Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 135   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Games games games  (Read 519793 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1530 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 08:10:34 »

Cities skylines for less than a fiver: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/cities-skylines. Still on for another 8 hours.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #1531 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 10:16:54 »

Loving the Assissins Creed Origins, looks amazing at 4k runs like a dream maxed out, fairly simple gameplay but then all the genre of these are.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1532 on: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:25:35 »

Been twatting about getting RetroPie going on my raspberry pi3. Decent so far, got NES, SNES, Megadrive, PS1 and some super old Amstrad CPC games running pretty well. N64 emulation is choppy as fuck though.

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki
woolster

« Reply #1533 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 00:32:06 »

Been twatting about getting RetroPie going on my raspberry pi3. Decent so far, got NES, SNES, Megadrive, PS1 and some super old Amstrad CPC games running pretty well. N64 emulation is choppy as fuck though.

Hmmm where do i start to get this to play on my PC, confused  Pint Pint much
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1534 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 10:02:30 »

Hmmm where do i start to get this to play on my PC, confused  Pint Pint much

Try here:

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/3574/try-retropie-on-a-pc
https://retropie.org.uk/download/#Debian_Ubuntu_on_a_PC
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1535 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 10:04:20 »

I use Mupen64 on PC no idea if its Android compatible though, takes some setting up but runs well.

Saying that I haven't actually played it for a couple of years now but it was the best I could find back then.

Project 64 wasn't bad either in Windows.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1536 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 10:05:22 »

I use Mupen64 on PC no idea if its Android compatible though, takes some setting up but runs well.

Saying that I haven't actually played it for a couple of years now but it was the best I could find back then.

Project 64 wasn't bad either in Windows.

It is Mupen64 but the pi3 is not quite man enough. Going to get some cooling and try a small overclock.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1537 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 10:19:21 »

In theory a 1.2 quad with 1gb ram should be man enough, its a simple program but in practice it appears not THAT easy to run.

No idea how much you can overclock the BCM2 but I guess with passive (or active with a small fan and open case) cooling it won't be more than .2ghz that may be enough to make it go a bit better as thats about 15% extra, it may be the 1gb ram holding it back though.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1538 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 11:22:45 »

There's a kind of software overclock within Emulation Station which is what the emulators run on. I'll try that first. Happy enough with my megadrive/NES/SNES/PS1 for now.

Games used to be SO much harder.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1539 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 11:33:40 »

Games have evolved to look pretty above content, which is such a shame.

I would play almost any game on an Amiga over 95% of all games out now.

Even back on the BBC Model B playing Elite was better than so many titles now and they wrote that in 64k!

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1540 on: Sunday, February 18, 2018, 20:36:01 »

Games have evolved to look pretty above content, which is such a shame.

I've felt that with Horizon Zero Dawn, the graphics for a console look impressive, but the game play is a poor man's Skyrim with Zoids.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1541 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 09:49:47 »

I've felt that with Horizon Zero Dawn, the graphics for a console look impressive, but the game play is a poor man's Skyrim with Zoids.
I love Skyrim but it is basically just a pretty front end with button bashing to kill the baddies, it is at times beautiful though, I am still impressed with the brilliant graphics of AC Origins even if the gameplay is basically looks around and button bash the baddies as in Skyrim.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1542 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 10:44:43 »

I love Skyrim but it is basically just a pretty front end with button bashing to kill the baddies, it is at times beautiful though, I am still impressed with the brilliant graphics of AC Origins even if the gameplay is basically looks around and button bash the baddies as in Skyrim.

If that's what you think Skyrim is you aren't playing it right! The depth to that game is astonishing.

I really enjoyed Origins too. Gets a bit samey (as do all AC games) but the story was good, the combat system is MUCH better and as you said, the graphics are brilliant. I was really addicted to it.

If you want to play a game that has just about everything and isnt just button bashing give Breath of the Wild a go. Probably the smartest game I've ever played.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1543 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 10:46:18 »

If that's what you think Skyrim is you aren't playing it right! The depth to that game is astonishing.

I really enjoyed Origins too. Gets a bit samey (as do all AC games) but the story was good, the combat system is MUCH better and as you said, the graphics are brilliant. I was really addicted to it.

I have completed Skyrim twice with different paths but yes in the main its bash pots, find hidden things and beat up foes and steak things. As are the vast majority of games now, Assisssins Creed, Sykrim, Fallout etc

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1544 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 10:56:51 »

The depth to that game is astonishing.

Man you are easily pleased. Skyrim is great but it's hardly deep. Did you ever play Daggerfall or Morrowind?

"Daggerfall was initially developed with an updated 2.5D raycast engine, like the Doom engine, but it was eventually dropped in favor of XnGine, one of the first truly 3D engines. Daggerfall realized a gameworld of 160,000 square km, filled with 15,000 towns and a population of 750,000."
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 135   Go Up
Print
Jump to: