Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interesting question  (Read 8672 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:19:44 »

There can't be much between the two though.

Nope...Rovers were called the Black Arabs untill 1899,then changed to Rovers.............Reading FC were formed in 1881.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:27:02 »

have to say oxfords lads have always been game as fuck from what i've seen.the atmosphere at the matches was never top drawer though.
i got chased twice as a teenage lad by those cunts,and saw it kick off plenty of times too.
have to say they seemed to get on top of it generally but that was a long time ago.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:48:35 »

Highworth Reds comment 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 21:22:07 »

have to say oxfords lads have always been game as fuck from what i've seen.the atmosphere at the matches was never top drawer though.
i got chased twice as a teenage lad by those cunts,and saw it kick off plenty of times too.
have to say they seemed to get on top of it generally but that was a long time ago.
The Scum have been game over the years but there have been several occasions at the Manor where we absolutely took the piss. I'm particularly thinking of when we lost 5-0 and when we won 4-2. Spencer is right about their numbers thuogh. It will be real fun next season - absence makes the heart grow fonder etc hence the Banbury and paddington episodes. 1 each I believe.
witneygobshite

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 19:06:18 »

Well chalkie,when you say'took the piss' I am assuming that means on the pitch and not off of it,I have been to almost every game between us in the last 35 years and I can honestly say you have not taken the piss
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 19:20:16 »

Well chalkie,when you say'took the piss' I am assuming that means on the pitch and not off of it,

Honestly though, who cares?

You've been around for 35 years and you're clutching on to a bit of scrapping?
Lumps

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 19:31:24 »

This thread entirely fails to live up to its billing
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 19:50:22 »

This thread entirely fails to live up to its billing

Pointless question would be a better title.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 19:58:12 »

Stating that your own question is interesting is akin to laughing at your own jokes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 20:12:09 »

Honestly though, who cares?

You've been around for 35 years and you're clutching on to a bit of scrapping?

Very little more pathetic than a middle aged wannabe football hooligan....I feel sorry for the fella, think of all the rich variety of life he's missed out on.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 21:56:10 »

Well chalkie,when you say'took the piss' I am assuming that means on the pitch and not off of it,I have been to almost every game between us in the last 35 years and I can honestly say you have not taken the piss
I said one of these was a 5-0 defeat.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 12:53:22 »

I said one of these was a 5-0 defeat.

Obviously never got taught to read....

It'll be nice to play Oxturd again so they can renew their rivalry.  Sadly, we've moved on to bigger and better things.  No doubt we'll put them in their place and send them hurtling back down the leagues from whence thee cometh.
Doore

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 17:38:58 »

Obviously never got taught to read....

It'll be nice to play Oxturd again so they can renew their rivalry.  Sadly, we've moved on to bigger and better things.  No doubt we'll put them in their place and send them hurtling back down the leagues from whence thee cometh.

Um, bigger and better things?  I'm not sure we can claim that at the moment to be honest.

Oxford were the main rivals when I was younger - early and mid nineties we had a fair few fixtures, which always helps.  The FA Cup defeat in 2002 hurt.  A lot.
witneygobshite

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 18:35:47 »

At last honesty, 2002 must have hurt, I wouldnt bet on it,but a double over you next season would hurt so much more
Spencer_White

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 19:27:23 »

betting on the Pox to win at the County Ground is complete madness, everyone knows that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: