Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 376173 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:53:27 »

When you say devided the fanbase, without wishing to cause argument, how many fans have said they won't go with Di Canio in charge ? a handful ? maybe 10 ?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:53:43 »

I read that a few times and I still can't work out if you're trying to express a point of view here.

I'm developing a "cantonnapp" that makes complete garbage out of a perfectly reasonable debate.  It will be closely followed by a "hollowapp" that makes a reasonable debate out of complete garbage
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:55:16 by triseros » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:55:06 »

Cider for me - Savanna Dry - not bad. On to the wine shortly. I'm actually fairly neutral on the PDC issue - not excited and not disappointed.  
Wiggler

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:55:52 »

C'mon, let them go with dignity  Cheesy, I do think its a bit melodramatic and they are acting like they're signing off before going to war (instead of just leaving a forum), but its sad that they're off and that this whole manager issue has divided the fan base.

But please people lets get back to the serious business of wild transfer speculation and the posting of endless youtube clips of unemployed italian footballers... its the close season... full of hope and expectation...anything is possible.

Extremely doubtful. Never underestimate the power of an internet forum to blow the most insignificant of issues out of all proportion.
Our fanbase in the real world: ie at the county ground and our travelling support will be no more divided than we've ever been. you'll still be sat infront of that annoying cunt you were last season. and the old bastard to the left of you will still grumble at the "liner" for the entire second half

all this is just bush league keyboard shit, laughable man  Grin

Sussex

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:56:06 »

A chocolate milkshake for me. Hardcore.

Apple and Blackcurrant. No added sugar. Down in one?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:57:08 »

Apple and Blackcurrant. No added sugar. Down in one?

Careful now, you'll be nipping up to the toilet all night.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:57:17 »

Gotta leave for a visa run to Cambodia in a couple of hours.

If you think it sounds glamorous, think again. I could think of much better things to do than sit on a bus all day.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:57:45 »

C'mon, let them go with dignity  Cheesy, I do think its a bit melodramatic and they are acting like they're signing off before going to war (instead of just leaving a forum), but its sad that they're off and that this whole manager issue has divided the fan base.

Time will tell, but I think the number of fans who feel so bad about this that they're 'considering their position' is relatively small.  The majority either don't care at all, or regret the Manager's sympathies but consider this to be peripheral to their love of the club.

Split the fanbase?  I don't think so.  (The pro- and anti-Wills/Diamandis split a few years ago was much more even and damaging, I would say.)  What I do regret though is that some of the people who have left the TEF today are people I have a lot of time for.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:58:30 »

If you think it sounds glamorous, think again. I could think of much better things to do than sit on a bus all day.

Follow the Ho Chi Minh trail
Sussex

« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:58:35 »

You could borrow DRS' t-shirt for the journey.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:59:24 »

Cider
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 19:59:53 »

When you say devided the fanbase, without wishing to cause argument, how many fans have said they won't go with Di Canio in charge ? a handful ? maybe 10 ?

Well, if its an argument you want! Cheesy

Dunno, define a handful? I think I meant it as a figure of speech, listening to some of the fans interviewed on the TV tonight, half seemed to be up of it, a quarter seemed against it and the others all seemed to have had a lobotomy judging by their glassy non-sentient stares into camera. The general public, you can't beat them!

But if you're going to press me Paxman style, I'll say 8.
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:00:35 »

Never underestimate the power of an internet forum to blow the most insignificant of issues out of all proportion.

You got that right. I had a near 2 months away from the forum. I liked Swindon a lot more for it. I was no longer getting sucked into the polarising opinions and the ridiculous ways things can snowball beyond recognition. I'm a selective reader now - it allows my sanity to remain at peace.

I was hoping you were going to tell a wild story about running through rainforests and out-witting gun-runners, guerillas and drug barons... Sad
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:02:25 by Barry Scott » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:01:00 »

People still have to do that?!  Blimey.  I met people at the other end of Thailand, years ago, who would drop in to Malaysia periodically for the same reason.

Bon voyage.
Wiggler

« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 20:01:39 »

I'm developing a "cantonnapp" that makes complete garbage out of a perfectly reasonable debate.  It will be closely followed by a "hollowapp" that makes a reasonable debate out of complete garbage

\now you're just putting letters together  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: