Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Do You Enjoy About Watching Swindon?  (Read 4771 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 10:26:45 »

It lowers your need for blow jobs.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 10:29:56 »

I like the girl who sings at the start of each half!  It has me feeling all positive before our useless tossers dash in all within minutes!

Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:25:49 »

plus, like ginginho said, it's some rare father and son time, which I hope will continue when/if I have a lad and he decides to continue the cycle of misery.

Our first is due in a couple of months and I've not decided whether to introduce him/her to Saturdays watching STFC or to point it towards a more successful team instead.

Do the highs outweigh the lows enough for me to inflict Swindon Town on my offspring?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:33:16 »

Depends. The only other option for my offspring would be Reading. And I'd rather my son turn out to be a transexual with a penchant for shagging elephants than support those fuckers.
flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:35:04 »

Just so everybody's clear. I regularly track the IP's of those who post about taking their children to Swindon games. About once a month I send a bulk list to the NSPCC.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:38:51 »

Depends. The only other option for my offspring would be Reading. And I'd rather my son turn out to be a transexual with a penchant for shagging elephants than support those fuckers.

My two little lads are both too young for football at the moment, but ever since they were born I have been hoping that we'll climb the leagues in the intervening years in the (possibly vain) hope that they will catch the Swindon bug from me.

But I'm also hampered by living outside the area.  Nearest clubs are Aldershot (who hardly count) and then, like you, Reading.  I'm getting nervous.  Time is running out.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:48:41 »

I can only describe being a fan of Swindon as having a women that you will always love no matter how many rows you've had, no matter how many guys she's fucked behind you're back, despite giving you aids and numerous other STD's. You will always love her no matter what. Thats what it feels like, even when you just want to finish with her she just always manages to convince you to stay around by giving you one hell of a blowjob to win you over again. I hope thats made it clear.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:52:11 by mrverve » Logged
jb

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 12:22:49 »

I can only describe being a fan of Swindon as having a women that you will always love no matter how many rows you've had, no matter how many guys she's fucked behind you're back, despite giving you aids and numerous other STD's. You will always love her no matter what. Thats what it feels like, even when you just want to finish with her she just always manages to convince you to stay around by giving you one hell of a blowjob to win you over again. I hope thats made it clear.

Ha Ha. Spot on sir.  Cheesy
ndc-red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 12:41:28 »

For me it's a badge of honor. It's about when people ask you 'who do you support and proudly replying Swindon Town'...when they laugh and say they support Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea I instantly disregard there football knowledge and to some extent lower my opinion of that person.

It's about standing in the pissing rain with your old man and Grandad when you are young, leaving early on a Saturday to get to some arse ridden place before 1 so they can have a few pints and sober up in time to drive home and later in life saving all your wages so that you can buy them a pint for the first time and feeling like the dog's bollocks.

It's not about Eric Sabin, David Duke or Richard Dryden attempting to play football its about the club, the history and the eternal hope of the x amount of people who go every week expecting little and in most cases getting less, It's about getting the Adver throughout the summer to check for new signings and awaiting that big name and when he comes his arse is the size of the north stand and it turns out he is a money grabbing wanker.

I live outside England now, in the US, and do not wish to be at home any other time than at 3pm (or 10am as it is here) on a saturday afternoon listening on World to 'Baby I'm ready to gooo' and hearing the line ups makes me jealous of the thousands there and think about the seat next to my Dad and Gdad that I would be sat in - I went to a Red Bulls game recently and it was unspeakably crap - not because of the stadium, which is better than ours, not because of the players, who are better than ours, not because of the half time entertainment, which was definitely better than ours (sorry robinettes or U9 youth players, but because there is no history, no tradition and no old geezer banging on about 1969 for the hundredth weekend in a row.

It's like a kid from a council estate who grows up and makes it big. This is infinitely more gratifying than the kid who inherits millions from his family and drives a fancy car around.

One day we will do a Blackpool - and it will be immense!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 12:48:33 »

For me it's a badge of honor. It's about when people ask you 'who do you support and proudly replying Swindon Town'...when they laugh and say they support Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea I instantly disregard there football knowledge and to some extent lower my opinion of that person.

I always like to innocently ask them which part of Manchester/London/Liverpool they are from, and then reply with an 'Oh, I see' when they inevitably aren't. Small victories.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 13:20:20 »

nothing, its an addiction.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 13:24:41 »

It's about standing in the pissing rain with your old man and Grandad when you are young, leaving early on a Saturday to get to some arse ridden place before 1 so they can have a few pints and sober up in time to drive home and later in life saving all your wages so that you can buy them a pint for the first time and feeling like the dog's bollocks.

It's not about Eric Sabin, David Duke or Richard Dryden attempting to play football its about the club, the history and the eternal hope of the x amount of people who go every week expecting little and in most cases getting less, It's about getting the Adver throughout the summer to check for new signings and awaiting that big name and when he comes his arse is the size of the north stand and it turns out he is a money grabbing wanker.

I live outside England now, in the US, and do not wish to be at home any other time than at 3pm (or 10am as it is here) on a saturday afternoon listening on World to 'Baby I'm ready to gooo' and hearing the line ups makes me jealous of the thousands there and think about the seat next to my Dad and Gdad that I would be sat in - I went to a Red Bulls game recently and it was unspeakably crap - not because of the stadium, which is better than ours, not because of the players, who are better than ours, not because of the half time entertainment, which was definitely better than ours (sorry robinettes or U9 youth players, but because there is no history, no tradition and no old geezer banging on about 1969 for the hundredth weekend in a row.

It's like a kid from a council estate who grows up and makes it big. This is infinitely more gratifying than the kid who inherits millions from his family and drives a fancy car around.

One day we will do a Blackpool - and it will be immense!

Good work.  I enjoyed that.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 13:52:24 »

After 35 years it's a habit that I can never imagine breaking but the reasons others have given are bang on too...

I know of nothing that can give you the sort of high that Bodin's play off penalty or a last minute winner after being 2 down does, what else can make you jump up and down hugging a total stranger?

A few pints before is always nice   Pint

Still something I can share with my old chap who is now in his seventies (I'm also now inflicting it on my daughter and son).

Swindon is my Town and however bizarre it may seem I'm proud of that.

Season ticket has been renewed so bring on league 2, Come on you reds!!!!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 14:02:31 »

It is like taking drugs you know you should stop but you can't
Like the majority of people i can not wait until this season is over, however i will be waiting for the new fixtures to come out
And then i am back on the habit of STFC
Melksham Red

« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 14:15:42 »

And takes all your money and blows it on shit!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: