Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 374399 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 17:50:35 »

While you are there Bazza, I still can't tapatalk post into any thread I've started. Fine on others.
Amir

« Reply #601 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 20:58:09 »

Anyone who wants more football/STFC discussion should maybe start a few debates! Confucius he say, 'Better to light a small candle, than to rage against the darkness'.

In my opinion the more bollocks there is, the more people there are around to discuss STFC when something happens. We all have varying degrees of enthusiasm but we all came here for the same reason, at least initially. Anything is better than a hundred posts saying, 'We all Blackburn tonight?' or 'Morecambe away, 23 Jan :heart:' Be careful what you wish for!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 21:29:58 by Amir » Logged
china red

« Reply #602 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 21:23:22 »

I come here for the football and the 80% bollocks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 21:33:54 »

Anyone who wants more football/STFC discussion should maybe start a few debates! Confucius he say, 'Better to light a small candle, than to rage against the darkness'.

In my opinion the more bollocks there is, the more people there are around to discuss STFC when something happens. We all have varying degrees of enthusiasm but we all came here for the same reason, at least initially. Anything is better than a hundred posts saying, 'We all Blackburn tonight?' or 'Morecambe away, 23 Jan :heart:' Be careful what you wish for!

...and wasn't it good old Dylan Thomas that wrote  'Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...'  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 23:27:25 »

Keep the bollocks, lock all of the football related shite.  Wink

Speaking of disappearing members, the return of the gruff & gritty realism of Sutton Red would be welcome.
Darlo has been missing for a while as a well.

Hope they are keeping well anyway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Friday, March 30, 2018, 07:31:14 »

I like reading this forum at least it is used by people with an IQ. The Facebook page is full of negative twats and as for that Christian prick - No comment. Oh and I'm proud like Reg of being a very old cunt.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 15:06:06 »

Freddy - out of interest what age bracket are you in?

For me I’m definitely in the 4D and OST camp, I’m approaching 40 and I’m at the stage where football for me doesn’t really matter anymore. Of course I will want Swindon to win and will read the match day threads etc but if we lose, yes it’s frustrating, but that frustration soon fades after Saturday 5pm.

I think as the forum gets older, so does the contributors and I like coming on here and reading about ‘normal things’ with ‘normal people’. (I.e the non football threads)

Personally I think there is a good mix of both but football wise, is there a lot to talk about? It’s all pretty shit overall isn’t it!
Sorry Bob, been meaning to reply to this. I'm 32. The moment football stops mattering to would be the moment I would no longer frequent this forum. I've got little interest in discussing anything non-STFC related with people who also happen to be STFC fans (although I have commented on the odd non football related thread). I'll do that with my friends/family/work colleagues etc. Basically in a real life situation as opposed to a virtual one. If I didn't live in Wales I would probably spend hardly anytime on here at all but I do enjoy the football threads, especially the STFC related ones & I particularly enjoy reading peoples predictions/synopsis of the games.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 16:07:41 »

Keep the bollocks, lock all of the football related shite.  Wink

Speaking of disappearing members, the return of the gruff & gritty realism of Sutton Red would be welcome.
Darlo has been missing for a while as a well.

Hope they are keeping well anyway.

Thanks mate, appreciated, I've been very well... I've had a lot of changes in my life (for the good) over the last year or so.

I will add, though, I stopped posting for a long time as I became fed up with a lot of what I was reading on here so I had to log out and have some time away.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Saturday, March 31, 2018, 19:12:12 »

Freddy - out of interest what age bracket are you in?

For me I’m definitely in the 4D and OST camp, I’m approaching 40.

Thanks  Smiley I'll be 50 in a couple of years
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 16:45:54 »

The reason i don't post so much now is that everything in my life has changed. I have had grand kids, a new relationship and steady falling out of love with the football, now it more about meeting the lads for a few drinks than the football, the football is just a break in the drinking.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #610 on: Sunday, April 1, 2018, 22:48:52 »

Where is leefer nowadays. Used to enjoy his posts.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 02:51:10 »

I miss onion jimbo

/
W56196272
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:22:44 »

I miss yeovil red
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #613 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:34:54 »

I miss TCP82 for his knowledable insights on the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:39:22 »

Where's Chang?

edit: panic over, he posted March 1st. Our pre-season player anti-tips are safe!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: