Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grand National  (Read 89404 times)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 20:24:34 »

Last years flat Phenom Frankel won't run again due to his recent injury, though is expected to make a full recovery. His spunk is going to be very valuable
nochee

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 20:36:54 »

I just noticed that I had the winner, happy days. I only got it at 25/1 though. I saw it came in at 33's. Never mind stil the first bet I've won in just under a year
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 20:57:10 »

I'm such a hypocrite because i love horse racing,but feel so guilty and ashamed when watching the grand national.
It was ridiculous watching that race unfold. Too many runners and the fences are to big imo.

I am starting to feel this way, and that's not like me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 06:55:23 »

I just noticed that I had the winner, happy days. I only got it at 25/1 though. I saw it came in at 33's. Never mind stil the first bet I've won in just under a year

Nice one.  I put only £2.50 e/w on it at 33/1
 Woot Jumping Woot Jumping Woot Jumping
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:53:00 »

I found out when I worked at Cheltenham how the kill the horses too which I suppose I'd never thought of before? Bit Brutal as they are such beautiful creatures
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:54:52 »

Horses scare the crap out of me.

Amazing beasts but I'm buggered if I'd get on one and ride it at speed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #246 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:57:48 »

Well shooting them in the head is probably as humane as you're going to get?
Flashheart

« Reply #247 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:26:38 »

Every year horses die at the Grand National
Every year the horsey types shed some tears/express grief for the cameras
Every year there's a debate about too many horses and the jumps are too big
Every year the horsey types say the horses love it but never answer why the horses are whipped
Every year people say how terrible it is and something should be done.....

Every year it's forgotten about in a few weeks and the next national goes ahead in the exact same way as all the others before it. Do bookies take bets on how many horses SURVIVE the race?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:49:07 »

Come on FH lets not get carried away. The horses are treated like royalty during their lives. A few sports have sad endings for the competitors, boxing, motorsports, even football and rugby, but you carry on.

I wonder whether they'll make a change to not allow a Gold Cup competitor race in the National in the same year? But to be honest I don't know enough about horses to know if 3/4 weeks is enough rest inbetween the races, when you factor in the training needed for the GN too.

I think I'll leave it to the powers that know more about the sport and horses to make a decision.
Flashheart

« Reply #249 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:53:56 »

I'm not getting carried away in the slightest, it's just how it is. Lots of hoo-har about horses dying after each event but nothing ever gets done, and never will.

Animals and people die in terrible conditions throughout the year, I for one and not going to kick up a stink about a particular even just because it happens to be on the telly and stuff. It's just the hypocrisy and weak excuses that I object to.

Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 10:17:07 »

An example of what I mean:

Professor Tim Morris, horse welfare director at the British Horseracing Authority, said the board were “very sad” about the horses’ deaths.

He admitted the Grand National was a challenging race with “inherent risks” but said everyone involved did all they could to minimise them “while maintaining the unique character of the race”.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2012/04/15/grand-national-champion-s-death-casts-dark-shadow-over-event-86908-23825382/

That's just a lie
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 10:29:03 »

What about the thousands of retired horses which get destroyed? Why do people only get 'angry' or upset at the time of the national.

I'm not criticising their point of view, just that it only seems apparent once a year.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:56:59 »

i fucking hate horses.

got bit when i was a kid....bastards.

never trust an animal that you cannot control 100%....if they want to go they go and there is fuck all you can do.

i stick to dogs.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:44:02 »

Deaths within horse racing will happen,but they are not expected like you know there will be in the national.
The national can remain and be a test for the horses but it does have to change.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:52:14 »

How is a broken leg such a catastrophic injury for a horse that it has to be shot in the head?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: