Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who should we keep for next season?  (Read 5551 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 18:20:26 »

Now it's just edging on the side that we're probably going down, I'd keep Pericard. Think he could do a job.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 18:31:30 »

I'd keep Caddis, McGovern, Ferry, Smith, Flint, Jean-Francois, Sheehan, Ritchie, Benyon and Misun.

You could almost make a first XI out of that:

Smith

Caddis
Flint/Misun (if he exists)
Jean-Francois
Sheehan
McGovern
?
Ferry
Ritchie
?
Benyon

Lucas, Cuthbert, Rose, Douglas, Pericard, Prutton, Timlin, Amankwaah, O'Brien, Dossevi, Thompson, Jesinkowski, Scott, Bodin and Evans can go.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 18:36:48 »

Ritchie, Flint, Benyon, LJF.  

Agree with this but I'd keep the youngsters. All our so called top players can fuck off. Both goalkeeprers can do one. Instrad of dumb and dumber they're shit and shitter but I can't quite put them in order. All the defenders can go. Cuthbert is the biggest dissapointment this season. Rose and Sheehan are fucking useless - I'd rather have Drysdale. If Manky stayed I'd be less fucked off than the others. Frampton is a carthorse who should be turned to glue. Caddis can stay but as righht midfield. JPM has proved yet again he's a good player in a good team but a standout lump of dogshit in a shit team. Prutts and Douglas can fuck right off. Ferry, I'm undecided on but only because we paid a few for him. AOB can fro as well. Dossevi and Pericard can go bum each other. Benyon - same as Ferry. Ritchie can stay.
These players have shown they're not battlers. How the fuck will they cope with Accy away on a Tuesday night? Do we really want these useless bottlers to put on the red against the Scummers.
Time to restock and start again.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 18:39:17 »

Agree with this but I'd keep the youngsters. All our so called top players can fuck off. Both goalkeeprers can do one. Instrad of dumb and dumber they're shit and shitter but I can't quite put them in order. All the defenders can go. Cuthbert is the biggest dissapointment this season. Rose and Sheehan are fucking useless - I'd rather have Drysdale. If Manky stayed I'd be less fucked off than the others. Frampton is a carthorse who should be turned to glue. Caddis can stay but as righht midfield. JPM has proved yet again he's a good player in a good team but a standout lump of dogshit in a shit team. Prutts and Douglas can fuck right off. Ferry, I'm undecided on but only because we paid a few for him. AOB can fro as well. Dossevi and Pericard can go bum each other. Benyon - same as Ferry. Ritchie can stay.
These players have shown they're not battlers. How the fuck will they cope with Accy away on a Tuesday night? Do we really want these useless bottlers to put on the red against the Scummers.
Time to restock and start again.

Looks like the groundsman in goal with Fitton up front then Cheesy
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 19:05:23 »

Will depend a bit on who is still in contract where we have little choice if they want to stay.
Also we need to take heed of the salary cap.

GKs - Smith has another year I think - I don't think either of our 2 first choice are good enough and I'd like a new GK with Scott as back-up.

FBs - Amankwaah should be good in L2.  Rose has another year and I don't think is as bad as many say. Sheehan's wages will be too high so he can go.  Kennedy as back-up.  Whatever happened to Nathan Thompson?

CBs - Would keep Cuthbert if he wants to stay but can't see it.  Flint & Misun under contract. Would keep LJF.  Desperate need to get a Greer replacement in - this isn't Frampton - Millwall can have him back.

Mids -
Dougie unlikely to stay but would want him to.
Prutton still under contract but if I'm sure we could use his wages to better effect if we can find anyone to take him off our hands. 
Would keep Ferry (again still under contract). 
Caddis a must to stay and still under contract.
Timlin - time to go this year. 
AOB - not what is needed in L2 and injured too much. 
JPM - still under contract and not sure whether I'd be bothered if someone came in for him
Ritchie - another that must stay and still has 2 yrs contract left.

Strikers
Benyon under contract and hopefully will prove useful alongside a bigger stronger striker with a midfield that produces some decent service.
Unfortunately Dossi and Peri still under contract but would seek ways to pay them off (TD definitely!)
Bodin - want to see him given a chance

I know this seems like a lot of the current squad to stay but I do believe that with a new spine of the team that introduces more steel and a motivational manager we would have the squad to succeed at that level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 19:35:17 »

Of the regulars I would keep: Lucas, Smith, Cuthbert, Sheehan, Caddis, LJF, Dougie, Ritchie, Benyon, Ferry.
I may keep: Manks, JPM.

However I would expect Ferry, Cuthbert, Sheehan, and Douglas at he very least to leave. Can't imagine Caddis and Ritchie to last past January should we not be challenging. That is one hell of a rebuilding job.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 4, 2011, 19:54:26 by Batch » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 19:53:20 »

Mental that some would keep/rate Smith over Lucas
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 19:54:39 »

Mental that some would keep/rate Smith over Lucas

I completely missed Lucas out.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:49:56 »

Rockin Robin (if only for the Haka)  No
Panda Paws

« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:50:24 »

Fair enough, but still see a lot of people rating Smith more than Lucas.
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:57:28 »

Agree with most that Benyon, Ritchie and Caddis are the players next season's side will be built around. LJF deserves another year and it would be nice to see at least one of Misun or Flint hold down a place.

A year ago I thought Cuthbert and Douglas were our two best players, but right now I think they both need to leave. We needed them to step up this season after losing a few key players and they've both let us down badly. They also represent our only hope of any transfer income.

Ferry is a tricky one. Something's clearly gone wrong with him this season, on ability alone there's no way two managers would both consistently leave him out of a struggling side. Suggests an attitude problem, which I really hope he sorts out as losing him would be a waste.

Both keepers, Sheehan, Frampton, Timlin and O'Brien have been awful this season and there's little to suggest any of them could truly cut it in League Two. Prutton and Rose are two I think we'll be stuck with, and while I'm far from a fan of either, I think they could both stand out in League Two.

Pericard and Dossevi appear to be all but gone already. Lets all just try to forget they ever happened.

My wild card goes to Big Kev. Worth having around, and more dependable than we give him credit for.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 20:57:47 »

Rockin Robin (if only for the Haka)  No

I think we could sell RR and his haka to Fulham....feed of Fayed's Jacko fixation.   Bring back The Moonraker.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 22:02:30 »

A lot of people are saying Douglas and Cuthbert will want to go...but part of the reason we are going down is because of them. Therefore they should man up and stay and get the club back to league 1. But as football is such a fickle game, they won't. Anyone know whos contracts are up in the summer? And if anyone whos contract isn't if they've got a relegation release clause.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: