Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iris Higgs - RIP  (Read 23260 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 19:51:15 »

I have only just realised that through marriage I was very loosely and distantly related to Iris.  Her sister was married to my wife's uncle, and I did speak to Iris at wife's uncle's funeral a couple of years ago.   RIP Iris
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 20:22:46 »

I didn't know her name until this thread, but now the references to the badge wearing has been highlighted, I've spoken to her several times after games in the winners lounges.  I also happened to walk out of The Valley alongside her after the play-off win and laughed at her energy while I felt completely drained from it all.  I remember wondering if I would be still as fanatic about Swindon when I was her age - I hope so.  RIP.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 20:25:11 »

I didn't know her name until this thread, but now the references to the badge wearing has been highlighted, I've spoken to her several times after games in the winners lounges.  I also happened to walk out of The Valley alongside her after the play-off win and laughed at her energy while I felt completely drained from it all.  I remember wondering if I would be still as fanatic about Swindon when I was her age - I hope so.  RIP.

Iris was a diamond of a woman, dyed in the wool STFC, and with shock-value as well
lambourn red

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 20:45:05 »

Sad news a real character and STFC through and through
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 23:18:28 »

Ah that's really sad Sad have seen her at EVERY away game since my first one 11 years ago.

R.I.P

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 23:28:46 »

I dont think I can remember every going to a game and not seeing Iris.

I've spoken to her on occasions but dont know her but know who she is, as do we all.

I hope the club has some sort of proper tribute lined up because she's been there longer than all players have been alive and then some....
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 23:46:46 »

I dont think I can remember every going to a game and not seeing Iris.

I've spoken to her on occasions but dont know her but know who she is, as do we all.

I hope the club has some sort of proper tribute lined up because she's been there longer than all players have been alive and then some....

Me and a few others have something lined up!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 23:49:23 »

Every club needs an Iris. A loyal fan and a good woman. RIP
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 23:54:32 »

Me and a few others have something lined up!
At the very least PM STFC Bart and run it past him. Your idea of what constitutes a fitting tribute may not correspond with the family's.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:07:11 »

At the very least PM STFC Bart and run it past him. Your idea of what constitutes a fitting tribute may not correspond with the family's.

Okay!

Mrs Miggins

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:07:44 »

Like Swinbart, I am lucky enough to have been able to call Iris a good friend, being with her both home and away.  Like so many, I am going to miss her dreadfully.

She was one in a million, wore her heart on her sleeve, and had a heart of gold.  She managed to attract attention wherever we went, including chatting up the manager of Boots in hartlepol, and a rather nice police inspector at the Charlton play off game.  

Reading all the posts and tributes left today have brought me more than a few tears, and made me realise what a fantastic bunch of fans we have as a club.  Your messages are both moving and funny, and shows just how many lives she touched.  RIP Iris, and thank you xx
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:13:18 »

I remember Iris at the Play-Off semi and she was so full of optimism, even though I said i was pessimistic of our chanes. For those STFC's who weren't there, that day is indelibly marked in my soul, and my chirpy conversation with her forms a part of it. Never to be repeated, but she was there, and that's, in all her get-up-and-go will be how I remember her by. Away days rule
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:16:26 »

As a collective I think we should do a away days (and that's the true Swindonians) perhaps at Brentford and pledge our badges to sell off for charity??
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:19:25 »

As a collective I think we should do a away days (and that's the true Swindonians) perhaps at Brentford and pledge our badges to sell off for charity??

Well up for doing something in her memory, but not quite sure of what you mean!

shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 00:21:34 »

Maybe we could all give our Swindon enamel badges and sell them off and give the proceeds to a handicapped child or something?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: