Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: End of our fans complacent era?  (Read 7539 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 11:52:28 »

Indeed, the very same poster that left the ground with 15 minutes still on the clock yesterday
Unfortunately I Had to go to work !
And you may of misunderstood my original post. I won't be happy with relegation, but I'd rather that than be out of business which was the alternative with that bastard Diamandis in charge.

From the Dark Side
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 11:57:13 »

You need to let it go a bit Phil, otherwise it will eat away at you and you will become even more bitter
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 12:08:24 »

or you may just die or something.

Just saying
Melksham Red

« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 13:00:14 »

There should be standing areas for the fans (supporters), and seats for spectators like yourself. I dont want to be near you, and you dont want to be near me.

Nail, head and hit.

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 13:42:01 »

I think there was the potential for a half decent atmos saturday, there seemed to be a little bit of a buzz around and the TE seemed pretty busy. But then there was that spell in the first half when we had about 90% possession but it was pretty much all amongst the back four.

I really think this passage of play sucked/sapped all the life out of the crowd and the game never really got going again, hence neither did the crowd.

Its ok to say, well the crowd need to initiate it, but that would take a monumental effort, or some fucker prepared to stand at the front and conduct. There used to be a guy who would do that, I havent seen him for a while mind.

I started going around the mid 80s and the atmos back then in the terraced town end as a 14/15 year old stays with you, believe me.

Finally, saturday I had the (mis)fortune to be stood in front of STFC Gazza and his mates, who managed to make the joke that Grella-grella-grella sound a little like the famous Rhianna song last pretty much the full 90.
DMR

« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 13:48:04 »

You could scream and shout all you like, but you would have to get yourself to a Swindon game first?  Wink

I maintain there are for more enjoyable activites for a young man to be doing on a Saturday, especially this season Cheesy
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 15:36:14 »

The dawning of a new era!

Clems Army!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 15:38:11 »

And you may of misunderstood my original post. I won't be happy with relegation, but I'd rather that than be out of business which was the alternative with that bastard Diamandis in charge.

but they're not in charge anymore. stop living in the past. those days are gone.
we should be building on the now and be aiming higher up the league and not just content with being in business

Spencer_White

« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:03:04 »

I maintain there are for more enjoyable activites for a young man to be doing on a Saturday, especially this season Cheesy

Not everyone likes wanking as much as you though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:07:23 »

You need to let it go a bit Phil, otherwise it will eat away at you and you will become even more bitter

Agree. Come on Phil those days have gone now thankfully. No point in dwelling on them. After all Fitton has been in charge for over 3 years now.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:14:34 »

This is so obvious as to be ridiculous. None of us would take winding up over relegation, but it's now pretty irrelevant.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 21:04:41 »

I haven't been to CG for about 5 years now. Living away just means that I don't get so many chances these days. Started going in '89 and was blown away at how good the atmosphere was.... used to stand in the Shrivvy right up close to the away fans - I loved it. Seemed to be loads of different chants being sung in those days - especially used to like the "We are Ossie's/Hoddle's Red and White Army" reverberating between the Shriv and the TE. The "Roger Malone is a wanker song"! was one of my fav's too.
I still remember times when we were shite (?91-92?) and relegation loomed but the vocal support was great. I remember games like ST 5 V 2 Leicester when we really needed the win to avoid relegation. Also when we were really in the doldrums and were losing at home to Cambridge Utd 2 or 3 nil, the crowd in the Shrivvy had such good gallows humour and we still chanted.... ahh the nostalgia...

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: