Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town football supporters must be.....  (Read 18703 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:09:09 »

Yes people have disappeared and yes some don't agree, but show some class and respect what they have done, even if you don't agree. It comes across as smug and childish to be able to gloat and put people down in this way, especially as they're not here to defend themselves. It's behaviour like this that I hoped was beneath us.

I agree completely.

Calling other people's morals into question is not a low that I ever thought the TEF would stoop too.
Wiggler

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:15:40 »

some people place their moral beliefs higher than their support for stfc. i think that is honourable.

yeah but why resign from the internet? this site is nothing to do with STFC
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:17:09 »

People have strong views about a multitude of different things and I'm not going to slag off those that can't align themselves to the new management as that is their choice.

If we had hired Rix I would have been in 2 minds about going to games!

I don't agree with their decision to withdraw their support, but I do respect it. All of the big mouths on here slagging people off for sticking to their principles aren't achieving anything bar making themselves look like wankers.

Totally correct.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:20:06 »

yeah but why resign from the internet? this site is nothing to do with STFC

says he with a STFC badge in his avatar
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:25:35 »

Makes me wish I had some morals!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:28:03 »

Charlotte.....that is such a very bad thing to say on here!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:30:08 »

Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:30:26 »

It's admirable to boycott the club if you feel that passionately. There are some people on here who are enjoying this because it's winding others up. That's not cool.

I am anti-fascist but I'm not overly concerned with his political idealogly because....

1. I have known many people whose political views I have disagreed with if every day life, some family/some friends. At no point have I ever believed that they are a risk to society or my reputation because of their opinions Smiley

2. I believe that Di Canio won't flaunt his political views on the basis that he has never done this in England (high profile anyway).

3. Appointing Di Canio doesn't make the club or the fans fascist sympathisers.

Ultimately, I am a Swindon Town fan. I have supported Swindon Town through bigger problem figures than this.
Wiggler

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:31:57 »

says he with a STFC badge in his avatar

you've got a cartoon cat in your avatar? whats your point?

This site doesn't represent STFC does it. How is stopping logging in to this site in any way a show of protest against something Swindon Town Football Club have done?

It's attention seeking nothing more  Doh
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:34:41 »

this site is nothing to do with STFC

I've been grossly misinformed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:35:17 »

Cheesy

JFW, the gift that keeps on giving.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 09:41:18 »

I certainly think this is a case of putting the football first and is a statement of intent from the board that we will have a 100% will to win next season.

Our supporters were limp wristed last season and it hurt.

If we need someone like Di Canio to get us going then so be it.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 10:01:46 »

I think the Town End is a great place to get it off your chest...wow that has certainly been the case with Di Canio. One of the many reasons I support Swindon is they have over the years being prepared to try something a bit different, with that you get success and failure. Whoever had been chosen would have upset some fans..I am not particularly happy about the new manager BUT I want my team to play football that entertains me with more wins than losses...

Ever one has there views and there no better place than on here to express them...if some want to go elsewhere then that`s up to them and not for the rest of  us to judge their decision to do so, surely...!!

Once we hear Di Canio plans the focus will go off his actual appointment and we can get excited about what`s to come. And if he fucks it up, we can moan like fuck and Wray will employ Trollope and that will piss another load of fans off. Or Di Canio does a Wise and we win the first 15 games and we forgive him for everything.

Football after all is only a matter of life and death...

Bathtime
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 10:24:01 »

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but here's an article from The Adver. It's actually quite well written:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9040930.Controversial_Di_Canio_set_to_take_charge_at_Town/?ref=twt
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 10:34:56 »

you've got a cartoon cat in your avatar? whats your point?

This site doesn't represent STFC does it. How is stopping logging in to this site in any way a show of protest against something Swindon Town Football Club have done?

It's attention seeking nothing more  Doh

He has a cartoon cat that was drawn by one of the people who have left - who was a friend. Yes, this is only an internet forum and there will always be the next keyboard warrior like yourself who likes to try to stir the pot a bit for a reaction, but don't be surprised if more than a few people just think you are a bit of a wanker.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: