Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 374667 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 10:41:46 »

I still go to 50% of games in a season I'm just usually too depressed to write or read about it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 10:49:08 »

Football wise I use the forum as a kind of therapy, its good to let it out.

Being comfortably in the 41+ age bracket I've certainly not let football ruin my entire weekend these days (Wembley type disappointments aside). An hour or two of moaning and engaging in circular arguments does the trick.

The Mrs is happy because I leave her alone to watch strictly come ice skating casualty. The kids get on with xboxing.

Obviously there are events - new manager/new key injuries/new Vigs strop to talk about. But other than that its fairly mundane. We all hope we can find form and get up. Most of us don't see it. Some point out the pointage is still on.

Not much more to say on ground ownership until more comes out from whomever. Not got the energy or skills to do any form of digging to see if any more can be discovered than the PR has told us.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #572 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 10:52:45 »

I don’t think it is less busy I just honestly think a few of the threads that we have created have actually ruined this forum unfortunately 😔
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:00:18 »

I only come on this forum for football chat and to argue with reg about said football chat.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #574 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:05:25 »

I don’t think it is less busy I just honestly think a few of the threads that we have created have actually ruined this forum unfortunately 😔

Admittedly a lot of things very worthy of their own thread do get lumped into the two threads, both the "Trivial things" threads.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #575 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:17:07 »

It's been mooted before that we should get rid of such 'mass' threads. Too many people whined, though, so nothing happened. The good/bad things about football are also likely to deter new threads from being made, and the ex-players thread. Just a few off the top of my head.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #576 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:18:26 »

Yeah agree mate. I would fuck them off if a am honest. Like the death thread
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:21:43 »

Although sometimes it's useful to have catch-all threads - I have absolutely fuck all interest in cricket so avoid the Cricket thread, likewise if you don't like the political rants you can just avoid the Lets Get Political thread (or you could if Reg and Legends Lounge didn't keep blaming everything on the Tories/Labour in every other fucking thread). But the really generic ones do tend to narrow things into just three or four mega threads, I agree
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:23:14 »

Wasn’t there an attempt to bin off the trivial things threads a few years ago? And people got upset so they were reinstated?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:26:46 »

I don't think you can win.

Remove the trivial threads and either people won't post as much. Or start a flood new threads that are too trivial to comment on Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #580 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:26:50 »

Wasn’t there an attempt to bin off the trivial things threads a few years ago? And people got upset so they were reinstated?

YEs.
Flashheart

« Reply #581 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:27:54 »

I might piss about a bit later if I feel like it. The whiners can whine.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:29:42 »

To be fair there's quite a few good threads on here, just think the regular posters have dropped off a bit. We don't even get people like Thor or Tom Punt anymore or the fella who kept on about the pre season tour of Austria. Oh, and Ironside  Smiley.

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:48:23 »

Twitter is mostly to blame for lack of posts I think. Reckon ditching the trivial threads may help. Nothing to lose by trying is there? I personally don't like the you're alright/cunt vote thing. I think that can kill debate too. Why not say why you disagree instead of hitting a cunt button?  Nobody's comment is more important than anyone else's in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:59:32 by Arriba » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #584 on: Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:51:56 »

I've locked the generic threads for now. Will reinstate in one week if it doesn't have the desired effect.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: