Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103233 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 09:51:18 »

He is just sorting out a problem with The Illuminati at the Vatican before he turns his attention to the bigger problem of getting us promoted
nochee

« Reply #556 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 09:52:11 »

He will not be coming back until anout November, i've heard. Apparently he will be managing the team via skype.

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:25:59 »

In all seriousness,he does seem to spend more time in Italy than here since he got the job. Stfc should be his main priority now
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:30:51 »

In all seriousness, the players are still on holiday. How do you know he's not in contact with the club on a daily basis? He's more than likely got his own contacts. I'm sure he had a say in the recent departures with players/backroom staff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:31:57 »

He doesn't have to be in his office at the CG to conduct business.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #560 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:33:17 »

In all seriousness,he does seem to spend more time in Italy than here since he got the job. Stfc should be his main priority now

How do you know he isn't working over there now for us? There's not a lot else he can do in Swindon until the players come back into training.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #561 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:35:59 »

Think Gary Rose mentioned hes overseas now trying to conduct deals for overseas players

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:42:56 »

Office maybe, but out of the country? He's hardly ever here.
Say a target is stalling on coming here,having the manager here to sell the club will only be a good thing. Things like that could crop up quickly.

If he is chasing players in Italy then fine,but he seems to have only been here on flying visits so far.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #563 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:44:30 »

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43948.msg962283.html#msg962283
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:45:41 »

One hopes he is just extracting himself from previous commitments in Italy, doing the STFC job while doing so.

Hopefully he will be back in Blighty full time soon. It may not necessarily be hindering us while he isn't. But I'll feel happier that he is fully on board!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 10:51:12 »

Office maybe, but out of the country? He's hardly ever here.
Say a target is stalling on coming here,having the manager here to sell the club will only be a good thing. Things like that could crop up quickly.

If he is chasing players in Italy then fine,but he seems to have only been here on flying visits so far.

The majority of players are still on their holidays. Di Canio is over in Italy involved in some charity work which he promised to carry out some months ago. He has to sort out the situation with his family aswell. At the same time I'm sure he's on the phone with Wrey, Watkins, agents, players.

Relax.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 15:08:38 »

The majority of players are still on their holidays. Di Canio is over in Italy involved in some charity work which he promised to carry out some months ago. He has to sort out the situation with his family aswell. At the same time I'm sure he's on the phone with Wrey, Watkins, agents, players.

Relax.

I'm sure he has a laptop and a mobile, so his office is with him all the time. I am a bit scared about the Italian > English > Italian translation fuck up potential with software though Crash
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #567 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 15:11:19 »

the contracts are being translated through google translate
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 15:49:37 »

Would just like to know when he is likely to come back so we can get some idea of his plans for next season. to be honest im getting fed up reading what Jeremy Wray has to say on each story coming out of SN1.

On mainland Europe, it is very common for the owner/chairman to do all the deals, maybe with the help of a DoF. He then just tells the coach to get them playing...could be we're opting for this model, in which case little point in di Canio turning up until the start of pre-season training.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:03:47 »

On mainland Europe, it is very common for the owner/chairman to do all the deals, maybe with the help of a DoF. He then just tells the coach to get them playing...could be we're opting for this model, in which case little point in di Canio turning up until the start of pre-season training.

One slight issue. We don't have a DoF or a chief scout to advise JW. I don't doubt Bodin has an input, I do doubt DiCanio is going to stake his reputation on that with no input.

Could be an agency is doing all the recruiting for us = madness.

Unless you are suggesting Jeremy W is the man performing the talent spotting.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: