Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King of tonga official matchday thread. Swindon v dagenham  (Read 33621 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:51:23 »

No one gives a fuck about your shitty little supporters club Smiley

Thank God!!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:52:15 »

On the upsides, Ritchie played well, Grella was bright, Andrew showed Pericard how the "big man up front" thing should be done (working hard, winning headers etc). Prutton on the other hand can fuck right off. Quite how he keeps getting picked is utterly beyond me.

Completely agree. Was impressed with Grella and Andrew. Their work rate was excellent. Thought Caddis did well too.

Phil Smith has some explaining to do. Not sure why he lashed out.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:55:30 »

Me neither then everyone started having a go at Ritchie in the Town End. WTF was all that about?
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:56:05 »

Should be ahead of Sheehan though......especially at home.....he can run at players beat them and cross a ball...unlike Sheehan.

Sheehan was about 100 times more solid today that Rose has ever been.

There is no way Rose should be ahead of Sheehan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:56:28 »

Me neither then everyone started having a go at Ritchie in the Town End. WTF was all that about?

I assumed they were having a go at Smith.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:56:35 »

On radio now, maybe they'll ask him. As I saw it, looked like he cleaned Ritchie out when he punched the ball clear (which as a keeper is fair enough) then Ritchie had a go at him verbally and whatever he said upset Smith enough to try throttling him
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:58:55 »

Serious post:

We have the best team on paper for years, but we can't seem to work out a way to win matches.

Problems:

1) IN YOUR HEAD - psychologic aspect. Keep on loosin', keep on getting sticks from fans and shitheads like myself (who abuse them online instead of on-pitch).

2) GROUP - working together as a group of players. They don't seem to have fun when they are playing. Football should be fun. Today Smith and Ritchie had an argument during the game. That's a wake-up call, should be... I remember in the 90s that Middlesbrough once tried to make it in PL, and on paper signed a lot of big names. They couldn't group together and got relegated. David Prutton and Jonathan Douglas are good players on paper, but it doesn't work at STFC. Get rid of them both!

3) FOCUS - just focus a little more on winning football games and playing football than tweeting your broken feelings out to people. You loose, you get stick - you win, you get applaud. That's life, Sons of bitches!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

flammableBen

« Reply #232 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:59:09 »

He apologised. Came across quite well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 17:59:17 »

Well according to Smith, Ritchie had a go at him for not shouting before he went for the punch and cleaning him out, and Smith saw red. Said he was embarrassed at himself and had already apologised to Ritchie and the team and now apologising to fans. Fair enough
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:01:37 »

I assumed they were having a go at Smith.

No it was Ritchie. Ritchie was giving it back as well mouthing off at a select few at the front of the TE.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:02:01 »

Completely agree. Was impressed with Grella and Andrew. Their work rate was excellent. Thought Caddis did well too.

This is not a dig at you Luci.

But ain't it incredible how players get praised on their work rate. They get paid to do what they do and they get paid rather well to do it. Working hard should be the bare fucking minimum we should expect from them. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:05:46 »

I didn't go so presumably my post is entirely irrelevant but it's not good to hear about our players still arguing with fans and now arguing with one another.

Was the formation the same as last week?
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:06:38 »

Just got back from the game.

Two poor teams and a poor game overall.  Last season we would have won that 4-0

Was impressed with the new boy upfront as well as Caddis and Ritchie.  Grella did well first half but looked cream crackered in the second half.  Thought he should have been replaced by O Brien as Dagenham lacked any pace in defence.

Overall a fair result based on the lack of clear cut chances either team produced.

DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:06:44 »

Yes, with Grella wide left, Ritchie wide right and Andrew the lone front man.

Worked better with a target man and Grella playing off him though.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 18:07:14 »

Has Phil Smith ever shouted at his players?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: