Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grounds Visited  (Read 23766 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:10:16 »

You're not really supposed to be able to achieve it, thats partly the point. Helps keep football interesting.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:42:49 by Spencer_White » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:25:48 »

Actual, current football league grounds - 72.

Overall total including those which are now a Toys r Us, Cineworld, waste ground or teams which have dropped out of the league - 107.

That also (Gary) does not include the likes of Devizes, Melksham, Fairford Town etc, or Scottish and other European grounds, or kids' adventure play grounds Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:27:48 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:30:19 »

72, is that including Brighton?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:32:07 »

72, is that including Brighton?

Nope, I've knocked that off the 'current' list. It's now part of the 107 along with the Goldstone Ground.
Spencer_White

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 19:34:39 »

Nope, I've knocked that off the 'current' list. It's now part of the 107 along with the Goldstone Ground.

Damn. Knocking people down on the 92 is one of my favourite games.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 20:26:10 »

Damn. Knocking people down on the 92 is one of my favourite games.

I gave up on the 92 long ago. What with automatic promotion and relegation from and to the Conference and new grounds springing up all over the place.

I do have a rather more modest ambition now of doing all the Scottish grounds. I've done about 7 so far and there's only about 30 in total. So one say, who knows? Maybe, just maybe. Live the dream Cool
Spencer_White

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 20:37:07 »

I want to do Pittodrie before they move. Shame their attendances have collapsed so badly in recent years, doubt it would be much of a spectacle even if I did make it. They had so many big games and big crowds at that ground in the 1980s.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 21:10:30 »

Pittodrie's one of my favourite grounds. Four stands all built in different eras of the club's history. None of this modern identikit, don't know where the fuck you are rubbish. When you're at Pittodrie you know it. There is no mistaking it for anywhere else. The stand below (I think they call it the Richard Donald Stand) is absolutely fucking huge and dwarfs the rest of the ground. It looks like its a similar sort of height as the old Kippax Stand at Maine Road (which was about the height of a 6 story building) The crowds aren't so good these days but it's worth a visit though, as is Aberdeen itself (only problem is, it's full of Jocks Roll Eyes)

You can see they do their best to get a bit of an atmosphere there...

[url width=900 height=675]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r467/bentley46/Picture058.jpg[/url]
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, June 12, 2011, 22:23:56 »

Youre only 16? I thought you were a lot older as you speak some sense!

Ha! I thought you all knew, although I'm quite happy to take the compliment  Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 12:22:42 »

League grounds Gary, not pub league pitches.

Fuck me, I've been to Martock Town FC and Shaftesbury Town, but I don't include them!

You have never been to Stockton and Codford FC....FACT!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 12:23:53 »

Done nearly 80, however, i count the club rather than the ground.

Clems Army!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 13:17:56 »

For me its all about the 92 current league grounds.  Knocking Brighton, Stockport & Lincoln off my list now means I’ve done 62.

The majority of ones I haven’t done are up north which is a bit of a pisser.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 15:39:36 »

Pittodrie's one of my favourite grounds. Four stands all built in different eras of the club's history. None of this modern identikit, don't know where the fuck you are rubbish. When you're at Pittodrie you know it. There is no mistaking it for anywhere else. The stand below (I think they call it the Richard Donald Stand) is absolutely fucking huge and dwarfs the rest of the ground. It looks like its a similar sort of height as the old Kippax Stand at Maine Road (which was about the height of a 6 story building) The crowds aren't so good these days but it's worth a visit though, as is Aberdeen itself (only problem is, it's full of Jocks Roll Eyes)

You can see they do their best to get a bit of an atmosphere there...

[url width=900 height=675]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r467/bentley46/Picture058.jpg[/url]

I was stood at the back of that stand when Aberdeen played Hertha Berlin in the UEFA Cup (I think it was). Atmosphere was electric.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 20:14:36 »

66 at last count, based on current grounds, would be a bit higher including the old'uns

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 13, 2011, 20:21:16 »

Only 19. I'm not that bothered about away games tbh, too much hassle and expense

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: