Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 34767 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 16:59:02 »

My feeling is he would thrive for us in LG2.....not sure he is up to the rigours of a bruising contest at LG1 level.....had more injuries in a month with us than his whole career so far.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 17:05:11 »

Well ...... The day after the afternoon before hey .........

I am sure the tactics and all that have been discussed on here till kingdom come, but for me a moment that made me smile came with around 15 minutes to go .....

A fellow season ticket holder sat infront of me with his 8 or 9 year old daughter, and during a quiet moment she turned to her dad and rather loudly said ......... 'Dad, we're going down arent we?' .....

I could just see the 30 or so people around us nodding their heads!!!

So do we get more hopeful as we get older, or should we all just follow the young girls lead and face it ....... We're shagged??

FCB
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 17:17:56 »

Well ...... The day after the afternoon before hey .........

I am sure the tactics and all that have been discussed on here till kingdom come, but for me a moment that made me smile came with around 15 minutes to go .....

A fellow season ticket holder sat infront of me with his 8 or 9 year old daughter, and during a quiet moment she turned to her dad and rather loudly said ......... 'Dad, we're going down arent we?' .....

I could just see the 30 or so people around us nodding their heads!!!

So do we get more hopeful as we get older, or should we all just follow the young girls lead and face it ....... We're shagged??

FCB

It must have been the day for kid's comments, to the amusement of all around us, my 7 year old son at one point said 'we're not very good are we, we never win anymore, this is a load of rubbish'! 

At the other end of the age scale, a bloke who is probably around 70 got so angry at the end, I genuinely thought he might keel over as he shouted 'rubbish, absolute crap, you're not fit to wear the shirt' etc.

I don't think it matters what age you are, most of us know rubbish when we see it  Smiley  And yes, I think we're shagged.

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 17:37:32 »

going 4-5-1 was not a surprise.we ship too many goals so hart is trying to stop that.
we are not exactly blessed with forwards either(well ones worth playing anyway)
if we are going to stay up it will be done by grit and determination,not pretty attacking football.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #349 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 17:41:03 »

Tbh, you can't really see where the goals are going to come from

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 17:44:45 »

exactly.hart is not a turd polisher.the best he can do is make us hard to beat and hope we can nick results.
might be enough?then again might not?
can't see what else he can do though with the dross at his disposal.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 18:44:37 »

I might be the only one, but I'm not too sure about Grella. Even though he played up front on his own, he kept coming back into the midfield area and we had no one up there. He also had an Obika moanment from the other week and should've passed to Ferry, but went alone. He like one of those players that when one on one with the keeper, I expect to miss.
We will see, man of match, no way.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 18:51:53 »

We will see, man of match, no way.
Who stood our for you?

Grella was probably the best of a very average bunch.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:07:12 »

The only reason Grella took that shot on was because Ferry, Prutton and Douglas all stood on the half way line like mugs until Grella was in a position to make a pass.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:09:18 »

Has anyone found out what Hart's favourite cheese is yet?

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:18:49 »

Stinking Bishop.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:37:08 »

Who stood our for you?

Grella was probably the best of a very average bunch.
Matt Ritchie, the only player I feel could create something yesterday and was up and down the pitch. The rest were average.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:48:17 »

My observations, two sides cancelling each other out, but we having the chances but not taking them. 1 goal in the last 6 home games tells a story.

When the highlight of the game is the songs the TE were singing at the Walsall keeper...you know it's a poor game. Walsall came for a poimt and they got it. We have to win at Plymuff now.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #358 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 19:54:57 »

No, ever...

In L2 the teams came at us more than Walsall did. That season they knew we were good enough to break them down, so sitting back would still end up with a win for us.

I think more teams than not will park the bus next season.

In 2007 Mansfield were still parking the bus at 2-0 Swindon and seemed thoroughly happy with that result.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 21:50:54 »

Generally the performance was decent. We controlled the game without really looking like we were ever going to score. I can understand why Hart decided on 4-5-1, because we didn't have any strikers available for two up front.

The next two games have to be wins. 7 points from these 3 games were a minimum. We have it all to do.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: