Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton to blame...Total joke to blame Paul Hart.  (Read 11578 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 19:52:17 »

It doesn't work like that.

For the record i think if Wilson was still in charge we could of had a reasonable chance of staying up.

No, but the idea of getting rid of Wilson was to get someone in that would turn things round. Hart didn't and wasn't any different to Wilson, it's almost as though Wilson was still in charge - bizarre selections, tactics, formations, substitutions etc.

For Hart to claim he isn't at all to blame (which is what he did on Saturday) is a joke. Bigger joke that he didn't get sacked for it, my blood is still boiling from that interview.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:03:55 »

I don't think he was to blame. Hart needed time before the transfer window. I honestly don't think Mourinho or Fergie would have kept us up with the players we had.

His negativity, complete lack of "giving it a go" and lack of fan approvalwill be the reason he isn't offered the job. And rightly so.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:05:25 »

Being appointed on a 3 year deal tomorrow
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:06:30 »

I heard 5 year deal. Rix in as DOF. Spackman as chairman Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:07:01 »

I'll spin you right round if he is.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:27:02 »

Aljofree as asst manager
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:32:52 »

Steve Lomas as Technical Director.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:34:43 »

Is Sheena Easton available?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #113 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 20:48:27 »

If we could get odds on Sheena Easton again, that would definitely take a bit if the sting away?

Did anybody get a screen shot last time?
Lumps

« Reply #114 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:11:43 »

It doesn't work like that.

For the record i think if Wilson was still in charge we could of had a reasonable chance of staying up.

You people do remember that he got sacked at the end of a 13 game run without a win during which we accumulated a whole 3 points and plummeted down the table right?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 23:22:27 »

Here's my two pennies worth.

Biggest mistake of the season was selling Greer to Brighton for £250k. Why? Because not only was he our captain, a leader, he was also our best defender. People tend to forget that Cuthbert, in July was starting only his 3rd season in professional football. He is raw, talented but raw. Last year he was immense. Why? because positionally he was helped throughout games by Greer. So we sell Greer to a promotion rival, and replace him with.... you guessed it another young defender who only last season wasn't good enough to get into the side and had to be shipped off to a struggling League 1 side. Morrison again, talented but very very raw, inexperienced and prone to errors. So you have a situation where your starting the season with two players aged 23 and 19 as your 1st choice centre halves. And waiting in the wings if these two get injured you've guessed it... JLF who again is a decent footballer, he's very young and very raw and at 23 years of age has still plenty of things to learn etc. Is he a player you can rely on if your going for promotion? Can an inexperience player like him ,like Cuthbert and Morrison also, handle the pressure at this stage in his career?

Early on in the season we were scoring goals for fun, up until Christmas I think we were the 6th or 7th top scorers. However unfortunately we we're an absolute shambles at the back. We we're conceding goals left right and centre, we we're dropping points all the time.

Along comes January and we sell a player, that without his goals up until that point, we would have probably been bottom of the league. We sell Austin, our only real highlight of the season, the only player that could score any goals for us.

And people wonder why we got relegated. The answer? we got relegated because we're shit at the back and for half the season couldn't score a fucking goal.

This season stinks of just pure naivety, it's a simple as that.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 23:58:00 »

If we'd have given Greer the contract he wanted there was a chance he'd be the next Aljofree - an ageing player who isn't fit or good enough to play but still earning a big salary. Not replacing Greer may have been a mistake, but selling him wasn't.

Plus I always thought he was a bit shit and as prone to fuck ups as every other one of our defenders.
china red

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 00:17:13 »

Failing to win last seasons play off final and the departure of some of our better players left a big cloud hanging over the club this season.  The problem is that relegation can have an even bigger affect and as other teams have found one relegation is followed by struggle or another relegation.

The board need to do something positive now.  Appointing a manager who can whet the appetite of town fans and mean we start the season with a fresh start and some positivity around the club is paramount.  Even though he was only here for a few months thats exactly what Denis Wise did when he came into the club.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 10:35:27 »

You people do remember that he got sacked at the end of a 13 game run without a win during which we accumulated a whole 3 points and plummeted down the table right?

Do i think he would have been more attacking in his lineups/formations than Hart in games we needed to win? Yes almost certainly, then again we did tighten up a bit at the back under Hart so i suppose it could have evened things out.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:36:25 »

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump?http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2Fgo%2Frss%2F-%2Fsport1%2Fhi%2Ffootball%2Fteams%2Fs%2Fswindon_town%2F9467993.stm

oh dear
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: