Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 18686 times)
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:41:38 »

Again, what were the board supposed to do?

They tried making links with other clubs, set up a scouting network and made funds available for transfers and wages.

What else could they possibly do?

They could have kept the players we already had that were doing a good job. 

Fair play, they've made decent money available by league one standards, I dont think anybody is denying that but spending money on players is not an exact science especially in the middle of the season.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:45:17 »

Actually. Rather a lot of people continue to deny that money was made available.

And how on earth do you really expect they were to keep hold of Austin? They clearly tried but the petulant little sod threw his toys out of the pram.

Even Man Utd can't always hold onto their players FFS.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:52:08 »

If I could, I'd fit a number of people with shock collars. Whenever they say the board weren't willing to spend money, I'd zap the cunts.

The problem is that somebody says it and a load of others start agreeing with them when it just isn't fucking true.

Does my nut in, as you may have noticed.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:52:39 »

fitton knows he fucked up and stepped aside.wilson won't say shit as he got a golden handshake.
both made errors of judgment which in hindsight they shouldn't have.
old news,we move on.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 15:22:07 »

You know what I don't even want to get involved in this argument, but what golden handshake did Wilson get.  He didn't did he?

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 15:35:31 »

We didnt spend enough money and we clearly didnt spend it on the type of players we actually needed.

We signed a non league defender who we sent back to non league. A defender who was already out for the season. A player who couldnt get a look in last season and a midget striker.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:23:40 »

Bangkok and Co,we cleared three million for two good strikers,a third of that money on one striker ie Lambert would have meant lge 1 survival and who knows possibly better.
Stop bleating on about money being made available...........the right amount wasn't and we paid the price.
Lets not forget that even a million invested in one or two good strikers still gave us a profit on two strikers of two million,not even including the Greer/Morrison deals.
Yes we forked out on wages but then all clubs have to do that,the fact remains that we coined in good money for two good strikers and didn,t replace them.
As with past boards they kept fucking about and a last day panic deal was the outcome which was a disaster.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:35:37 »

Jesus fucking Christ.

Leefer. Wilson had AT LEAST 300k to spend but he didn't even manage that, he couldn't. He didn't have players lined up and the ones he did didn't want to come.

What makes you think a player like Lambert would want to come to a struggling league 2 team? We could have had 5 million to spend, doesn't mean the players will come to a struggling league 2 team FFS.

And investing a million in one or two strikers?Huh?Huh? WTF, think about what you are saying.

What million quid striker would come to a struggling League 2 team? They just wouldn't. This is Swindon FFS. We only spent 1/2 million on Fjortoft for crying out loud. We have NEVER paid 1 million (or the equivalent) for a single player throughout our entire history yet you expect it to happen when we are struggling in the third tier.

Have a word.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:41:13 »

Oh come on. Its absolutely futile comparing transfer fees in 93 to transfer fees in 2011.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:42:17 »

As with past boards they kept fucking about and a last day panic deal was the outcome which was a disaster.

And this again Leefer

What else could they do? They set up a scouting network, build ties with other clubs and make money for transfers and wages available.

What more could the board possibly do?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:45:08 »

Jesus fucking Christ.

Leefer. Wilson had AT LEAST 300k to spend but he didn't even manage that, he couldn't. He didn't have players lined up and the ones he did didn't want to come.

What makes you think a player like Lambert would want to come to a struggling league 2 team? We could have had 5 million to spend, doesn't mean the players will come to a struggling league 2 team FFS.

And investing a million in one or two strikers?Huh?Huh? WTF, think about what you are saying.

What million quid striker would come to a struggling League 2 team? They just wouldn't. This is Swindon FFS. We only spent 1/2 million on Fjortoft for crying out loud. We have NEVER paid 1 million (or the equivalent) for a single player throughout our entire history yet you expect it to happen when we are struggling in the third tier.

Have a word.

300k is fuck all...gets you a non lge player these days if you are lucky.
Not going to argue bud...............we could have got Lambert before we were struggling before Saints got him.

We were only a struggling lge 1 team actually so get facts straight before getting in a tiz.....and less than a year ago we were not a struggling team we were one match away from Championship footy and everyone at Wembley that day knew Paynter was gone and so was Austin.......the board should have acted then and didn't,and we paid the price.
The board have done a fine job off the pitch........on the pitch it has become a fucking disaster and Fitton himself recognises this by resigning,so why dont you?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:46:43 »

I'm fucking astonished that people say the board are being tight, I really am.
Oh come on. Its absolutely futile comparing transfer fees in 93 to transfer fees in 2011.

http://safalra.com/other/historical-uk-inflation-price-conversion/

Today's equivalent...... 750k (for Fjortoft)

When we would be playing in the PM. And some people expect us to pay more than that now when we are/were in the 3rd tier.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:56:47 »

300k is fuck all...gets you a non lge player these days if you are lucky.

This is where the problem is Lee.

You are massively underestimating how much money that is and how much some clubs need that kind of money. There are Championship clubs that could use that kind of money, that's assuming Championship striker would be willing to drop a league.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 19:17:42 »

Cox was replaced by Austin who was on Fitton's radar for ages. Other money was spent on other players...the wrong ones. We didn't have a plan for when Greer or Austin left and that was the problem.

We weren't shit solely because the board didn't spend more money.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 19:39:00 by Si Pie » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #119 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 19:21:18 »

If I could, I'd fit a number of people with shock collars. Whenever they say the board weren't willing to spend money, I'd zap the cunts.

The problem is that somebody says it and a load of others start agreeing with them when it just isn't fucking true.

Does my nut in, as you may have noticed.
As a few have said i don't doubt they spent money and i don't doubt they would of spent more.The problem imo was reluctance to spend good money on a experienced centre half.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: