Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nice little laptop job today  (Read 9337 times)
stfcinbmth

« on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 09:37:01 »

Sad Got a customers lappie here today. Apparently the cat puked all over the keyboard, some of the keys no longer work. Have got keyboard off, all nice dried cat puke underneath, will try to clean it up with some isopropanol. Nice job, yuk
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 09:51:40 »

I have had a laptop I had to fix that was covered in pepsi, that was a nasty one but cat puke....well...good luck with that!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 11:55:19 »

I have had a laptop I had to fix that was covered in pepsi, that was a nasty one but cat puke....well...good luck with that!

B and N key still don't work, taken keys off and cleaned contacts, blasted with compressed air, rubber bits feel ok. Any more ideas John?
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:09:20 »

i have a samsung lappie, it fell off the sofa, screen no longer works,  it aint that old would it be expensive to repair
stfcinbmth

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:35:49 »

i have a samsung lappie, it fell off the sofa, screen no longer works,  it aint that old would it be expensive to repair

Model no?

Strange, just attacking a Tosh where the screen don't work
woolster

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:37:50 »

Model no?

Strange, just attacking a Tosh where the screen don't work
R60 plus
stfcinbmth

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:48:59 »

Just to give you some idea about the price of parts

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Samsung+R60+plus+screen&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:51:33 »

Is there any "mess" between the contacts themselves on the matrix? actually inside the keyboard itself, they often get blocked with "mess" and dont form a full contact.

woolster

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:57:22 »

not to bad, how much for the laabour or can this be done by myself Eek
stfcinbmth

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:58:08 »

Is there any "mess" between the contacts themselves on the matrix? actually inside the keyboard itself, they often get blocked with "mess" and dont form a full contact.

I've had the keys off themselves and cleaned contacts and hit em with compressed air. Space bar doesn't work either
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 13:58:52 »

Replacing a laptop screen is a piece of piss and takes me about 30 mins tops, even someone with little know how can do it easily in an hour with pretty much no problems.

woolster

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 14:01:29 »

Replacing a laptop screen is a piece of piss and takes me about 30 mins tops, even someone with little know how can do it easily in an hour with pretty much no problems.
just seen guide to dong it, thanks
woolster

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 14:03:44 »

thanks for your help stfcinbmth
stfcinbmth

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 14:09:54 »

The Tosh I have with the non working screen, has had a new one fitted not so long ago so I'm taking a chance on the inverter board jj?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 14:20:26 »

The Tosh I have with the non working screen, has had a new one fitted not so long ago so I'm taking a chance on the inverter board jj?

It does sound like it mate, the invertors dont last forever, Si Pie just recently replaced his, not many pennies at all either, less than £15.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: