Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grounds Visited  (Read 23391 times)
Doore

« Reply #105 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 18:52:52 »

Sadly there aren't many new grounds that have that. Perhaps the Reebok and the Galpharm are 2 which managed it but they are a bit 'older'. I hope if we move to a new stadium it might be a little different.

I think the Stadium of Light (Sunderland, not the real one) has a something about it.  And for some reason I like Sixfields.
Dave

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 19:12:48 »

From what I've seen of the design, Brighton's new stadium could well break the mould of identikit tedium in football stadia.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 10:57:15 »

:7 year Bump:

Got a couple coming up soon I've not been to, Exeter and FGR (athough I did see us there in a pre-season friendly in the early 2000's I think).

Started going through the current 92.

I have now seen us play at 79 of the other 91 current 92, of those 79 I think there are 9 new grounds I am yet to go to, including Spurs.

The 12 I've not been to at all are:

Chelsea
Newcastle
Southampton
Cardiff
Derby
Swansea
Fleetwood
Rochdale
Exeter
FGR
Mansfield
Morecombe

Unfortunately I'll be in Spain for Morecombe away and will be back in France for Mansfield away.

There are around a dozen now in non-league I've been too also.

Going to be difficult to tick half of those non-visited grounds off any time soon.

This is despite living abroad for 6 months of the year for the last 13 years, despite it's limitations iFollow has been a godsend...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 10:59:26 »

I haven't been to many but on your list I've been to Stamford Bridge about 20 times, including before it was developed. Been to Southampton, old and new.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 11:06:51 »

The season Southampton were down with us in L1 I was working in Mallorca for the summer, the Prem game was midweek, too far to go on a school night according to dad.

Can't remember why we didn't go to Stamford Bridge.

Upon checking to see when that was I came across this:

Sid NELSON became the 997th player to represent the Town in a League (not including playoff matches) match, when he made his debut in this competition against Crawley Town.

(swindon-town-fc.co.uk)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, August 24, 2018, 11:36:03 »

I left work early and drove down on my own, sat behind Charlie Austin's family/friends, then he scored that goal  Clap
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 07:14:13 »

Got me thinking where I have watched the town.

Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter, Bournemouth, Soton (old), Pompey, Swansea (new), Yeovil, Bristol C., Gas (old), Scum (old), Reading (old), Wycombe, Aldershot, Arsenal (old), Brentford, Fulham, Wembley, Spurs, Crippled Alice, Barnet, Hendon, Watford, Southend, Ipswich, Hereford, Shrewsbury, WBA, Wolves, Wrexham, Chester, Posh, Boston, Macclesfield, Tranmere, Man C (old), Carlisle, Rochdale, Newcastle, Hartlepool, Mansfield, Barnsley, Sheffield U. Some of these are no longer in the EFL of course but when visited they were. Not a bad little collection all told.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 07:20:24 »

My grounds record is woeful.

I've been to Plymouth, Exeter, (Torquay), Carlisle, (Hartlepool), Newcastle, (Gateshead), Sunderland, Middlesbrough due to where I was living at the time but very little in between!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 25, 2018, 07:38:36 by Costanza » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 16:32:12 »

Blimey,    have just worked out how many grounds I have seen Swindon play on.   Current league grounds have watched us play on 71 of them + 6 other grounds of clubs that are now non league.     The silly thing is 8 clubs that I have yet to visit are in our division,  suppose I should make the effort because once we 'storm' this division the chance may be gone for many years !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 17:11:23 »

That's the spirit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 17:25:16 »

Blimey,    have just worked out how many grounds I have seen Swindon play on.   Current league grounds have watched us play on 71 of them + 6 other grounds of clubs that are now non league.     The silly thing is 8 clubs that I have yet to visit are in our division,  suppose I should make the effort because once we 'storm' this division the chance may be gone for many years !!.

Whilst channel hopping yesterday, I alighted on highlights of Maidenhead v Maidstone.... noticed Shamir Mullings was playing for Maidstone, so watched a bit to see what we were missing from the summer trialist. 

Answer not a lot apart from a big lad up top, of which we still need one. However, I did like the atmosphere..... small compact ground, with some nearby housing, but plenty of trees and a busy railway.... I'm assuming it was Brunel's God's Wonderful, but never recall seeing the ground from a train. 

Whilst not wanting STFC in the Conference.... I reckon dedicating a bit of time to seeking out non league grounds could be decent fun....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 17:55:51 »

I've been to Maidstone's ground. It's quite a nice set-up.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 18:14:55 »

Just totted mine up and i have seen the Town play at 60 different grounds of which 6 are no longer in the league.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 19:38:25 »

Whilst channel hopping yesterday, I alighted on highlights of Maidenhead v Maidstone.... noticed Shamir Mullings was playing for Maidstone, so watched a bit to see what we were missing from the summer trialist. 

Answer not a lot apart from a big lad up top, of which we still need one. However, I did like the atmosphere..... small compact ground, with some nearby housing, but plenty of trees and a busy railway.... I'm assuming it was Brunel's God's Wonderful, but never recall seeing the ground from a train. 

Whilst not wanting STFC in the Conference.... I reckon dedicating a bit of time to seeking out non league grounds could be decent fun....

I think you go past maidenheads ground on the train to London. Oldest continually used ground in the world

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, August 27, 2018, 20:16:13 »

I think you go past maidenheads ground on the train to London. Oldest continually used ground in the world

Interesting, it used to be the Drill Field, Northwich, but that ended up under a housing estate a few years back now.

The CG, from 1896 has to be one of the older FL grounds continually used, apart from a stint as a PoW camp, but not a lot could be done about that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: