Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 374203 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #585 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:56:56 »

I'd give it more than one week.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #586 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:57:46 »

I might forget completely tbf
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #587 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:05:02 »

Twitter is mostly to blame for lack of posts I think. Reckon ditching the trivial threads may help. Nothing to lose by trying is there? I personally don't like the you're alright/cunt vote thing. Nobody's comment is more important than anyone else's in my opinion.
Not sure about Twitter being the cause of lack of posts (it may well be) but the FB group certainly has had an effect IMO, it also gives a lot of voice to a few people that shout the loudest with the most vocal of opinions often ultra negative.

That negativity can spread through a fanbase easily with little or no substance at all to the roots of it.

I am so fed up on there with a vocal minority of our fans either saying "we are far to big to be in this shitty league" and "Power where has all the fucking money gone" and "Power out" as thats all that seems to be on there now so I have stopped following it, the worst thing is its only every about 3 or 4 people (including the twat that runs the page) that start all the threads.

There is so little praise when things do go well.

I think that in the main the TEF is fairly well balanced on that front with nowhere near as much kneejerk reaction when things go wrong.

As for the "cunt/alright" button TBH they are a bit pointless, what other forums do often have is like FB has where a post can be "liked/disliked" individually.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:09:09 »

I don't know how my karma has gone from 8 to - 3  Sad

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 12:19:08 »

Not sure about Twitter being the cause of lack of posts (it may well be) but the FB group certainly has had an effect IMO, it also gives a lot of voice to a few people that shout the loudest with the most vocal of opinions often ultra negative.

That negativity can spread through a fanbase easily with little or no substance at all to the roots of it.

I am so fed up on there with a vocal minority of our fans either saying "we are far to big to be in this shitty league" and "Power where has all the fucking money gone" and "Power out" as thats all that seems to be on there now so I have stopped following it, the worst thing is its only every about 3 or 4 people (including the twat that runs the page) that start all the threads.

There is so little praise when things do go well.

I think that in the main the TEF is fairly well balanced on that front with nowhere near as much kneejerk reaction when things go wrong.

As for the "cunt/alright" button TBH they are a bit pointless, what other forums do often have is like FB has where a post can be "liked/disliked" individually.
I lasted an hour on that Facebook group. Left as soon as I read some of it. Find Facebook generally like that though. Idiotic. Have to be honest I don't care about the football anymore. I couldn't name our side apart from Norris.
I infrequently look on here for the other stuff(bollocks quota) not regularly though nowadays
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:06:10 »

I don't know how my karma has gone from 8 to - 3  Sad
You've clearly become more of a cunt?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:15:18 »

Just a thought...wouldn't a Reddit style up vote/down vote work a little better than alright/cunt? That way people who post really good content or comments or when someone gives some useful advice (Samdy RE: Mortgages or Batch Revolut Card). You could even link it to some kind of digital asset (if your that way inclined) or create an independent TEF currency, maybe they could be called "Bollocks" or simply TEFs. If you wish, you can tip a fellow member for said useful content/comment/making someone laugh. E.g "Nice one Jayo, +2 TEFs @jayohaitchenn"

I don't know how any of you would feel about that but it would be a good incentive to maybe attract more Town Fans, and generate better content. Of course, the bollocks will always remain, that's what makes it good (maybe) and you can still freely tip someone if they've spouted favourable bollocks.

On the whole, most stuff here is pretty good and I do enjoy a fair amount of the non footy elements here.

I'm not proposing a forum overhaul btw, just think a little tweak or incentive would be a fun way to share content. I have no idea if anyone has suggested similar before and i'm certainly not reinventing the wheel here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:20:08 »

to be honest, couldn't care less whether people think I'm a cunt or not.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 13:57:07 »

Always been more of a reader, occasionally make the odd post. This forum (apart from the off the wall messages every now and again) is by far the most entertaining and informative one compared to the Facebook mish mash. I think it is probably something to do with age as more often than not the comments/arguments/replies on here require a bit more thought and show more maturity than most I have read on the Facebook page.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Sir red ken

« Reply #594 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:09:41 »

to be honest, couldn't care less whether people think I'm a cunt or not.
To cunt or not to cunt, that is the question.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:15:48 »

more often than not the comments/arguments/replies on here require a bit more thought and show more maturity

Girl Giggle
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #596 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:42:11 »

Just a thought...wouldn't a Reddit style up vote/down vote work a little better than alright/cunt? That way people who post really good content or comments or when someone gives some useful advice (Samdy RE: Mortgages or Batch Revolut Card). You could even link it to some kind of digital asset (if your that way inclined) or create an independent TEF currency, maybe they could be called "Bollocks" or simply TEFs. If you wish, you can tip a fellow member for said useful content/comment/making someone laugh. E.g "Nice one Jayo, +2 TEFs @jayohaitchenn"

I don't know how any of you would feel about that but it would be a good incentive to maybe attract more Town Fans, and generate better content. Of course, the bollocks will always remain, that's what makes it good (maybe) and you can still freely tip someone if they've spouted favourable bollocks.

On the whole, most stuff here is pretty good and I do enjoy a fair amount of the non footy elements here.

I'm not proposing a forum overhaul btw, just think a little tweak or incentive would be a fun way to share content. I have no idea if anyone has suggested similar before and i'm certainly not reinventing the wheel here.

The karma system is all the current version of the forum software supports, it isn't tweakable beyond renaming the tags. As far as I can tell there is no upvote post function but I'll have another look and see what I can find.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:49:52 »

Ahh I see. I have no idea what software the forum runs off if I'm honest. Nice one Jayo, I think something like that could be a good thing though. Even if just separate upvote function aside to the Karma tags.  Cheers.

'Incessant Nonsense'

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #598 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 14:51:11 »

It isn't officially supported in the simple machines software - it's a user mod that can be installed. Only Barry Scott has the power to do something of that magnitude.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 17:42:41 »

It isn't officially supported in the simple machines software - it's a user mod that can be installed. Only Barry Scott has the power to do something of that magnitude.

Cool. Don't want to force any extra work on anyone. Maybe a vote (oh the irony), could sway Barry if he was up for looking into it? Of course we could all actually tip/upvote him if he did.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: