Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Ritchie...  (Read 8252 times)
DiscoDazR

http://twitter.com/DiscoDazR

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 08:41:03 »

Was in the gym I go to this morning (David Lloyd, Port Solent, Portsmouth) in full Swindon training kit being beasted by a personal trainer.

He was in there at 7am every week day with Joel Ward (Pompey) throughout last summer and looks like he's back at it again this season.

Top lad, top commitment when most of our players have gone off on their hols, and nice to have another person in Swindon training tops in a Pompey gym nowadays! Strength in numbers!

Clap

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 10:33:33 »

Love it  Yes Clap

nochee

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 17:05:07 »

Can we sponsor him this coming season?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 17:46:45 »

Depends if I can be arsed to arrange it again.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 19:20:14 »

wonderful talent and one of the few shining lights in a truly awful season. Do think he maybe too lightweight for league 2 though as midfield in particular will be very physical

Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 19:30:04 »

wonderful talent and one of the few shining lights in a truly awful season. Do think he maybe too lightweight for league 2 though as midfield in particular will be very physical

he played there on loan before he came to is not sure who for notts county i think and scored a fair few goals.  well i think it was him.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 19:48:27 »

he played there on loan before he came to is not sure who for notts county i think and scored a fair few goals.  well i think it was him.
This is true
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 20:11:13 »

they might be able to toy with Man Ure but I couldn't see Iniesta, Xabi and Messi making an impression on a wet night in Accrington, eh?
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 3, 2011, 20:39:30 »

Love the lad. Guts, guile and spirit. Will be a major asset for us next year.

"Great save, Digby."
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 3, 2011, 20:47:13 »

consummate professional - with custard
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 12:04:52 »

Very impressed with him yesterday.  Although not one of his most sparkling games, he put the effort it all through the game and during the first half, when many others were underperforming he was certainly our best offensive player and helped cover some of the other midfielders errors too.
I was also very pleased that I can't remember him spending any time sprawled on the ground as was his habit last season; perhaps the strength work he was reported as doing over the summer has toughened him up.
I'm looking forward to good things from MR this season.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 12:08:51 »

Very impressed with him yesterday.  Although not one of his most sparkling games, he put the effort it all through the game and during the first half, when many others were underperforming he was certainly our best offensive player and helped cover some of the other midfielders errors too.
I was also very pleased that I can't remember him spending any time sprawled on the ground as was his habit last season; perhaps the strength work he was reported as doing over the summer has toughened him up.

Agreed played well yesterday, but like you said not one of his best games. Probably due to the fact most of the game he was double marked.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 13:01:29 »

Did anyone else notice the interesting interchange with Caddis towards the end? He made a fantastic change of direction in his run and Caddis was ready with the pass. Great bit of play.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 13:10:29 »

Certainly wouldn't complain about his work ethic, fantastic.  Missed a good chance at the far post, although I am not too sure where he would be in a list of players with heading prowess.  I feel he is better suited to the left than the right, always going to cut inside from the right onto his left foot making marking him that much easier.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 16:18:33 »

almost the complete player- loved it when he left a Crewe player hobbling after a robust 50:50 cahllenge
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: