounds?

What are your views on the Kassam stadium and the County Ground? (as non-biased as you like now please)

Difficult to say. I like old-fashioned grounds that generate a good atmosphere, like Upton Park. I dislike anywhere where the facilities are rubbish (like many BSP grounds) or where you fear for your very well-being (like Millwall).

In terms of Oxford and Swindon, the official line, obviously, is that the County Ground is a skip good only for demolition, whereas the Kassam is a modern stadium with all necessary facilities. As it happens I think the CG at least has "character", something the Kassam is devoid of, along with decent acoustics and food that doesn't taste like cardboard.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 15:42:58 »

Difficult to say. I like old-fashioned grounds that generate a good atmosphere, like Upton Park. I dislike anywhere where the facilities are rubbish (like many BSP grounds) or where you fear for your very well-being (like Millwall).

In terms of Oxford and Swindon, the official line, obviously, is that the County Ground is a skip good only for demolition, whereas the Kassam is a modern stadium with all necessary facilities. As it happens I think the CG at least has "character", something the Kassam is devoid of, along with decent acoustics and food that doesn't taste like cardboard.

Would you have the Manor back given the chance? I assume yes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Dave

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 15:46:39 »

Would you have the Manor back given the chance? I assume yes.

Realistically, no. I loved the Manor and it holds LOADS of memories, but it was a sh*thole. The loos were inadequate and you could rarely get served food or drink at half-time. Some great days there, but we really had to move on. I just wish we'd moved somewhere with a bit of personality. (If an inanimate object can have personality).
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 15:53:42 »

Realistically, no. I loved the Manor and it holds LOADS of memories, but it was a sh*thole. The loos were inadequate and you could rarely get served food or drink at half-time. Some great days there, but we really had to move on. I just wish we'd moved somewhere with a bit of personality. (If an inanimate object can have personality).

Sadly there aren't many new grounds that have that. Perhaps the Reebok and the Galpharm are 2 which managed it but they are a bit 'older'. I hope if we move to a new stadium it might be a little different.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: