Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grand National  (Read 89559 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 09:52:23 »

Did anyone see that Bill Bailey programme earlier in the week about baboons in South Africa.
The pink arsed bastards were working in groups nicking food and bags from cars.
We should have a Baboon Grand National and ride them around a field jumping trenches, they'll think twice about stealing from us again, little fuckers.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 10:12:17 »

horses love to run,but they have to be trained to do the jobs they do.

Trained?

Causing excruciating pain to force them to obey out of sheer terror is training?

Surely 'tortuous conditioning' would be a more appropriate term.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 11:03:26 »

Trained?

Causing excruciating pain to force them to obey out of sheer terror is training?

Yeah, a bit like bringing up a kid.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 11:10:11 »

Or teaching the wife to be obedient
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 11:47:39 »

Trained?

I'm assuming all these lot complaining are fully fledged vegetarians and fully aware how what they eat is killed. I also hope you don't participate  in any type of gambling when it comes to horse racing.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:11:54 »

I'm assuming all these lot complaining are fully fledged vegetarians and fully aware how what they eat is killed. I also hope you don't participate  in any type of gambling when it comes to horse racing.

I'm actually not objecting to the races as such, it's not something I lose any sleep over. And I've never gambled on the horses, although that's not on moral grounds.

But when somebody comes out and says that the horses actually 'love it', it's likely to evoke a reaction.
china red

« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:18:36 »

I'm actually not objecting to the races as such, it's not something I lose any sleep over. And I've never gambled on the horses, although that's not on moral grounds.

But when somebody comes out and says that the horses actually 'love it', it's likely to evoke a reaction.

But can't you see the huge grins on their faces as they run down the race course?

Have a good friend who is vegetarian, won't wear leather but loves the horse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:30:22 »

Course they do, parading around the place in their short skirts and high hoofs, just asking someone to slap a saddle on them
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:31:05 »

Dick teases the lot of them
flammableBen

« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:41:06 »

Paying to watch a midget whip a horse is fine, but if you suck one off whilst wanking into a kumquat then apparently I'm weird and could be locked up. Society can fuck off.
DMR

« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:54:55 »

Trained?

Excruciating pain? Sheer terror?

Mate if you don't know what you're talking about probably best to leave the debate alone eh? x
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 13:10:27 »

I'be already made it clear that I am indifferent on the subject and was just responding to a daft comment.

But considering you wan't to take it further, are horses not broken in using extreme pain to make them obedient?

And to put it into context of my comment, would they go anywhere near a race course if it was not for this 'breaking in'?
DMR

« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 13:16:16 »

No and yes respectively.

You seem to assume horse racing is some ungoverned animal beatdown with with no regulations.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 13:58:33 »

You seem to assume horse racing is some ungoverned animal beatdown with with no regulations.

THAT, I would watch.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 14:22:21 »

No and yes respectively.

Right

I was sure that there was a breaking in treatment which involved causing a great deal of pain to the horses highly sensitive nose. I can't find it on the web though so perhaps I was mistaken, although I'm sure I remember it from somewhere.

Still

What I did find is that many consider the training of horses to be cruel. Horses do not want people sat on their backs, they don't like it. Training often involves punishments to make the horse feel very tired or uncomfortable to make them more obedient in the future. They are not entirely happy to give people a ride, they are made to. I actually got that from horsey forums, it's all more or less the same. Their spirit is broken so that they no longer resist to something they don't enjoy.

Now the race course.

Putting aside the fact that they don't want somebody on their back in the first place, why would any animal want to knowingly put their life at risk without good reason (except for us). They simply just don't, they are being made to do something that they simply do not want to be doing and that thing is putting their lives at risk.

Now you seem to think that I have a thing against it, I'm not that fussed. I eat meat, wear leather shoes, and I'm aware of what a hypocrite is. The only reason I popped into this thread was in the hope of reading daft drinking stories.

But to but it into context, again, I was just responding to somebody's daft comment that the horses love it which is clearly absolute bollocks. Why would any animal 'love' doing something that they have been made to do unwillingly from a young age AND puts their life at risk?

It's just a shallow and weak excuse in an attempt to justify the deaths that occur?
« Last Edit: Monday, April 11, 2011, 14:24:01 by BANGKOK RED » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: