Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Own Goals and Gaffes  (Read 5314 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:29:17 »

I remember us beating Nottm Forest 2-1 at home courtesy of 2 own goals a few seasons back.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:35:48 »

29/11/1992   NICKY HAMMOND   PETERBOROUGH

That makes me fucking seethe to this day. Useless twat. He did a very similar thing v Torquay in the League Cup the same season.

What about that Bristol City bloke in 04/05? the 1-1 game at our place. Rory scored that unbelieveable overhead effort to equalise and then he missed a sitter in the last minute - Lee Miller I think?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 19:17:40 »

Funniest Bristol City Gaffe was Gordon Owen missing a penalty.

it was in the first season of the play-offs at their place, on the last day of the season & the Shitheads needed to win to make the play-offs (we were already in).

At 1-1, Joe Jordan threw himself to the ground (no surprise there then) in our box & won a penalty.
Owen grabbed the ball of some other twat, took the penalty & missed.
City missed out on the play-offs, and we got promoted.

Great Day, and the natives were far from happy at the end & tried to force their way into our terrace. Oh how I miss the good old days of football Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 19:22:20 »

I like the way you refuse to afford capital letters in your list to the filthy franchise.  Nice touch.

Would it crush you to know that its the autocorrect doing it Sad
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 19:30:03 »

it was in the first season of the play-offs at their place, on the last day of the season & the Shitheads needed to win to make the play-offs (we were already in).

At 1-1, Joe Jordan threw himself to the ground (no surprise there then) in our box & won a penalty.

Great Day, and the natives were far from happy at the end & tried to force their way into our terrace. Oh how I miss the good old days of football Cheesy

The only time I left a game early. As soon as they missed the pen, I knew what was going to happen at the final whistle.

Of course, a few weeks later Owen completed a 'double' by missing in a penalty shootout as Shitty lost in the FRT.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 19:49:37 »

Thanks all.  Have added all of these suggestions to the list.... keep 'em coming!

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:00:10 »

Vincent Pericard v Charlton in the home leg of the play offs last season.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:01:19 »

I can't remember who it was against( i think it was west brom ) Frank Talia went to put a cross over the bar and put in the net instead.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 21:17:57 »

I can't remember who it was against( i think it was west brom ) Frank Talia went to put a cross over the bar and put in the net instead.

I went to that one, it was West Brom... Night game, 3-2 loss.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 21:48:21 »

david holdsworth's (sheff u) diving header own goal for us from a gary elkins cross
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 22:06:21 »

There was the one where Bart Griemink let a really tame shot through his legs, against Colchester I think?
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 22:07:34 »

I remember that game very well. All hell broke loose afterwards, especially in the park over the road from the away end.  A mate of mine, who was a copper on duty that day, said that for 20 mins or so the police totally lost control. It certainly seemed that way!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 22:11:14 »

They tried to get on to the terrace but failed miserably after Town fans were climbing up the fence to get at them. Afterwards, however, it was fucking evil. We had a really good mob there but it was like a children's tea party compared to what the fuck was waiting for us.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:41:46 »

Nicky Hammond vs Ipswich away (cup match) when we were in the Prem and JAF scored his first for us.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:43:20 »

Nicky hammond full stop
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: