Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arsing bloody screen gone again!  (Read 2648 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:46:02 »

Chaps, the screen on my acer laptop has gone for the second time in a year.  Im a bit pissed orf.

Any advice on cheapest / best places to get it repaired.  Am I imagining it or did someone suggest getting one from ebay is better?

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:49:23 »

You sure it's the screen? Could be the inverter.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:51:55 »

No Idea.  Flickering, then goes dark.  You can still see that the info is on there but isnt backlit.  Im using an external screen at the mo.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:51:57 »

Would you not be better off cutting your losses, doing a spares or repair sale on your current lappie on fleabay and purchasing one of the more reliable brands

http://smidgenpc.com/2010/05/07/laptop-reliability-ratings-which-laptop-is-really-most-reliable/

Alternatively if you want to keep it, then yes, fleabay is the best place to get a replacement screen
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:53:06 »

No Idea.  Flickering, then goes dark.  You can still see that the info is on there but isnt backlit.  Im using an external screen at the mo.

Definitely sounds like the inverter.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:53:09 »

If the screen had gone then you'd get nothing, sounds like the inverter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:57:56 »

It is either the invertor(£15-20 on Ebay and a 15 minute fix) or its the graphics chip on the mobo (pretty much unfixable)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 19:00:23 »

Cheers All.  The same happened last yea rand it was repaired so Id presume the inverter would have been replaced then.  Ill look into getting something from ebay.

Cheers

stfcinbmth

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 19:04:32 »

Double check the memory is also seated correctly, and if you have more than one module, remove one to test the other and vice versa
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:33:01 »

Chaps, the screen on my acer laptop has gone for the second time in a year.  Im a bit pissed orf.

Any advice on cheapest / best places to get it repaired.  Am I imagining it or did someone suggest getting one from ebay is better?

Got the same laptop and the same problem but not being a geek the rest seems like gibberish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: