Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King of tonga official matchday thread. Swindon v dagenham  (Read 33631 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:31:00 »

People always seem to blame the ref. Yes we've had shit refs, but it's our own fucking fault for where we are.

When you think a year ago we weren't too far off Leeds, Norwich and Millwall, all of who have a sniff at the Prem, while we're on our way to Div 4 it's  Sad
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:32:40 »

Exactly. It is a sad state of affairs, and yes at times we've been unlucky, but we've had so many chances to win games an just haven't taken them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
stfcinbmth

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:34:35 »

it's  Sad

Shit?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:35:25 »

When you think a year ago we weren't too far off Leeds, Norwich and Millwall, all of who have a sniff at the Prem, while we're on our way to Div 4 it's  Sad
There's no way Millwall will reach the play-offs, let alone win them.

But it's still a good point. If we could have nicked a few more points from games like Exeter and Wycombe at the end of last season we could have had a good go at the Championship this year. I think that's what makes our current plight so hard to take.  Relegation happens, but it's not often you find yourselves 2 divisions away from where you'd hoped to be.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:40:15 »

Last season we had two players who were scoring goals.

Now we have none.

If we had a game like today last season we would have scored three goals & their lucky deflected goal wouldn't have mattered.

FWIW, we have scored more league goals from midfield this season already than we did in the whole of last season
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:41:39 »

There's no way Millwall will reach the play-offs, let alone win them.

But it's still a good point. If we could have nicked a few more points from games like Exeter and Wycombe at the end of last season we could have had a good go at the Championship this year. I think that's what makes our current plight so hard to take.  Relegation happens, but it's not often you find yourselves 2 divisions away from where you'd hoped to be.

Millwall 7 points off PO...3 points off 7th....just about a sniff.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:42:55 »

FWIW, we have scored more league goals from midfield this season already than we did in the whole of last season

It's a funny old game.

That is a mad stat!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 20:59:55 »

Cuthbert has a mask to wear apparently so he should be available.  At least he admitted that it was down to his own shocking first touch that he got injured.

I thought it affected him today because he was poor.  Andrews was decent, Ritchie not at his best, Sheehan improved us and Grella was good.  The Stick that Rose is getting is undeserved, it was the manager that made the sub not him, he's hardly going to disagree is he?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 21:00:56 »

Oh and for those fans in the townend giving verbals to the players while the match is still going on, Fuck Off!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 21:10:55 »

Oh and for those fans in the townend giving verbals to the players while the match is still going on, Fuck Off!

Amen to that.

As for the substitution, it was very much in keeping with our general tactics, very negative.

As much as anything it sends the message that we are settling for what we have.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 21:24:48 »

People always seem to blame the ref. Yes we've had shit refs, but it's our own fucking fault for where we are.

Yes you're right, though that doesn't negate the fact that it was a 'cast-iron', 'stonewall', 'certain penalty' at the end.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 22:23:32 »

A couple of points.

Same shit different day. Yes we played better, yes we finally scored but once again we concede.

People having go at the players in the TE should be ashamed of themselves.

It looked like a pen, however those saying that it could cost us our League 1 status are miles off, what will/has cost us is the fact that we have been conceding stupid goals game after game after endless fucking game.

Michael Rose is never a defender in a million years.

Michael Rose is never a midfielder in a million years.

Hart isn't the future for this club, a good coach, but not at this club at this time.

I'm hating football at the minute.

I'm dreading the next two games, let's keep the scoreline respectable lads.

Suicide

Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 22:32:22 »

I agree, i wasn't keen on Hart's appointment in the first place but i'm guessing a lot of people on here feel that way? People on here questioned Wilson's tactics but Hart seems very negative with his approach and we should have gone all out attack against Walsall and again today but i just think he's not a good enough manager and hasn't had the impact the board were expecting.

He is a very good coach especially as a youth coach but he's not really management material his record clearly shows that too, Ok as a stop gap but nothing more i still think we should have gone for someone else but i'm guessing he won't be here next season regardless of what League we are in and it's looking more and more like League 2.

Even if he performed a miracle and kept us up i would want a more modern younger manager in for next season.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 22:46:29 »

To clear it up,may I just point out that the ref initially gave a goal kick and not a pen before giving the corner.
Gutted is an understatement.
Nite all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 00:26:12 »

Smith deserved it for his dickheadedness. Though people tell me it was aimed at Ritchie.

The ref was one of the better ones we have had this year, 'penalty' aside. But  the penalty decision was huge. It happened a bit quick for me, if he got it wrong it was a blunder. That said Daggers had half a shout in the fist half. Seen those given before.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: