Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 521088 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:36:01 »

I've just spent an evening exploring the scale 3D world map on Outerra. It was quite fun to plumb in the lat/long for Swindon and see the real scale elevations, especially the views of the Ridgeway Smiley

This was prompted by a Reddit post which had a scale map of Middle Earth for Outerra, so I can see myself wasting a lot of time exploring that too.

Anyone else messed about with Outerra? I really love free roam games, so to have a whole map of the world to just explore is immense. I just need an Oculus Rift and omni-treadmill and I'd never leave the house.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:30:58 »

I've been getting to grips with rust over the past few days- both online and on my own personal local server. It's a good game, but as it's Alpha at the moment it's plagued with hackers and Abusive Admins.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:52:27 »

I might end up doing that!

You should, I got halfway through and ended up getting a bit fed up with it. I'm watching a playthrough of the rest of it now and deeply regret getting rid!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 12:42:16 »

January was Ni No Kuni, without question the best jrpg I've played and February is XCOM which is proving to be much better than I expected. XCOM reminds me of a cross between the PC games Commandos and Syndicate from the 90s, love it.

PS Plus is very good value but I'm not a FPS man and that seems to be what we're getting at the moment. Last of Us was downloaded last night to keep me going through March. I'm trying to resist the urge of PS4 but it looks so shiny.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #949 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 13:47:55 »

I've been getting to grips with rust over the past few days- both online and on my own personal local server. It's a good game, but as it's Alpha at the moment it's plagued with hackers and Abusive Admins.

RUST is a game that I have been looking at trying. Id be interested to hear what you think of it?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 14:15:18 »

RUST is a game that I have been looking at trying. Id be interested to hear what you think of it?

It's similar to Minecraft in some aspects, but with more realistic graphics. Just saying that is barely scratching the surface though, there's a lot more depth and reasons to play than I ever found when I tried Minecraft. Like I've said, there are problems with Hackers and Abusive Admins, but it has got better recently apparently. You NEED to have a microphone to play though, otherwise every single person you come across will try and bash your skull in with a rock.

If you come across a friendly player who's willing to help you set up you can have some really good fun.
Barry Scott

« Reply #951 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 17:34:11 »

I've just started GTA 5 again from the beginning. Going to do it all the opposite way this time.

I was going to get FM 2006 going again, as I missed my wonderkids, but then I remembered I obliterated everything to do with it as it was a time-sink and I'd be too disheartened to start again.  Sad
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 19:32:52 »

F1 2013 is only £13 on Xbox Live today.

Quite tempted by that.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 23:13:13 »

F1 2013 is only £13 on Xbox Live today.

Quite tempted by that.

It's a very good game, I can't play it properly on PC because I only have a controller with digital throttle- i.e. on/off. You really need a controller where you can slowly feed in power through corners etc.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #954 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 12:56:37 »

Honkey, I am going to give RUST a run tonight! Do you know any good PvE servers?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 12:59:34 »

isn't the point of Rust PvP?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 14:05:00 »

isn't the point of Rust PvP?

Yeah, but people are bastards. Also as I've said there are a lot of cheaters at the moment because of the nature of it being a pre-release Alpha.

Try one of these: http://toprustservers.com/
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #957 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 17:34:09 »

Wanted to get to grips with a PvE first! Cheers
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 18:02:15 »

Yeah, but people are bastards.

This is one reason why I haven't played DayZ yet. The game looks awesome, but I don't really like playing against other people. Would much prefer it if it was just free roam with AI zombies and nothing else.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Thursday, February 20, 2014, 18:30:45 »

i still play battlefield 2....still...im sure the community will die off eventually but i do love it...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: