Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 79930 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:20:04 »

Should the decision whether or not to extend Douglas's contract lie with the new manager (assuming we get one in on time)

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:23:32 »

Ritchie, Lucas, and Cuthbert all went to 442 the other week for next season's kit launch photos, which would suggest they're all here in 2011/12.

'Meatball Head' went too, not sure who that is though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:25:24 »

Should the decision whether or not to extend Douglas's contract lie with the new manager (assuming we get one in on time)

The option may not be in his hands, but if he request a move - once that happens he's as good as gone. I wonder if there is scope to extend the contract simply to give us a bit of bargaining power? I also wonder if we can afford his wage in relation as a % of our wage cap.

I'd imagine we'd want to keep him as a player. But even in this poor season he is too good for division 4.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:32:13 »

Regarding the salary cap, I believe there is ways around it if the owners are willing to fork out for players salaries out of their own pockets, like SSW did for Ince the last time we were in Div 4.

Of course they might have changed the rules since Notts County blasted them out of the water after Munto saying they had billions to pay for Sol Campbell, but they obviously didn't.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:33:40 »

Ritchie, Lucas, and Cuthbert all went to 442 the other week for next season's kit launch photos, which would suggest they're all here in 2011/12.

'Meatball Head' went too, not sure who that is though.
I don't think that's necessarily the case, iirc Greer had been photographed wearing this season's new home shirt...........we all know what happened next.
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:45:33 »

Bearing in mind we will need to reduce the squad and wage bill, here's my two-penneth

Lucas         Contract to Jun 2012 - Keepers are fine.
Smith         Contract to Jun 2012  - Does my nut in but fair number two.
Jesionkowski   Out of contract - Let go,  to old now to be considered a youngster
Scott         Out of contract  - Renew on one-year deal, get him out on loan.

Misun         Contract to Jun 2013
Amankwaah   Contract to Jun 2012 - Let go, too injury prone, and average when he does play
Flint         Contract to Jun 2013  - Will be a big payer for us over the next few years, until we sell him.
Kennedy      Contract to Jun 2012 - Second choice LB, no problem.
Cuthbert      Out of contract - Would love to see him stay on reduced terms but think he'll be gone.
Rose         Contract to Jun 2012  - More than good enough L2.
Caddis      Contract to Jun 2013 - Massive player for us next year.
LJF         Out of contract - Does my nut in, not sure we should keep him but could be one of our four CBs
Sheehan      Out of contract - Too expensive and we can't afford 3 LBs
Thompson      Out of contract - One-year deal, back up to Caddis.
Evans      Out of contract - One-year deal, fourth choice CB. Get him out on loan.

O'Brien      Gone
Ritchie      Contract to Jun 2013 - Key player for us next season.
Douglas      Out of contract, club has option to extend - Would love to see him stay and lead us back but fear he'll move on, hopefully for a decent price.
McGovern      Contract to Jan 2012  - Wouldn't be too upset to see him go, but could be good next year, you just never know.
Ferry         Contract to Jun 2013 - Get him fit this summer, and he will be key next year.
Prutton      Contract to Jun 2012 - Might be controversial but, especially if we lose Dougie, Prutton will be huge for us next year.
Timlin      Out of contract - One-year deal on reduced terms. Good L2 player.
Bodin      Out of contract  - Renew, get him out on loan.
Said              Contract to Jun 2012 - Get him out on loan.
Clark              Contract to Jun 2012 - get him out on loan.

Benyon      Contract to Jun 2013 - No problems with Benyon.
Pavett      Contract to Jan 2012 - Think the club are happy so far, possibly give six more months and get him out on loan.
Dossevi      Out of contract
Pericard      Out of contract - Good riddance.

So looking at that for next season:

GK - Lucas, Smith, Scott. Good enough for L1, let alone L2.

DEF - Rose, Kennedy, Caddis, Thompson, Flint, Misun, Evans, Cuthbert (?). If Cuthbert stays we need one experienced CB, if he goes, two.

MID - Ritchie, McGovern, Timlin, Ferry, Prutton, Dougie (?), Said. We need a left winger and a right winger. If Dougie goes, we need a fourth CM.

ATT - Benyon, Bodin. By far our weakest area, we need to bring in 3 strikers capable of scoring in L2. And please not Calvin Andrew.

I know most people are baying for blood, and want to see everyone sacked or shot, our squad was a good to average L1 squad this year (despite the car crash of a season) in my opinion, and the basis is there for a squad that is too strong for most L2 sides.

We just need a young, dynamic boss, not a mercenary on the managerial merry-go-round, and some sensible purchases in key areas. Up front, CB and out wide. We should be able to attract the pick of players from other L2 clubs and the conference to build a hungry side intent on getting back to L1.
JPC82

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:52:30 »

Bodin definately has another year on his deal, not sure about Evans though.
Matt Clark & Abdul Said have only signed 6 month contracts not year long contracts
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 12:03:31 »

Bodin definately has another year on his deal, not sure about Evans though.
Matt Clark & Abdul Said have only signed 6 month contracts not year long contracts

Updated Bodin. Where does the 6 months come from? Not that it really matters as they'll be here next season.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 12:09:59 »

I spoke to JP on sat after the game and he said that he wasn't going anywhere, he would stay next season.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 12:30:25 »

I spoke to JP on sat after the game and he said that he wasn't going anywhere, he would stay next season.
Based on this season, who the fuck would want him?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 13:09:49 »

I agree with Panda Paws's assessment.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 13:17:34 »

Agree Panda.  As much as I wouldn't mind the majority of them to fuck off, that squad is still better than most in Lge 2, the major signing is going to be to et the right manager in to deal with them.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 13:19:31 »

And this is an argument FOR the current contract renewal policy.

The contract renewal policy does not affect length of contract, merely the timing of when a contract is offered. It allows clubs (like Brighton for example) to unsettle our players and works in the favour of the player's agent overall, in my opinion anyway.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 13:37:02 »

Regardless of who stays and who goes, imperative we sign an experienced, mouthy centre-back that can put himself about a bit. Same for a target man.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 12:16:35 »

McGovern      Contract to Jan 2012

January? Is that a typo?

Stickied the thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: