Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Notts County official match day thread  (Read 22922 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 23:00:30 »

Love it how everyone has written off Douglas, Cuthbert etc. I think some people would rather go back to the days where we had the likes of Hewlett, Howe, Heywood etc. Laughable. It really is.

The problem this season has be a lack of leadership, an experienced decent central defender and a goalscorer, rather than a bunch of bad footballers.
This season Douglas and Cuthberts have played no better than those you mentioned. The differecne is those players you mentioned had found their level, we know Cuthbert and Douglas are much better than the shite they have produced this season.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 00:32:13 »

Cunty Allen was good value on the league show, reckons Douglas volley was one of the best he had seen and if it had gone in they were doomed...hes right...but if me Aunty had a cock she'd be my uncle! etc etc

Clems Army!
flammableBen

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 00:56:47 »

I carried on my trend of not going or even listening and even persuaded a season ticket holder not to bother today. It wasn't hard.

I think my only game of the season might have been our last home win. Do I get a prize?
DMR

« Reply #258 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 01:34:05 »

I'd literally pay a million quid for someone to hold Hart, Fitton and most of our squad down on the floor so I could kick them in the fucking head one by one at the moment.

Fucking cunts.

Fucking, fucking cunts.

I hate them.

DMR

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 01:44:31 »

Love it how everyone has written off Douglas, Cuthbert etc. I think some people would rather go back to the days where we had the likes of Hewlett, Howe, Heywood etc. Laughable. It really is.

The problem this season has be a lack of leadership, an experienced decent central defender and a goalscorer, rather than a bunch of bad footballers.

Give me Hewlett and Duke any day.

Fucking dreadful but loved the shirt and tried their nuts off.

Fuck me Dukey could have been half decent if he ever actually played in his proper position!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 06:51:32 »

Love it how everyone has written off Douglas, Cuthbert etc.

We may as well. Can't see them wanting to be here next season. Can't see us affording their wages given the wage cap.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 08:29:03 »

I reckon that simply the half-decent goalscorer would have kept us safe.
Earlier in the season we conceded too many but gathered enough points to be lower midtable.
Since Austin went there has been nobody looking capable of scoring and consequently the results have been as they have.
For example, yesterday we created enough in the first half to be at least 3 up with a decent striker.
In so many of the games we've been on top but had nothing up front - that alone would have seen us safe.
Agreed to be challenging like last season we'd have needed the better defender and more consistent performances all around the team.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 09:11:05 »

This is one of the things that utterly baffles me about the 4-5-1 oh no its not, oh yes it is. We've got that half decent goal scorer in Benyon, but in order for him to convert the chances we've been creating he does actually need to be on the pitch. For more than a 5-min cameo when we've already lost
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 10:19:38 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2011/apr/25/swindon-town-notts-county-league-one

I particularly enjoyed the end of the second to last paragraph.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: