Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 79767 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 18:12:04 »

Sheehan's buggered off already to do a week long stint with Preston.  No great loss imo.  He wasn't interested in staying here permanently when we didn't get into the championship.  The only reason he came back in November was because nobody else wanted him.

But he's obviously OK with staying in league 1. But it wouldn't have been with us even if we had stayed up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:13:38 »

He aint all that anyway.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:33:05 »

if we can keep ritchie,ferry,caddis,benyon,flint and misun we could have a good team if we go back up
tans

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:37:43 »

Whos misun?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:38:34 »

Most of them.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:39:10 »

Most of them.

Good work

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:41:16 »

we seem to have a fair few players who can't wait to fuck off.
more the better i say.it's the shit who want to stay i'm more concerned about.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:45:18 »

Rose has said he's staying.

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 19:59:57 »

who else do people want to see leave who still has a year left on there contract?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 13:19:17 »

ignorant babes  Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 13:51:44 »

we seem to have a fair few players who can't wait to fuck off.
more the better i say.it's the shit who want to stay i'm more concerned about.

I'm sure most of us feel the same. But at the same time, building almost from scratch is a near impossible task for any manager. We need to keep some kind of core from this season's better (or less crap) performers and bring in the right players around them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 13:59:21 »

Seeing as you look lonely, from the dozen or so games I've seen this season I'd get rid of:

Smith - decent but nowhere near good enough to be a number 1.
Lucas - crock. We need a keeper to play 46 games.
Rose - might be okay in League 2 but I just think his attitude stinks. I never thought I'd say this but we need someone like Vincent.
Prutton - no explanation necessary.

Of those who are out of contract, I'd keep Lecs and Douglas.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 14:55:32 »

Seeing as you look lonely, from the dozen or so games I've seen this season I'd get rid of:

Smith - decent but nowhere near good enough to be a number 1.
Lucas - crock. We need a keeper to play 46 games.
Rose - might be okay in League 2 but I just think his attitude stinks. I never thought I'd say this but we need someone like Vincent.
Prutton - no explanation necessary.

Of those who are out of contract, I'd keep Lecs and Douglas.

I totally agree!  Yes

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:11:56 »

My pointless opinion.

It’s pointless because I haven’t seen this side so I probably can’t comprehend the level of their mediocrity.
However, I admit I’m not keen on getting rid of everybody for the sake of it. Nothing fills me with more dread right now than bringing in a ridiculous amount of new players (like under Todd... or to a lesser extent when King relied on the signings of Cureton, Thorpe, Smith, Whalley and Nicolau back in 2005).

Leaving

Jakub Jesionkowski
Scott Cuthbert (I’d retain if possible)
Lescinel Jean-Francois
Will Evans
Nathan Thompson
Michael Timlin
Vincent Pericard
Sheehan
O’Brien
Dossevi

Make Available

David Lucas
David Prutton
Kevin Amankwaah
Jon-Paul McGovern

Dave Lucas: I expect to stay. If I was to lean towards axing a goalkeeper it would be Lucas simply because the guy cannot stay fit.

Phil Smith: I didn’t realise Smith signed a two year deal last year, that seems very generous considering he was reserve to Lucas last summer. Smith has grafted throughout his professional career (by earning several contract extensions during his time here) and I very much doubt that he’d walk away unless a new club came in.

Mark Scott + Jakub Jesionkowski I have absolutely no basis for this opinion but I expect Scott to remain our 3rd choice for 2011/12.

Scott Cuthbert: He will leave and he will find a decent club and he will go on to have a decent career. One poor season won’t finish him nor will it kill interest. He’s still young and I think he will go on to do decent things. I’d like him to stay.

Michael Rose:  Say what you like but this is his level and he shall be here and could play a role.

Paul Caddis: Would be a major player at this level but we could well see a bid come in for him. He’s highly thought of north of the border. Can see an SPL side come in for him.

Lecsinel Jean-Francois: Very popular but I expect him to be released. He’s in a key position where we need experience at this level.

Kevin Amankwaah: Can’t see him leaving unless he’s paid up or a club comes in.

Nathan Thompson: Could go either way for him. I thought he’d play a bigger part this season. He’s 20 now, still young but he can’t go on getting 1 year deals and rarely playing forever.

As you were for Misun/Flint/Kennedy.

Will Evans: Too much youth in our defence. I imagine that he’ll be released.

Matt Ritchie: I expect Ritchie to be one of our most important players at that level. Did well with Notts County down there.

Jon-Paul McGovern: Unless someone comes in with a 2 year contract, he’ll be here.

Simon Ferry: I expect big things from him next season.

David Prutton: He’s gone very quiet within the media since relegation was confirmed. I dare say he’s negotiating his way out as we speak!

Jonathan Douglas: If what he says in the media is true, he’d be welcome to stay. One poor season but we know what he can do. I’d take the armband from him though.

Michael Timlin: Part of the furniture now without ever really doing anything significant since he signed permanently. I’d release him as I think we can get better in that position. However, he did do okay in that loan move at Southend.

As you were for Said & Clark

Billy Bodin: I’d keep him. Should’ve sent him on loan this season.

Elliot Benyon: I don’t expect a great deal from him, he was a panic buy and I hope we get our moneys worth.

Vincent Pericard: Dust in the wind.

As you were for Pavett and Storey:  

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:29:20 »

Fwiw here is my opinion on who i would keep.

Smith(no 2)
Amankawaah
Cuthbert-He needs an experienced head tho
Lescinel
Ritchie
Caddis
Douglas
Benyon

That's it really
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: