Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102775 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 16:52:26 »

Oooooh....get her :gay:

'Pseudo' football fan fights back shock!

Amazing that a minority footy magazine has lasted so long.

What we need are more mags that suck up to the Premier League, Sky Sports and appeases the majority that have no opinions on anything.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 17:00:30 »

'Pseudo' football fan fights back shock!

Amazing that a minority footy magazine has lasted so long.

What we need are more mags that suck up to the Premier League, Sky Sports and appeases the majority that have no opinions on anything.

Don't be such a tool. We all have opinions. The difference is that the large majority of us don't go round trying to ram our opinions down others throats, when those opinions have fuck all to do with the matter at hand.

Maybe I was overly critical of WSC, but on the few occasions I've bought it it seemed to be full of 'right on' pricks putting the football world to rights.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #662 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 17:49:25 »

Well i think we have cleared up who wrote the article.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 17:58:34 »

Well i think we have cleared up who wrote the article.

Who do you reckon it was? Hmmm

Surely not......Herthab? Huh?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 17:59:10 »

I buy WSC monthly and enjoy it. However, it can be pretentious and condescending towards the football fan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:00:12 »

I haven't bought it for years and years (possibly longer)...it used to be excellent. No idea what it's like these days though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:01:43 »

Am I being whoooshed or did nobody notice the authors name at the end of the article?

WSC is so awful in it's sanctimonious, condescending and patronising glorification of lower league football that I prefer to skimread FourFourTwo instead.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #667 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:04:48 »

I noticed the name but couldn't make a connection

Who is David Squires?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:07:00 »

The author of the article Smiley

I doubt it's someone from here. The dissenters are so few that I think everyone knows who we are.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #669 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:09:36 »

Ah.

I see your point now. I tried myself to try to match up the writing style, which is quite pointless really.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:13:16 »

Don't be such a tool. We all have opinions. The difference is that the large majority of us don't go round trying to ram our opinions down others throats, when those opinions have fuck all to do with the matter at hand.

Maybe I was overly critical of WSC, but on the few occasions I've bought it it seemed to be full of 'right on' pricks putting the football world to rights.

Of course we all have opinions, and WSC is an organ for expressing opinions. You might not agree with the majority of articles, editorials, letters, book reviews, photos etc that feature in it, and you can express your opinion on this - it would be ridiculous for anyone to want to deny you this. You are free to write a letter to WSC to criticise the content of an article, or submit an article that expresses your point of view on a particular subject. I don't think authors of WSC articles are trying to ram their views down people's throats, and I don't expect any author would expect all readers to agree with them. And is there anything wrong with football fans identifying issues in the sport that they consider problematic or troubling and then alerting others to it? I suspect a lot of WSC readers are the kinds of fans that see more to football than just the matchday experience. At the very least, it is the kind of football publication that has the balls to regularly consider corruption, mismanagement and dubious ownership - subjects that many Town fans can relate to.

In this instance you seem to only be able to view those with different opinions to yours in abusive and generalised terms. I think it is unfair to bracket someone like me as a 'pseudo' fan, 'tool' and 'prick'.

Surely if you express yourself in such a way, you should expect those you have criticised to defend themselves, hopefully in a reasoned way.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #671 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:19:37 »

In this instance you seem to only be able to view those with different opinions to yours in abusive and generalised terms.

And you don't?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:20:35 »

Ah.

I see your point now. I tried myself to try to match up the writing style, which is quite pointless really.
I tried the same and then did a bit of snooping but failed. I'm too nosey.

The article makes a couple of good points, particularly on the football side of things, but like most things in WSC it's just very exaggerated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:27:49 »

It has some interesting opinions expressed, but the whole crux appears to be that it has soiled the clubs name, to the point where we will never be able to repair the damage, which is complete bollocks.  If the whole proviso is bollocks, so becomes the article itself.  WSC used to be a pretty decent nationwide fanzine, the sort people would spend 15 mins sneaking a look inside WH Smith for.  It seems to have got a little far up it's own rear end now though, preaching rather than delivering ovservational commentary.  It's a bit Daily Mail for the "real football fan".  The current Villa Managerial circus would have provided a good 4 page effort in times gone by, not only picking up on the pure hatred of Villa fans towards the appointment but then going on to provide some humorous musings on derbies in general, or other less well known clubs where such outpourings have occured in the past.  If they do cover it now, it'll probably be with some effort at having a pop at money in the game.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #674 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 18:29:00 »

I think it's well written in the sense that the writer has some writing talent.

Quite witty and can keep the readers interest and as you say SY, does make some good (although a tad obvious) footballing points.

But the spin reminds me of the daily mail.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: