Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 525742 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 20:02:02 »

In Grand Theft Auto, a sniper rifle is my default weapon. I used to love finding buildings and things near by to slowly relieve the enemies of their lives. This game looks like something I'd love. Is it a game you'd recommend?

Definitely. You've gotta have some patience with it though, it's pretty tough. I've found the best thing to do is really scope out the area and look for a good vantage point. You've still gotta try and get there without being detected though, which is bloody difficult with snipers on the roofs! If you restart a checkpoint some of the enemies spawn in different places which I think is a nice touch.

I've watched some multiplayer demos as well and it looks fantastic, multiple game modes as well as co-op missions and the full campaign in co-op mode.

Nice to have a shooter than isn't purely run and gun. Think this could be one of those under the radar greats of 2012.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 20:02:59 »

You might like this one Barry, plenty of snipers about by the sounds of it. I'd get it myself but my graphics card isn't up to it. Its a very early stage mod of Arma 2, its proving so popular that Arma 2 is now 2nd in the Steam sales despite being 3 years old.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/thank-you-for-the-dayz-part-zero/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/14/surviving-in-day-z-part-two/

Ooooh yeah I read up on this the other day. Just wish I had a PC! Dunno if my laptop would handle it.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 20:05:43 »

Ooooh yeah I read up on this the other day. Just wish I had a PC! Dunno if my laptop would handle it.

Based on its popularity, wouldn't be surprised for it to get a release on its own in every format eventually. This game would be a best seller for x-box, Playstation once all the bugs/glitches are fixed and the server expanded to hold more people.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 20:22:12 »

Max Payne 3 is released on Friday, I loved the first two.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 07:54:33 by Ginginho » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 21:05:08 »

You might like this one Barry, plenty of snipers about by the sounds of it. I'd get it myself but my graphics card isn't up to it. Its a very early stage mod of Arma 2, its proving so popular that Arma 2 is now 2nd in the Steam sales despite being 3 years old.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/thank-you-for-the-dayz-part-zero/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/14/surviving-in-day-z-part-two/

Thanks, although like you my pc would never run this unfortunately - I only use it for fm every so often!

Definitely. You've gotta have some patience with it though, it's pretty tough. I've found the best thing to do is really scope out the area and look for a good vantage point. You've still gotta try and get there without being detected though, which is bloody difficult with snipers on the roofs! If you restart a checkpoint some of the enemies spawn in different places which I think is a nice touch.

I've watched some multiplayer demos as well and it looks fantastic, multiple game modes as well as co-op missions and the full campaign in co-op mode.

Nice to have a shooter than isn't purely run and gun. Think this could be one of those under the radar greats of 2012.

I've just bought it, as it sounds quite good. Thanks.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 06:32:26 »

Just started on Minecraft on the xbox... liking it so far! Some peoples builds are insane, some of the replicas on YouTube are just nuts. Never played it on the pc so can't compare the two.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 15:21:31 »

DiRT Showdown. Fucking brilliant. Destruction Derby brought up to speed.

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 15:35:22 »

Destruction Derby brought up to speed.

What a game! I remember the mode where you had to last as long as possible in the circular pit, and all of the other cars were out to get you.

I have Dirt 3 for the PS3, but I've played it about 4 times in the 6 months I've owned it. I think I'm trying to kid myself that I still like console games, as I've even stopped playing PES now. The next step is to give up football manager, as I've realised that had I devoted the time I've put into that game to something else, I'd probably be pretty amazing at something useful.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 15:49:23 »

Haha I know exactly what you mean. If I put the hours into playing the guitar that collects dust in my room that I have done into playing my Playstations over the years I would be better than Slash.

That mode you speak of was mental! They've got a similar one on this but rather than all 19 cars coming at you from the off, it introduces them in waves.

It's a top quality game, especially if a few mates have it.

Gethimout

« Reply #519 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 16:05:12 »

Has anyone played the new Ghost Recon game? I'm not sure whether to get it. I have MW3 and battlefield 3. Like playing both for different reasons.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 13:29:44 »

Anyone interested in keeping up with all the new games coming up this year and next E3 games event started today.

http://e3.gamespot.com/
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 14:47:37 »

Watchdogs, The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising are all on my list.

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 14:58:51 »

Watchdogs, The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising are all on my list.
The last of us is top of my list, Resi 6 is up there aswell.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 17:48:34 »

DiRT Showdown. Fucking brilliant. Destruction Derby brought up to speed.

I love the Dirt series. Great games. Sounds like I need to check this one out.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 16:54:24 »

Is the Euro 2012 thing for Fifa 12 any good? Worth £15 of my hard earned?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: