Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Brentford Matchday Thread  (Read 28348 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:24:28 »

@leefer

Poole beat Blackfield 1-0 to top the league

Fawley    0    -    2    Brockenhurst  still second from bottom

Another bit of useless info, Supermarine's goalie's mum was absolutely hammered last night

Cheers Dave,good win for Brock!

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:24:53 »

a question to ask all of you who keep harping on about 4,5,1(which is 4,3,3 and is repeatedly mentioned by the manager as the formation)
why is it negative?

Because when we play 4-5-1 the lone striker is usually very isolated because the midfield don't get forward quickly enough to support him.

For example, within 30 secs of the kick off against Dagenham all five midfield players were back on the edge of our box, with Andrew about 30 yards away from any other of our players, and when the ball was cleared it took too long for him to get any support.

What happens then is the ball is lost & we are under pressure again.

As for the game today, we went to a show so didn't see the score until after full-time.
Even though it's too little & too late I am just happy we have managed to win a fucking game
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:26:17 »

I think arriba was asking the question rhetorically and with a hint of sarcasm.

I don't think he was.
From previous posts I believe he actually thinks the formation is fine
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:31:29 »

I don't think he was.
From previous posts I believe he actually thinks the formation is fine

Which it is if the team playing it are winning,thought it worked well today Grin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:38:35 »

i don't think it's totally fine as i would probably go 4,4,2.
i just see it for what it is.it works for plenty of teams so at the right time yes it's fine overall.

i dont get how everyone and his dog keeps going on about 4,5,1 when it isn't 4,5,1.
negative this negative that is bollocks too.
no manager would go negative when their team is fighting for its life to stay up.
the personel we have on the park is why we are going down,the formation aint the reason we are fucked.
now i dont particularly want hart here next season, but the bollocks on here lately about him is ott and innacurate.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:40:49 by arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:42:18 »

Haha we win and you lot are still arguing about formations.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 17:46:58 »

Just got back. As Mex said, it seemed like there were a lot more than 368 of us there - I was astonished to see that number, Would have said atleast 500. Either way, we made a lot of noise and it was great to be there for the celebrations when we scored and at the final whistle.

First half was pretty dull. They had a good chance when Caddis fell over and let their blokey in, and at the other end their keeper really struggled to deal with a cross, but neither keeper had much to do.

Second half we came out and went at them from the off. They got forward occasionally but we controlled most of the play and were creating a few chances. The fans really started to get behind the lads and eventually the breakthroguh came. Andrew brought it down on the edge of the area, turned, the defender let him have a bit of space and he lashed it low to the keeper's right. Great to see pretty much the whole team rush over to celebrate at the away end.
Just a few minutes later Andrew had an almost identical chance, but it crashed against the bar. Brentford had a bit of a go at the end but we held out and thoroughly deserved the win.

Unfortunately, that glimmer of hope has now been restored. I'm just trying to suppress it as it will only end in disappointment.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:02:50 »

Decent team performance, a lot of effort and a high workrate today I thought. Andrew put in a good shift up front and deserved his goal.

There were at least 500 fans in the lower tier and was a cracking atmosphere throughout. The Swindon yoof shoegate episode was pretty embrassing though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:16:44 »

i don't think it's totally fine as i would probably go 4,4,2.
i just see it for what it is.it works for plenty of teams so at the right time yes it's fine overall.

i dont get how everyone and his dog keeps going on about 4,5,1 when it isn't 4,5,1.
negative this negative that is bollocks too.
no manager would go negative when their team is fighting for its life to stay up.
the personel we have on the park is why we are going down,the formation aint the reason we are fucked.
now i dont particularly want hart here next season, but the bollocks on here lately about him is ott and innacurate.

Watch the matches arriba,i do and i can tell you that it isn't innacurate and is not bollox.
The home matches have been very negative and the substitutions a fucking joke,you are a very good judge of tactics considering you havn't seen a match with Hart in charge?
Not having a go arriba,but you are in the minority if you think that the tactics under Hart has been attacking and that the shape he is playing isn't negative...he admited it himself that he was keeping it tight,if he keeps us up i will eat humble pie but on win in seven suggest's it wont.

Glad for the loyal fans who went today,they deserve it.

Good win today,lets hope he has some balls and goes for for a 4,3,3 at home the next two matches,or at least play with two up front.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:20:34 »

I've said it before. How can we be, with the strikers we have, more of a threat with two up front. Our defence is so weak that we would get ripped apart if we played 4-4-2 with two attacking wide men and two men up front. We're not going to outscore anyone in a 3/4/5 goal thriller. Our best bet is to be hard to beat and then nick the game like we did today.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:25:27 »

I've said it before. How can we be, with the strikers we have, more of a threat with two up front. Our defence is so weak that we would get ripped apart if we played 4-4-2 with two attacking wide men and two men up front. We're not going to outscore anyone in a 3/4/5 goal thriller. Our best bet is to be hard to beat and then nick the game like we did today.

I surrender Doh

A good win today and i am looking forward to the next two matches,the past is dead,long live the future Cheesy
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:28:25 »

I surrender Doh

A good win today and i am looking forward to the next two matches,the past is dead,long live the future Cheesy

Hear Hear  Beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:39:38 »

the 300 odd fan number was probably the advanced ticket sales.  we had  sold over 300 yesterday.

don't agree about 451. its shit. we need to try to win games not hold out and hope we nick one.  433 it isn't

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 18:46:59 »

Watch the matches arriba,i do and i can tell you that it isn't innacurate and is not bollox.
The home matches have been very negative and the substitutions a fucking joke,you are a very good judge of tactics considering you havn't seen a match with Hart in charge?
Not having a go arriba,but you are in the minority if you think that the tactics under Hart has been attacking and that the shape he is playing isn't negative...he admited it himself that he was keeping it tight,if he keeps us up i will eat humble pie but on win in seven suggest's it wont.

Glad for the loyal fans who went today,they deserve it.

Good win today,lets hope he has some balls and goes for for a 4,3,3 at home the next two matches,or at least play with two up front.

hart says its 4,3,3 and that will do for me.whether fans are there or not is irrelivant.
i believe him and understand why he's doing what he is.
you aint looking beyond your belief that he sets up 4,5,1.your two posts in response to mine prove that.
that is what i was on about originally.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 19:22:39 »

Fucking quality day!!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: