Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 35164 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #330 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:40:07 »

Side?

Two players = a side?

And who's the second you are referring to who was 'sold'?

You are just making yourself look silly now.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #331 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:45:42 »

You are just making yourself look silly now.

Players who have been sold this season.....

Greer - Nuff said

Morrison - Important player?

Austin - No choice but to sell, didn't go until January.

Or are you referring to a player who was not actually 'sold', but left?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:54:06 »

Everything has been pretty much said.

Just wanted to add how dissapointed I was when we played 4-5-1, at home, in a game we desperatley needed to win, really annoyed me.

As others have said, we dominated and had lots of possesion but it was all backwards and sideways. We really lack that cutting edge and another striker is a must, thought Grella did well with no service.

Obika is a useless cunt, if you dont want to be here, fuck off.

Walsall got what they came for but were never really stretched.

It's looking really grim for us now, and it's not exactly the best time to be playing Plymouth!
Spencer_White

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:58:55 »

Im talking about Greer of course.

But Paynter is a great example of how fickle football can be. Put an Austin or a Cox next to him and he's a good player. Play him up front on his own, or with shite like Ben Hutchinson and he's garbage.

Weve got other players like that here now. The likes of JPM, Cuthbert, Amankwaah, Ferry, Ritchie, Sheehan. They can go either way, you need your star players to get the best out of them.

Then you have players who just dont look good enough who are going to weigh you down no matter what happens. Not going to name names. Yes weve had too many of those this season. But they were all free transfers, and free transfers are always a roulette wheel. Ideally you need to be in for players in the £50-£150k bracket.

You dont seem to have grasped that currently we have the worst team in the league, and there are reasons for that. Hopefully lessons will be learnt.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 12:11:15 by Spencer_White » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 11:59:37 »

Obika is the most dissinterested and lazy player I have ever seen in a Town short, truly not fit to wear our shirt, I have a feeling he has been told by Spurs he will be given a free at the end of the season and has lost heart, it is the only possible option for his lack of running and chasing after the ball and actually wanting the ball, if he had followed in the shot bu Rose at the end I truly feel he could have scored the rebound but he wasn't bothered....send him back please.

Nice write up JJ. I had my suspicions about Obeka after his debut at Col U but you can't really write a player off after one game can you? The writing was on the wall though. Funny you should mention the following up (or lack of it) because the very same thing happened at Colchester. Other than that he was totally off the pace. Sounds like it was more of the same yesterday. Utter shit. He'll be playing in the Blue Square South next season. Probably his level.
Spencer_White

« Reply #335 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 12:03:33 »

Nice write up JJ. I had my suspicions about Obeka after his debut at Col U but you can't really write a player off after one game can you? The writing was on the wall though. Funny you should mention the following up (or lack of it) because the very same thing happened at Colchester. Other than that he was totally off the pace. Sounds like it was more of the same yesterday. Utter shit. He'll be playing in the Blue Square South next season. Probably his level.

He is another Ben Hutchinson. He's affraid to try hard because he knows if he tries his best it will just expose how shit he actually is. They know if they keep that mystique then their agents can keep fooling managers into thinking this is a quality player.

At least Dossevi had the balls to lay it all on the line.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 12:16:50 »

I'm beyond caring now. I don't know if I can even be bothered with the remaining home games.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #337 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 12:43:48 »

Yesterday was some of the best home support weve managed all season.

Thats so disappointing, we should have really backed the team but there is such a level of despondancy at the moment it is difficult to raise fans expectations before a game, if we had attacked early on as we did late on in the game I feel the fans would have been more voiciferous.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #338 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 13:05:23 »

Thats so disappointing, we should have really backed the team but there is such a level of despondancy at the moment it is difficult to raise fans expectations before a game, if we had attacked early on as we did late on in the game I feel the fans would have been more voiciferous.

Its not despondancy, this has been going on for far too long as per my other post. Its a lack of excitment and an indifference in the DRS. And out of the silence comes Moaning.

The season tickets might be cheap, but Im not sure some of the people who bought them really want to be there. Which is bad news in terms of our future potential in terms of numbers.

It doesnt help that the Stratton Bank has been used less than ever this season. Away followings in the FL seem to be going rapidly down hill and have been for a while. The South Stand used to thrive with the away fans on the bank in the mid to late 90s.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 13:06:28 »

First game under Paul Hart and not a lot has changed really. I didn't like the way the team was set up with 4-5-1. When you're at home in such a big game you need to play a more positive formation unless it really works and yesterday it certainly didn't. Furthermore I thought he should have changed it earlier than he did as Grella was winning a lot of flick ons etc but there was no one there to receive them.

I wasn't sure what the game plan was from the off other than attempt to walk the ball into the net. We didn't use the wings very well at all and Walsall put men behind the ball when they could and defended very well. The 2 big plus points for me yesterday were that for a start we didn't hoof the ball like we were doing towards the end of Wilson's reign here. It was all on the deck passing and we were very good in keeping possession. We were also very solid at the back and didn't really look like conceding. Of course other sides may have had more of a go at us than Walsall did yesterday. The sum total of it all was that didn't create anything. We saw 2 similar games against Exeter and Tranmere earlier in the season at home which were exactly the same. Plenty of possession with no end product. We need more if we are going to stay up.

Player wise I thought Grella was excellent yesterday. Great first touch on him, made some good runs with the ball. Please please please play a striker up there with him. I think Benyon and Grella could work well if Grella is one to do the dirty work. Rose had a decent game. I don't get why he is constantly slagged off by our fans week in week out. He was one of the few players that actually looked like making something happen in this game and his shot at the end was very unlucky. Ritchie was the only other one that was credible going forward for me. It was never a penalty though. He just fell over....he does it all the time. Stay on your feet please Matt!

We need a minor miracle to stay up now. We have to go all out on Tuesday and then next week at home to Dagenham as well. 2 massive massive games for us. At least we have a solid base to build on from yesterday.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #340 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 13:12:24 »

Pretty much agree with all that IOB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 13:45:15 »

In the third tier?

It will happen every week next season, just like in 06/07.

No, ever...

In L2 the teams came at us more than Walsall did. That season they knew we were good enough to break them down, so sitting back would still end up with a win for us.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 16:14:49 »

Obika is simply another Frank Nouble, possibly even lazier. Difference being that Nouble came here with a reputation of being a donkey, Obika had at least scored goals at this level before for Yeovil so there was some hope surrounding him.

Grella showed some promise, could beat a man and tried hard. More to come from him I'm sure but on first impressions and his history he is not a goal scorer. I would be very surprised if we sign another player before the end of the season - as I said before, our lack of activity in January will be what costs us.

The formation, as has been said, was extremely negative. I lost count of how many times the midfielders passed the ball backwards and sideways yesterday, especially in the first half. Fair enough taking off Ferry because he was knackered, but replace him with a striker, not Michael fucking Timlin.

I'm not having a go at Paul Hart, but he isn't going to do himself any favours here with negative tactics like we saw yesterday.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 16:25:45 »

Agree with you Chris that Grella looked good but not an out and out goalscorer. Anyone know when Benyon's due back?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 16:31:05 »

Anyone know when Benyon's due back?

Was expected back in training tomorrow morning. Tuesday may be a bit soon but barring disaster he's not too far off.

I have a bit of a worry regarding Benyon. He is an in the box goalscorer. Not sure we get it in the box though Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: