Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 69er - Season 2011 2012  (Read 3566 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:50:06 »

Would be interested in contributing if this was to happen, the last issue was very amusing even if I'm probably too young to appreciate most of the jokes.

Not sure if it would be easier done online for those involved in running it though?
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 09:58:16 »

I can contribute something dull, probably serious and bland if you need space fillers for the cartoons and good gags.

crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 12:22:40 »

Not sure if it would be easier done online for those involved in running it though?

Seriously, it's not that much trouble in print, most work is running about chasing people for contributions.  Though I know the editing took a while last time and that would apply either way.   I probably wouldn't do it online.

And if you're too young to remember some of the old jokes, that's ok, there were plenty of new jokers around the CG last season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 13:11:52 »

Doing it online kind of misses the point of doing it at all IMHO. Its a nostalgia thing I guess.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 13:42:43 »

agreed. it needs to be printed and around the pubs of swindon on a match day for a giggle, online is a bit pointless.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 14:22:56 »

I might start up an online one......and....start up a new forum.

Cunt free...

Does that mean i would have to ban myself??!!

Clems Army!
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 16:46:46 »

yes!
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 20:02:20 »

Doing it online kind of misses the point of doing it at all IMHO. Its a nostalgia thing I guess.

Yep, couldn't deal with the constant stream of it.  Paper copy 69er to keep and this forum for the ephemeral is enough for me. 
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 15:28:48 »

The outstanding memory fir me has to be PC Wank.... The oufc supporting copper
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 16:21:25 »

Delighted it's coming back.  The internet is meant to have killed the fanzine, but you can't get around the fact that you can't buy an internet to read on matchdays and read at half time and take home with you afterwards and have funny cartoons in and stuff.  I think there's a little more than nostalgia to it.  When you get a few younger contributors who can't even remember a world without the internet, you'll know the idea really has legs.

I have a back catalogue of 69ers stashed away with my old match programmes.  The articles that stand out in my mind are the spoof interview with Shaun Taylor 'at home' with his wife Letitia and children Tristan and Isabella (who liked horseriding and ballet), and a write up of a pre-season tour or Tenerife or somewhere where Fjortoft delivered the line 'Fjording hell, it's hot out here!', which I remember possibly being the funniest thing I had read that year.  (Maybe you had to be there.)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 18:06:48 »

Good mag and my last(one off special) one has pride of place amongst all my other programs.

Keep it reasonably priced and it would sell like hot cakes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: