Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New phone  (Read 8224 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:00:24 »

Do Androids phones have some sort of iTunes equivalent for syncing? How do you stick music on it?

The iPhone's 16GB built-in memory is far better than most Android phones as well, although is there a limit on how much you can upgrade it to?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:09:44 »

You can manage music pretty much however you want. You can drag and drop or you can use something like Media Monkey.

I believe Android can currently handle up to a 32GB SD card.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:10:21 »

I have a blackberry Bold 9700

Which is perfect for what I need, Facebook, Twitter and pictures.

Although app wise it's lacking, I have an iPod touch which I use for music and general app stuff as it has a much larger memory than the iPhone (64gb)

Sussex

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:21:11 »

I had an iPhone up until last year and changed to a Desire. When the contract is up I will go back to an iPhone.

Winner. Hands down for me.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:30:07 »

My desire has declined even further... yesterday it went through a self rebooting cycle 22 times in half an hour. Needless to say, I still can't recommend it. Still regretting not buying an iPhone 4.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:37:51 »

I ditched my iPhone 3G for a Desire and absolutely love it. I thought I'd struggle without iTunes, but honestly I'm much better off without it.

You say the music player on the Desire is not as good as the iPhone, but I actually find it much better.

I can see your point Samdy, not saying its a bad phone, in fact when i first saw it I was very impressed as it seemed much more modern and stylish than my existing 3gs. I loved it at first but very quickly i began to miss the iPhone, mainly for me was that i was struggling with the mp3 player although i accept that could just be me! A lot of smartphones out there now which i'm sure are all good, but for me iPhone ticks all the right boxes for me.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:41:54 »

My desire has declined even further... yesterday it went through a self rebooting cycle 22 times in half an hour. Needless to say, I still can't recommend it. Still regretting not buying an iPhone 4.

This is the one thing that really puts me off HTC. I know a lot of people who have Desires of Desire HDs and they all seem to send them back to HTC for repair at some point. Even if the service from HTC is good why should I have to send it to them in the first place? It is off putting and it's a bit annoying because the Sense UI is apparently a lot better than what the other Android manufacturers can muster.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 15:48:12 »

For me the iPhone really comes in to its own when you buy in to the whole Apple eco-system. I've got a complete set; iPhone 4, iPad, MacBook Pro, Apple TV and the way they all work so seamlessly together makes them well worth the extra cost.

All my contacts, calendar and email is synced flawlessly across them all with just a couple of clicks. Syncing and playing any of my media is just a click or two away. Couple of clicks to set up tethering on my iPhone for the iPad and MacBook. Switching to the iPhone 4 was a case of syncing my iPhone 3, then syncing the iPhone 4 and a couple of clicks. And the list goes on.

I work in IT and the last thing I want is to have to fuck about at home to get my shit together. No one comes close to Apple in ease of use and integration between different devices.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:46:10 »

Send it off to HTC!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: