Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Mystery candidate linked with Town job  (Read 39647 times)
woolster

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 21:19:12 »

Can't have been Ince as his number plate is C U N T WITH A FUCKING GREAT BIG CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER - he drives a wide car.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 21:26:25 »

Whilst I tend to agree you have to also remember his contract is up in 6 months. I'm assuming that despite his exploits with them this season he's yet to be offered a new one. Now I know i'd be looking if I didn't have long left in my current job.

Don't think anyone disagrees with that, nor that he is likely to leave. It's just unlikely he'd have been applying for jobs and that we'd announce his appointment on Wednesday whilst they're still in the playoffs. Much as I'd like it to be Buckle, I think we'd have delayed the process if he was in the running.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 21:45:56 »

He wouldn't be the first though would he to be honest. Our very own Hoddle did it.
Lumps

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 21:46:22 »

Why didn't I think of that?!

Ooops, that'll teach me to get to the bottom of the page before I post.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 08:18:04 »

Whilst I tend to agree you have to also remember his contract is up in 6 months. I'm assuming that despite his exploits with them this season he's yet to be offered a new one. Now I know i'd be looking if I didn't have long left in my current job. He may also be thinking he has taken them as far as he can espeically if players like Benyon are going to be sold off cheap. For him it might make sense to move to a bigger club where he can progress his career more. Staying at Torquay might damage his rep if they go up but come straight back down wherea getting us up and then taking us to the top end of L1 would see his rep rise more.

I'm afraid the fact that they've said they would be announcing the new manager next Wednesday just blows the Buckle theory apart for me. Shame, would have been good I think.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 08:42:19 »

I'm gonna stick with Peter Reid. Based on pretty much fuck all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:04:19 »

Hasn't Peter Reid publicly stated several times that he wants to stay with Plymouth to get them back up? Ordinarily, I'd take the standard protestations of loyalty in football as utterly worthless (as they usually are), but in his case, his extraordinary actions this season (selling his FA cup medal to help pay staff wages, paying their leccy bill out of his own pocket etc) do give his words weight.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:12:03 »

I have a sneaky feeling that its Tisdale.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ScillyRed

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:24:11 »

Me too
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:26:11 »

He wouldn't be the first though would he to be honest. Our very own Hoddle did it.

Sure but that was different - Hoddle was offered the Chelsea job on a plate, there wasn't any interview process to go through. If we wanted Buckle it would have been a few private phone calls and then no announcement till after the playoffs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:26:45 »

If Burley has actually been interviewed, it'll be him - surely the best candidate for the job by far?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:31:19 »

If Burley has actually been interviewed, it'll be him - surely the best candidate for the job by far?
You'd hope so, but there may be sticking points we don't know about e.g. (and these are just random examples off the top of my head) his salary demands might be too high; he might want what the board regard as an unrealistic transfer budget; the rumours about Hoddle on the board are true and Burley sought assurances that couldn't be given about no DOF-style inteference; he turned up to the interview in his "Friends of Stalin" T-shirt
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:37:53 »

You'd hope so, but there may be sticking points we don't know about.

I doubt it. If you're an experienced manager like Burley and you apply for a job with Swindon Town you've reached the point of desperation and all demands and expectations are out the window. Besides which, we've got to have one of the top 5 highest budgets in the lowest two divisions, so I'm sure we pay a decent wage to our managers.
ScillyRed

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:44:37 »

Perhaps it's a bit like rock groups - when you are playing The Congress Theatre at Eastbourne you know you are finished. As a manager you get offered Swindon Town......................... Eek Eek Eek
flammableBen

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:45:17 »

I have a sneaky feeling that its Tisdale.

If it's tisdale I'll go dancing naked in the street and take photos and post them on here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: